It's All Fake

Hate That I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jooyeon set the bag with the empty containers on the counter. She dazedly walked towards the master bedroom.

Opening the door, Jooyeon gently closed it and took a step but stopped. She inhaled a deep breath as she blinked back her tears.

No, she wasn’t going to let a single tear fall because of Sunggyu. She wasn’t.

However as much as she didn’t want to, she did.

Tears rolled her cheeks as she slowly fell to the ground with a hand over and one clutching her chest.

It killed her inside knowing that she and Sunggyu were acting like that.

Jooyeon just hated how she and Sunggyu had to act in front of everyone. Yes, she was good at acting, but it gets tiresome and she was tired of it.

Tears continued to flow down her cheeks as her heart ached.

-----

Sunggyu lifelessly stepped out of the elevator. He walked aimlessly towards his office.

He pulled the glass door open and stepped in.

Minah, his secretary, stood up and blinked at him. “Mr. Kim.” She called softly.

Sunggyu looked up at her and gave her a forced smile before walking down the hall to his office.

His secretary watched him go. She noticed how his shoulders looked heavy like he was carrying weights on them. Her heart ached knowing that she couldn’t do anything about it.

*Isn’t there anything I can do?*

-----

Sunggyu sank into his chair. He buried his face in his hands as he let out a groan in frustration.

He hated himself and Jooyeon at the moment. Why did things have to be so complicated?

*And just to think everything is fake.* He bitterly thought. *Of course excluding the stupid contract. I hate them for making us go through like. We’re adults and yet we’re treated like children. Pathetic.*

Sunggyu raised his head and heaved a sigh, leaning back in his chair. He squeezed his shut thinking about his wife at home…alone.

It hurt him that he hurt her emotionally.

He was a coward for not being able to do anything.

-----

“Hello?” Jooyeon answered her phone. “Hi princess.” A jolly husky voice greeted.

The ends of Jooyeon’s lips curved upwards hearing the familiar, comforting voice, “Howon.”

Hoya chuckled on the other end, “How are you doing, princess?” Jooyeon let out a small giggle, “Fine. Thanks for asking. How about you, Howon? Is everything for you going well?” “I guess you could say that.”

Jooyeon pinched her brows together, “What kind of answer is that?” Hoya laughed through his nose, “It’s nothing, Jooyeon-ah.”

However, Jooyeon was still suspicious to why he had answered like that.

“So how is this lovely cousin of mine doing, oh? Have you adjusted to the marriage life already?” Hoya asked.

Jooyeon’s heart clenched remembering that she was married.

“Howon, it’s been one year already, what do you expect?” Jooyeon answered. Hoya let out a dry chuckle, “That’s right. It’s already been one year since…the marriage. How’s…Sunggyu?” “He’s fine. We’re doing…fine.”

Hoya frowned on the other line knowing very well that his cousin was lying, “I know something’s wrong. You know you can always tell me. If not, there’s still Sungyeol and Sungjong you could talk to.”

Jooyeon felt her lips curve up into a small grateful smile. She had such loving and caring cousins.

“It’s okay Howon. There’s no need to get them. I’m sure the two of them are busy. Aren’t the three of you busy with your café that you guys just opened?” Jooyeon asked changing the subject.

Hoya let out a sigh knowing that Jooyeon didn’t want to talk about Sunggyu. “Oh, the café’s doing well. We’re attracting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter