Pink or Blue

Hate That I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

“WHAT?!” Hoya shouted in shock.

Jooyeon winced as she pulled her phone away from her ear. She placed the phone back to her ear with a frown on her face, “Yah Lee Howon.”

“Sorry, but can you repeat that once more? I don’t think I heard it well.” Hoya requested.

Jooyeon rolled her eyes but nonetheless repeated what she said earlier, “I’m pregnant.”

“Alright, alright, you’re pregnant. No biggie.” Hoya mumbled.

“WHAT?! JOOYEON’S PREGNANT?!” Two voices shouted behind Hoya, who snapped at them. “SHUT UP!”

Jooyeon shook her head as she listened to her cousins argue.

It had been a week since she and Sunggyu found out that they were going to have a baby. They were both still excited yet cautious, but their excitement overtook the cautiousness.

It was a Wednesday when she finally decided that she was going to call her cousins and tell them the news because they were after practically her brothers.

“Yah! Give me the phone!” Sungyeol shouted.

“No! I’m still talking to Jooyeon!” Hoya argued.

“Give it to me! Jooyeon-ah!” Sungjong called.

Jooyeon let out a small laugh hearing her cousins fight over the phone. “Why don’t you guys just put the phone on speaker?” She suggested.

“It is!” The three brothers chorused.

Jooyeon raised her brows, “Then why are you three fighting over the phone?” “Because we want to hold it!” They replied.

Jooyeon clucked her tongue, “You three are so childish. Remind me not to visit you guys because I don’t want my child to be as childish as you three.”

“NO! WE’RE SORRY JOOYEON-AH! WE’RE SORRY!” The Lee brothers apologized in unison.

Jooyeon laughed as she shook her head, “You three…I don’t know what I’m going to do with you three. Well, I’ll go now since you guys are arguing.”

“NO! DON’T HANG UP!” They chorused.

“I’m just kidding.” She giggled as she heard the three males sigh in relief on the receiver.

There was a silence that eloped the phone call.

“So…is this what you and Sunggyu were doing on that week vacation? Making babies?” Sungyeol blurted. “Ow!” He winced as he received two smack on the head from his brothers.

Jooyeon rolled her eyes at the question knowing that it was something Sungyeol would ask. “No we were not. We explored Jeju because it had been a while.” She replied.

“How old is the baby?” Sungjong asked.

“Five weeks now.” Jooyeon replied.

“Are you excited, Jooyeon-ah?” Hoya asked.

“I’m nervous.” She truthfully answered.

“You’ll be a great mother, Jooyeon-ah.” Sungyeol declared.

Jooyeon smiled softly as she heard that, “You think so?”

“We know so Jooyeon-ah.” Sungjong replied.

Jooyeon looked out the windows of the penthouse, “I don’t know. I’m still a little iffy about it.”

“It’s natural for you to feel that way, Jooyeon-ah. I’m sure all first-time mothers feel what you’re feeling. It seems like you won’t be a good mother, but you’ll be wonderful.” Hoya stated.

“Don’t you like children, Jooyeon-ah?” Sungyeol asked.

“I do.” She replied.

“Then there should be no problem in raising a child.” He declared.

“Sungyeol, it’s not as easy as that.” She rebutted.

“It’s not?” The male asked utterly confused.

Hoya and Sungjong face-palmed ashamed to have such a brother.

“Sungyeol just stop talking. You’re just embarrassing yourself.” Hoya shook his head.

“Jooyeon-ah.” Sungjong called. “Hmm?” She replied. “Just take things slow. One of my friend’s wife is also pregnant and they’re taking things slow.”

“How did Sunggyu react to the news?” Hoya asked.

Jooyeon thought back to how her husband reacted when they found out that she was pregnant. He was on cloud nine, just the happiest person ever.

“He was…overjoyed. He’s looking forward on being a father really.” She replied.

“Then I see no problem that the two of you are going to raise the child well.” Hoya chuckled.

“Jooyeon-ah, do you want the baby to be a boy or girl?” Sungyeol asked finally being able to talk.

Jooyeon thought about the question. It never once accord to her whether she wanted a son or daughter. Actually, she really didn’t care. If it was boy or girl, she would love him or her unconditionally.

“It doesn’t really matter to me. Boy or girl, I’ll love my child.” She answered.

“Well, I hope it’s a boy. I want a nephew.” Hoya stated.

“I do too.” Sungyeol added in agreement.

“A niece would be nice.” Sungjong said.

“Of course you would say something like that, Sungjong.” Hoya made a face.

Sungjong rolled his eyes at his brother, “You just don’t apprec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter