Back To Work

Hate That I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

2013 is almost gone over here and 2014 is almost here. Wow!

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jooyeon bite her lip as she watched her husband button up his shirt. “Gyu, can’t you rest some more?”

Sunggyu turned to look at his wife, “I can but I’m not.”

Jooyeon frowned hearing his response, “Gyu, please.”

A small chuckle escaped Sunggyu’s lip, “Don’t worry about me. I’ll be fine. I just want to go check up on the company. It’s been a while.”

“Gyu, it’s only been five days. You won’t die without it.” Jooyeon reasoned. “I know, but it won’t hurt to go to the company. I just don’t want things to go wrong while I rest. I’ll feel uneasy and anxious not knowing how the company is doing without me.”

Jooyeon stared at her husband as he tried to tie his tie but failed miserably.

Heaving a dejected sigh knowing that she wasn’t able to persuade her husband anymore, Jooyeon walked in front of her husband.

Sunggyu blinked down at his wife, who was fixing his tie on his neck. He watched as she gracefully tied his tie perfectly.

A small smile spread on his lip knowing that he had won this round.

------

“You can come if you want to.” Sunggyu stated as he fixed his jacket.

Jooyeon shook her head, “No, it’s okay. I’m not really fund of company work. It’s quite boring to me.”

A chuckle escaped Sunggyu’s lip, “Of course. Don’t worry, it’ll be quick. I’ll be home soon.”

All Jooyeon did was nod her head as she watched him slip on his shoes.

Sunggyu turned around to look at his wife, who was watching him. “I’ll be back, Jooyeon-ah.”

Jooyeon put on a small smile, “I’ll be waiting then.”

------

“M-Mr. K-Kim!” Minah, his secretary, stood up with round eyes.

Sunggyu gave her a smile, “Afternoon Minah.”

The woman bowed, “Good afternoon.”

A small chuckle escaped his lip as he walked past her desk, stopping, “If there’s anything that I need to do, please bring it to my office.”

Minah straightened up and spun around to look at him with wide eyes, “B-But Mr. Kim, you just recovered.”

“I know, but I just want to keep the company stable. So please bring any documents that needs my attention to my office.” Sunggyu started walking towards his office.

His secretary bowed, “Yes sir.”

------

Sunggyu stepped into his office, switching on the lights. He looked around and saw that everything was still in place.

“It seems like no one dare step in here while I was gone.” He mumbled as he walked over to his desk. He pulled out his chair and sat down, leaning back in the chair.

His mind wondered off to his wife that was at home doing who-knows-what.

A sigh escaped his lip as he thought about her. *Jooyeon-ah, what are you doing right now? Are you thinking about me as I am thinking about you? Do you miss me?*

He closed his eyes as his thoughts wondered off to random thoughts that appeared his mind, most of them were about Jooyeon, his lovely wife that he loved yet hated at the same time.

One corner of his lip curved upwards. “I guess the saying if you love them a lot, you’ll hate them as much is true, huh?”

A small chortle escaped his lip.

Then a soft knock came at the door.

Sunggyu slowly opened his eyes and turned his head to look over at the door. Another sigh escaped his lip as he straightened up.

He cleared his throat, “Come in.”

The door creaked opened and stepped in his secretary.

“Mr. Kim, these are the documents that came for you.” She said meekly as she set the pile of documents on his desk.

Sunggyu nodded as he looked at the pile of documents that were probably useless on his desk. He looked up at his secretary, “Thank you Minah.”

She bowed and scurried out of the office like she was running away from something.

“Is something wrong with her?” Sunggyu blinked then shifted his attention to the pile of d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter