Her Cousins

Hate That I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Are you ready to go?” Jooyeon asked stepping into the living room. Sunggyu looked up at his wife and nodded, “I’m ready.”

Jooyeon nodded, “Then let’s go. I’m sure they’re waiting for us.”

She headed towards the front door. Jooyeon stepped into her flats and opened the door, stepping out.

Sunggyu followed his wife out of their penthouse. He closed the door and locked it. He turned around to see that his wife was walking towards the elevator already.

He heaved a sigh and followed her. He caught up to her in no time since the elevator was literally just right there.

They waited for the elevator.

Jooyeon had her arms crossed over her chest. She impatiently drummed her fingers on the back of her forearm.

Sunggyu saw this and one end of his lip curved upward into an amused smile. “Are you that eager to see your cousins?” He asked.

“They are very important to me.” Jooyeon replied still drumming her fingers.

“Are they…more important than me?” Sunggyu asked.

Jooyeon stiffened at the question.

DING.

The elevator opened and Jooyeon immediately thanked it for coming right then. If not, she would have had to answer that dreaded question.

However, the two of them already knew the answer to that question.

No, they weren’t more important than Sunggyu.

Jooyeon and Sunggyu had hit the point where if they were to die for the other, they would do it. Seriously.

-----

Jooyeon looked up at the café in front of her.

The name was ‘Le Café’. Very French, don’t you think?

“So this is their café they opened?” Sunggyu looked around. Jooyeon nodded, “It has the same name that Sungjong gave me.”

“Let’s go in. I want to see what they design the place like.” Sunggyu pulled his wife towards the entrance of the café.

The two of them stepped into the café.

The sound of coffee grinding, the smell of cocoa beans, and calming music playing hit them as the door slowly closed behind them.

“Welcome to Le- Jooyeon!” Sungjong beamed and ran up to Jooyeon, who smiled at him.

“Jooyeon!” He pulled her into a bone crushing hug. Jooyeon let out a small laugh as she hugged her cousin back.

Then rushed footsteps were heard coming out of the back.

Jooyeon and Sungjong pulled back.

“JOOYEON!” Two loud voices called.

Jooyeon looked up to meet her cousins’ eyes, “Hello.”

The two boys ran to Jooyeon and engulfed her in a tight hug.

Jooyeon felt like the air in her lungs were squeezed out because of their tight hug.

“I can’t breathe, you two!” She squeaked.

Hoya and Sungyeol laughed, pulling back. They beamed at Jooyeon before shifting their attention to Sunggyu, who was just standing there.

“Hey Sunggyu.” Hoya greeted. Sunggyu nodded, “Hey.”

“It’s nice to see you again.” Sungyeol smiled. Sunggyu chuckled, “I could say the same. I like the café. It’s nice and cozy.”

“You gotta thank the maknae for that. He was the one that mostly designed the café.” Hoya jabbed a thumb in Songjung’s direction.

Sungjong chuckled and linked arms with Jooyeon, “It’s all thanks to Jooyeon actually. She was my inspiration.” He turned to Jooyeon and beamed, “Thanks for being my inspiration, Jooyeon-ah.”

Jooyeon laughed, “I didn’t even do anything.” Sungjong laughed through his nose, “It’s because you’re perfect, Jooyeon-ah.”

Hoya and Sungyeol laughed in agreement. Sunggyu smiled as he watched his wife’s cheeks flushed pink.

“I’m not perfect, Sungjong.” Jooyeon said embarrassed. Sungjong laughed and tightened his arm around hers, “Well, that’s too bad because you are in my eyes. Actually, you’re perfect into everyone’s eyes.”

Jooyeon’s cheeks deepened in the color of pink going to red.

“I have to agree with him there. You are perfect, Jooyeon.” Sungyeol grinned. Jooyeon shook her head in denial.

Hoya turned to Sunggyu, “Don’t you think Jooyeon’s perfect too?”

Sunggyu looked at the younger male before shifting his attention to his wife, who was looking at him waiting for his response. “She’s perfect in every way there is.” He truthfuly answered.

The three Lee boys laughed hearing his response.

“See, Jooyeon, you’re perfect in every way.” Sungjong beamed.

Jooyeon shook her head as she sent her husband a playful glare. Sunggyu smiled cheekily making his eyes disappear.

“Jooyeon-ah, come sit.” Sungyeol grabbed Jooyeon’s hand and pulled her towards one of the empty tables. The other three boys followed the two of them.

Sungyeol pulled out a chair and Jooyeon sat down, giving her favorite cousin a grateful smile.

Hoya patted the chair across from Jooyeon and turned to Sunggyu, who blinked. “Sit. We’ll come back with something tasty.”

Sungjong nodded in agreement.

Sunggyu chuckled and sat down across from his wife, who was looking at her cousins.

“Stay and wait. We’ll be right back.” Sungyeol grinned.

The Lee brothers headed to the back of the café leaving the married couple by themselves.

It was silent between the couple. They listened to the sound of the blinders working, soft chattering from the people around them, and the music that was coming from the speakers.

“I like it here.” Sunggyu blurted. Jooyeon flickered her attention to her husband, “You do?”

Sunggyu looked into her eyes and gave her a small sincere smile, “I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter