Bending The Rules

Hate That I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

“Good morning.” Sunggyu greeted, wrapping his arms around his wife’s waist.

Jooyeon turned her head to look at her husband, “Good morning.”

A smile spread across his face as he planted a soft kiss on the side of her head, “You know it’s not very nice of a wife not to wake her husband up in the morning. We, husbands, feel very lonely without our wives by our side when we wake up.”

Jooyeon raised her brows in amusement, “Is that so?” Sunggyu chuckled as he kissed her temple, “It is.” “Then should we replay you waking up then?” “No not now. I’m really hungry though.”

Jooyeon nodded as she went back to cooking, “Well breakfast is almost done so if you want to go sit down and wait.”

Sunggyu shook his head, “No, I want to hold you like this forever.” Jooyeon let out a little laugh through her nose, “If that’s what you want.” “It’s one of the things that I want anyway.” “Then please don’t tell me the other things you want because I don’t know if I’m able to give them to you.”

Sunggyu chuckled as he nuzzled into her neck. He planted a soft kiss on it, “Don’t worry you will.”

Jooyeon shrugged off her husband, “Breakfast is ready. Go to the table, Gyu. You’re a distraction.” “It’s because I’m attractive, aren’t I?” Sunggyu let go of his wife and walked over to the table. “I didn’t know that bending the rules would change you so much.” “It’s because I’m finally able to show my true feelings, Jooyeon-ah. You know you like it.” “You just read my mind, didn’t you?”

Sunggyu smirked, “Maybe, maybe not.”

Jooyeon laughed softly as she set down their breakfast.

“Korean food today?” Sunggyu raised a brow as his wife continued to set up the table.

Jooyeon shifted her attention to her husband, “Is something wrong with eating your own culture’s food?” Sunggyu chuckled, “Of course not. Thank you.”

Jooyeon smiled and sat down across from him, “Eat or the food’s going to get cold.”

-----

“Have fun at work today.” Jooyeon straightened her husband’s tie.

Sunggyu gazed down at his wife, who looked up at him with a questioning look.

“Is something wrong?” She asked. Sunggyu shook his head, “No, but won’t you come with me to the company? I get bored just staying in there all day.” “But won’t I be distracting you from your work?”

Sunggyu chuckled as he curled a strand of hair behind her ear, “Never.”

However, Jooyeon wasn’t convinced, “I don’t know. I think I’ll just call Woohyun and have him come over today.”

Upon hearing that, Sunggyu raised a brow, “You’re not willing to come with me to the company, but you’re willing to call another man over to our house?”

Jooyeon pinched her brows together, “It’s not a bad thing that I’m inviting my best friend over. Plus, he’s happily engaged with the woman he loves. You also know that nothing’s going to happen between us.”

“But I still don’t trust that sly fox.” Sunggyu defended. “Yah Kim Sunggyu, how can you call your best friend a ‘sly fox’? You know without him, we wouldn’t have decided to bend the rules so instead of hating on him, you should be grateful.” Jooyeon reminded.

Sunggyu sighed in defeat. There was nothing that he could say to wish against that.

“Fine, but it really won’t hurt if you could to the company with me. I would really appreciate it.” Sunggyu gave his wife a sincere smile.

Jooyeon softened as a small smile stretched on her lip, “Okay, I’ll come with you.”

Sunggyu’s eyes sparkled, “You will?” Jooyeon nodded, “Just because we both going to miss each other.”

------

Minah stood up with wide eyes seeing both Sunggyu and Jooyeon walking through the glass doors.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter