Thankful

Hate That I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Jooyeon heaved a sigh as she turned away from the window.

The haunting memory of her brother’s death was something she hated thinking about and being blamed for it was worse.

She shook her head, “I’m sorry Joowon-ah. I should have watched after you better. I’m sorry.”

A tear rolled down her cheek as she looked up and blinked away the rest of her tears. She sniffed and wiped away that tear that had rolled down her cheek.

Jooyeon turned to look over at her husband, who was still peacefully sleeping. She closed the curtains and walked over to her husband.

She sat down on the chair and gazed at her husband.

Jooyeon grabbed Sunggyu’s hand and caressed his knuckle with her thumb. “It’s only you who can comfort me, Sunggyu. With that dark, haunting memory, you’re the only one that is able to make me forget it. So wake up and help me get the memory.” She pleaded softly.

-----

A small groan was made.

Sunggyu pinched his brows together as another small groan escaped his lip.

He slowly peeled open his eyes. His eyes wondered around for a bit as he adjusted to his vision. Seeing that his surroundings was somewhere unfamiliar, he continued to look around.

Then the car accident popped into his mind.

Sunggyu’s eyes widened as he was about to get up, but a sharp pain ran through his body.

A moan in pain escaped his lip as he breathed heavily.

Then he felt something move on his left.

Sunggyu turned his head to see what was next to him. He felt his heart stop seeing Jooyeon sleeping soundly with her head on her arms that were crossed on the bed. Not to mention that she was still holding his hand.

Seeing that sight of his wife sleeping, Sunggyu felt both happy and thankful.

Happy that his wife was by his side and thankful that nothing serious happened to her.

A smile appeared on his face as he lifted his free hand and placed it on Jooyeon’s head. He her hair with his thumb.

“Thank you Jooyeon-ah.” He whispered.

-----

Jooyeon snuggled into the pillow that gave her warmth. Then something around her waist tightened, pulling her close.

She furrowed her brows wondering how in the world she was snuggling into a pillow when she didn’t even sleep on a sleep the night before.

Jooyeon snapped her eyes open to come face-to-face with someone’s chest. She looked up and saw Sunggyu’s sleeping face.

A small gasp escaped her lip as she saw how close up they were to each other. Then she knitted her brows together.

*How in the world did I get here?* Then something popped in her head. *Did he wake up in the middle of the night and move me here?*

“I must be really handsome that you can’t stop staring at me, huh?” Sunggyu cracked a smile with his eyes still closed.

Jooyeon narrowed her eyes at him. *I knew it.*

Sunggyu slowly peeled his eyes opened and looked down at his wife. “I saw how uncomfortable you were, so I brought you to sleep with me and it seems like you slept pretty well, huh?”

A smirk grew on his face.

Jooyeon scowled as she sat up, “No.”

Sunggyu chuckled at his wife’s flustered expression. He slowly sat up and rested his head on her shoulder blade.

Jooyeon turned her head to look at him over her shoulder, “What are you doing, Sunggyu?”

The said latter closed his eyes and sighed in content, “Nothing. Let’s just…stay like this for a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter