Nam Woohyun

Hate That I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Click.

The front door to the penthouse unlocked.

Sunggyu stepped into the penthouse that was dark. He knitted his brows wondering why it was so dark.

Finding the light switch on the wall, he the lights.

“Jooyeon?” He called out softly.

There was no answer.

Stepping into the living room, Sunggyu spotted a figure on the couch.

His eyes softened seeing that it was his wife asleep on the couch with a blanket over her. He walked towards her and carefully sat down next to her, not wanting to wake her up from her slumber.

He gazed at her face, taking in everything from the top on her forehead to the bottom on her chin. She was just perfect in his eyes. Everything about her was perfect and he loved her very much.

The ends of his lip curved upwards as he gently brushed away a loose strand of her hair out of her face. He saw how peaceful she was and he didn’t want to disturb her, but knowing that sleeping on the couch was going to make her neck ache, Sunggyu had no choice but to carry her.

He slipped an arm under her knees and another wrapped around her as he carried her to their bedroom.

Struggling a bit with the doorknob, Sunggyu successfully opened the door and stepped in to the bedroom. He walked over to their bed and carefully lay Jooyeon on the bed.

He pulled the blanket up to her shoulders and leaned down to give her a kiss on the forehead. He pulled back and smiled, “Goodnight Jooyeon-ah. Sweet dreams.”

-------

Jooyeon groaned as she stirred in bed. Slowly peeling her eyes open, Jooyeon sat up in bed.

She looked around and noticed that she wasn’t in the living room anymore. She was now in her and Sunggyu’s bedroom. She turned to look at the spot next to her.

It was empty and cold.

Jooyeon ran a hand through her hair as she climbed out of bed and out of the bedroom. She stepped in the hallway and saw that the whole penthouse was pitch black and quiet.

However, her ears picked up light voices in the living room. Knitting her brows together, Jooyeon walked towards the living room.

When she reached the bedroom, she saw the big screen TV was on. There was a random movie playing.

Her eyes scanned the living room and saw a figure on the couch. Taking a step forward, Jooyeon stared at her husband, who was sleeping soundly on the couch.

Her rigid body relaxed as she continued to walk towards him. She carefully sat down next to his sleeping body.

Jooyeon gently pushed away his bands that were covering his closed eyes. The ends of her lip curved upwards into a soft smile as she placed a hand on his cheek. She caressed his cheek with her thumb and leaned in. Her lip hovered over his before she gently pressed her lip against his for a gentle kiss.

She pulled back with an adoring smile, “Sweet dreams Gyu.”

------

“Morning.” Sunggyu greeted stepping into the kitchen.

Jooyeon looked over her shoulder and gave him a soft smile, “Morning.”

Sunggyu walked over to the table and sat down. He watched his wife cook their breakfast. Even though Jooyeon still could have been sleeping in instead of cooking breakfast, Sunggyu was happy about the fact that she loved him enough to give up her sleep just to cook breakfast for him before he left to the company.

“You should have kept sleeping, Jooyeon-ah. You look tired.” Sunggyu analyzed his wife.

Jooyeon glanced up to look at him before looking back down at the bacon, “It’s not good to skip breakfast you know.”

Sunggyu felt his heart melt knowing too well that his wife was worried about his health. “You’re always worrying about my health, aren’t you?” “That’s what wives do, don’t they?” Jooyeon counter asked as she placed the bacons onto a plate.

A small bittersweet smile appeared spread on Sunggyu’s lip as he turned to look out the windows. “I don’t know about that. There’s too many stereotypes about wives, so I wouldn’t know which one is the real one.”

A plate of American style breakfast appeared in front of him.

Sunggyu looked up to see his wife taking her seat across from him. She looked up at him with a blank expression, “Aren’t you going to eat?”

He looked down at his breakfast and picked up his knife and fork, “Thank you Jooyeon.”

“Eat.” Jooyeon ate a piece of bacon, munching on it.

One end of Sunggyu’s lip curved upwards as he took a bite of the pancakes.

Breakfast was silent like every other meal that they had together, but today was a little different.

“Woohyun’s back.” Sunggyu stated as he ate another piece of pancake.

Jooyeo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter