One Last Time

Hate That I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

“You’re such a good boy, Taenam-ah.” Jooyeon smiled holding her now four month old son.

Taenam continued to slowly drink his milk.

Jooyeon just stared at the infant. She wanted to memorize every single feature about him. “Taenam-ah,” She called softly. “Eat like this when your daddy feeds you, okay?”

Then the four month old choked on his milk.

Jooyeon quickly pulled the bottle away and set it down. She lifted him up to her shoulder and gently patted his back.

Taenam let out a small burp before Jooyeon stopped patting his back. She let Taenam stay on her shoulder for a bit before pulling back and cradled him in her arms again.

The bedroom door opened and stepped in Sunggyu. Jooyeon looked up and saw her husband.

Sunggyu walked up to his wife and child.

“Did Taenam just finish eating?” He asked.

Jooyeon nodded looking back down at their son, who was looking up at her.

Sunggyu looked at their son and softened, “He’s growing up so well, isn’t he?”

Jooyeon nodded, gently patting the infant’s , “He’s growing up too fast.”

“Jooyeon-ah, stay. I know you want to.” Sunggyu stated.

“You know very well that I can’t.” Jooyeon caressed Taenam’s cheek.

“But you’ve been here for a month already.” Sunggyu reasoned.

“Doesn’t matter. I just want to be with my son a little more.” Jooyeon said softly.

“Jooyeon-ah.” Sunggyu called softly.

“Sunggyu, please. I just…want to be with our son.” Jooyeon pleaded.

Sunggyu let out a sigh and stepped back, “If you need anything, just call.” With that, he left the bedroom.

Jooyeon didn’t spare her husband a glance. She just stared at the infant, who was also staring back at her. Her lips curved upwards into a small sad smile, “Your daddy is really hurt because of mommy. When you grow up, forgive mommy for leaving. I’m doing the three of us a favor.”

-------

“Sunggyu.” Jooyeon stepped into the master bedroom.

Sunggyu turned around to face his wife, “Yes?”

“I was thinking…how about we go on a family date today.” Jooyeon suggested.

Sunggyu couldn’t believe what he just heard. Did Jooyeon just really suggest a family date?

“Jooyeon-ah,” He breathed out.

Jooyeon gave him a soft smile, “Would you like to go?”

A broad smile spread across Sunggyu’s face as he walked towards his wife, “I would love to.”

“Great. I’ll get Taenam ready then.” Jooyeon smiled.

Sunggyu nodded and watched her leave the bedroom. He couldn’t help but feel happy. It was the first time since Taenam was born that Jooyeon suggested them to go out as a family.

He was definitely overwhelmed with joy. He chuckled for no particular reason and walked towards the walk-in closet to change his outfit.

-------

“Are you two ready to go?” Sunggyu asked stepping into Taenam’s room.

Jooyeon looked up and smiled, “We’re ready.”

Sunggyu grinned and walked towards his wife and son. He peered at the four month old, who was on his mitten.

“Aigoo, is our little Taenam excited to see the world?” He chuckled.

Taenam let out a cheerful laugh.

Sunggyu beamed and gently the infant’s head then he turned to his wife, who was watching the two of them interact.

“Jooyeon-ah,” He called gently.

Jooyeon shifted her gaze to her husband.

“Thank you.” He said softly.

Jooyeon softened and nodded.

Sunggyu turned back to the infant and smiled, “Taenam-ah, let’s go have some family time together.”

------

“Look Taenam, the leaves are changing colors.” Jooyeon pointed at the trees that had different color leaves.

The four month old eyes brightened. He looked around at his surroundings taking in the new environment.

Sunggyu chuckled, “I think he likes the outside world, Jooyeon-ah.”

Jooyeon laughed softly and nodded in agreement, “I think so too.”

Carefully, Sunggyu circled his arms around Jooyeon’s waist.

Jooyeon turned to look at him.

Sunggyu gave her a soft smile and leaned down. He rested his forehead on the side of her head.

Jooyeon smiled and relaxed in his arms.

“Taenam-ah, mommy and daddy loves you very very much.” Sunggyu said looking at the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter