Labor

Hate That I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Jooyeon sighed as she her round belly. She was staring blankly at the TV screen, not watching the drama that was on.

She looked down at her round belly and smiled. “Just two months left and I’ll finally be able to greet you into the world. My precious son, I love you.” Jooyeon closed her eyes and continued to her stomach.

Sunggyu stepped out of the bathroom and looked around for his wife. When he finally spotter her, he smiled. Sunggyu made his way over to his wife and unborn child.

“Jooyeon-ah.” He called gently.

“Hmm?” Jooyeon hummed in reply.

Sunggyu chuckled and sat down next to her. He placed a hand on her round stomach and placed a kiss on her cheek. Jooyeon smiled widely when Sunggyu kissed her cheek.

“How are you and the baby doing?” He asked her belly.

“Fine.” Jooyeon replied moving her head onto Sunggyu’s shoulder.

“That’s good.” He kissed the top of her head.

“In just two months, we’ll be able to see our son, Sunggyu. Aren’t you excited?” Jooyeon asked.

Sunggyu chuckled and rested his chin on top of her head. He placed his hand over her hand and laced their fingers together. “I’m very excited. I’ll finally be able to hold my son that I’ve waited for.”

Jooyeon smiled and snuggled more into his warm side. Sunggyu closed his eyes and drew circles with his thumb on her round belly.

A peaceful silence elope the couple. They enjoyed each other’s presence. It was relaxing and calming.

“Ah!” Jooyeon snapped her eyes opened and jerked forward.

Sunggyu opened his eyes and looked at his wife, “What’s wrong Jooyeon-ah?”

However, Jooyeon didn’t reply but let out another painful scream. Sunggyu started to panic, “Jooyeon-ah, what’s-”

He faltered when he saw red. His eyes rounded as his jaw dropped.

“Sung- Ah!” Jooyeon let out a painful scream.

Sunggyu jumped to his feet and quickly ran to the bedroom for his car key. He quickly rushed back to his wife, who was clutching onto her stomach with sweat and tears on her face.

“Jooyeon-ah, we need to go.” Sunggyu helped Jooyeon to her feet. He grabbed the blanket that was on the arm rest, “Okay, let’s go.”

-----

“Sunggyu!” Jooyeon screamed as another painful contraction hit her again.

Sunggyu glanced at his wife, who was in pain. He squeezed her hand in comfort, “We’re almost there.” He stepped on the accelerator and switched lanes.

“Hurry!” Jooyeon shouted in pain and anxiety.

Sunggyu glanced at his wife again. His heart clenched seeing her in so much pain. He wanted the pain instead of her. He wanted to take the pain away because he couldn’t stand seeing the woman he loves in pain.

“We’re almost there.” Sunggyu assured as he made a right turn. “Hurry, I don’t think…I can hold…anymore.” Jooyeon squeezed her eyes shut tightly. “Just a little bit more. Hold on just a little bit more, okay?”

All Jooyeon managed to do was nod.

It didn’t take long before they finally reached the hospital.

Sunggyu pulled up to the front of the hospital and got out. He rushed to the passenger’s side.

“Jooyeon-ah.” He called softly.

Jooyeon whimpered in pain.

Sunggyu turned around and saw nurses wheeling out a bed.

“Mr. Kim, we’re going to need Mrs. Kim onto the bed and take her to the labor room.” One of the nurses informed.

Sunggyu nodded and turned back to his wife. “Jooyeon-ah, I’m going to put you on the bed, okay?”

Jooyeon gave him a light nod.

Sunggyu slipped an arm under Jooyeon’s knees and one around her waist. He used all of his might to lift her up and out of the car. He carefully placed her onto the bed.

Once Jooyeon was on the bed, the nurses wheeled it inside the hospital.

----

“How is it Dr. Song?” Sunggyu asked.

Dr. Song frowned, “I’m sorry to inform but we’re going to have to deliver the baby now. If we don’t’ both Jooyeon and the child will be in danger.”

Sunggyu’s eyes widened, “But the baby isn’t due for another two months.”

Dr. Song nodded, “I know but there was something that went wrong so we need to deliver the baby now.”

Sunggyu looked at the doctor, “Is there no other way, Dr. Song?”

Dr. Song shook his head.

Sunggyu ran a hand through his hair. He didn’t know what to do. He was stuck.

“Sunggyu, there isn’t much time. We need to do it now.” Dr. Song ushered.

A small sigh escaped Sunggyu’s lips, “Okay. Do it.”

Dr. Song bowed and left Sunggyu in the hallway.

Then a nurse came out with a pair of garment.

“Mr. Kim, please change into this. Your wife is going to need your support.” She informed.

Sunggyu accepted the cloth and followed the nurse. He changed into the garment and stepped into the labor room where Jooyeon was.

When he stepped into the room, Jooyeon was getting ready to push the baby. He rushed to her side and grabbed her hand.

Feeling someone grabbing her hand, Jooyeon looked up and saw her husband.

Sunggyu gave her an encouraging smile. He pressed a kiss on her forehead.

“Oh no.” Dr. Song looked u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter