A Sad view

From ... With Love

~Changmin~

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was feeling warm. Not to mention how I could hear my heart beating like crazy inside my chest. This was weird . Really weird. How did she manage to make me feel all that?

As i was closing my eyes, somehow my memory memorizing her touch onto my skin, to my disappointment she suddenly stopped causing me to open my eyes

I opened my eyes to see her smile shyly and she was kind of leaning away from me. Her cheeks were rosy, she was blushing..

"Uhm.. I think we need to go"

"Go where?" I asked a bit dumbfounded not fully awake from her touch yet

"My examination!" She chuckled

I got up on my feet fast as I wobbled my way over to her wheelchair. I could hear her laugh but she didn't say anything and I had a feeling that she was laughing at me. I just didn't want to know the reason why ..

We were both silent as we made our way down to the examination section. Even in the waiting room, we still stayed silent. I had no idea why I was silent but I couldn't look at her cause it felt so.. weird. I was feeling nervous everytime I looked at her..

"Yoona Park?"

Both of us reacted on her name, except that I could see the doctor while Yoona just nodded

"This examination is going to take you about 1 hour since it's very rare that we have this special doctor here. So.. your assistant cannot come with you. But we will call you as soon as she finishes the examination"

I nodded

"Oppa, don't forget to practice the piano for a bit" She smiled

"Nae~~ I'll be back soon"

She nodded

I was having my hands in my pockets, looking at her as the nurse wheeled her away from me. I noticed her head spin around a bit as if she were trying to look at me before she rounded the corner..
I even had time to see the smile she had on her lips..

Still a bit dazed I had no idea what to do so I decided to go back down to her room and sit there, wait for her until she was done ..
I was leaning onto the armchair, closing my eyes as my flashbacks of her touch replayed inside my head..
Really, it refused to disappear from my head. .

I decided to think about something else cause when I thought about the touch of hers, it just.. gave me.. a ticklish feeling inside my stomach, not to mention that I started to get warmer as I thought about it ..

I was staring outside the window, looking down to see kids playing in the garden, assistants, doctors and nurses walking with their patients..
I smiled to myself as I realized that i was kind of lucky to get this job. If I think about it one more time, i wouldn't even hesitate if they would ask me to come and work again next summer ..
I liked it here..
I liked the feelings, the scents.. The staff and the patients and it made me grow as a person. Understanding the burdens and feelings of a person who doesn't have all the options like I had. .

That was when my mind slipped into Yumi..

I let out a heavy sigh as I thought about it and I was thinking hard about it . I wonder what she was doing.. Where she was..
If she missed him ..
Missed us ? ..

My eyes landed on the book that Yoona was reading and I took it and placed it on my lap as I tried to understand what it was saying..
I then remembered that I had brought the papers with me today so I stood up and ran outside her room, down the hallway and into the dressing room ..

As soon as I found the papers, I slowly made my walk back to Yoonas room and I closed the door behind and sat down in the armchair in order to start reading ..
I had no idea how I was going to read this since to me, it just looked like dotted symbols..

But I was soon able to make out the characters and the letters and within 15 minutes I was able to read the first page. I was so into the book that I forgot time, where I was and that I was actually here to work and not reading ..

The characters and the embossed letters registered inside my brain immediately and when I actually started to get a hang of it, I was able to make out the easiest words but the longer and complicated words took me almost 5 minutes to understand and read. .

"Yoona?"

I didn't hear the voice since I was so immersed in the book itself..

"Yoona? Are you here?"

The call was like a wake up call, causing me to look up from the book, placing it on the table right next to me as I stood up and spun around ..

My eyes landed on the person, wearing a black tee with a yellow sweater, black jeans and white sneakers..
Her hair was plaited into two, she was holding onto the rail that was build onto the wall..
Her hands were soft, skin shining even in the broad daylight, her eyes empty, expressionless as she was staring blankly in front of her..

Unknowingly I felt my chest becoming heavier as my hands folded into fists, causing my breathing to become slower. I was inhaling deep breaths but it was hard. It nearly choked me..

Tears were welling up as I felt myself shaking.

She made her way down to the bed, using her hands in order to get her forward. I saw her silently and determined taking steps towards the bed where Yoona was sleeping ..
As I watched her walking across the floor.. I felt my heart breaking as I saw how unsure she was.. Having to take each and every step with care in order to not fall over..

I couldn't help but cry ..

Her independence was gone. As well as her self confidence..
She had lost her eyes..

"Yoona . It's Unni" She whispered

I started to feel that she kind of felt a bit loss. I took a deep breath, coughed and I saw her freeze by the bed

"Who's there?"

I swallowed hard

I had no idea if I should introduce myself.. since if she knew it was me, she would probably run away and I didn't want her to do that. But what am I suppose to do now when I know that she lives here and that she has been Yoona's Unni all along ?

If I told her my real name.. There would be a small chance that she would run away again . Knowing that Hyung was waiting for her was breaking my heart but then again I started to understand why she had left him.. Seeing her so fragile and scared in front of me was enough to understand that she couldn't take it..

She wanted to make it on her own at first. .

"Who's there?" She asked with a trembling voice

I put on a smile, with the tears still falling down my cheeks

"I'm Yoona's assistant. Jin Woo Imnida~~" I said

I could see her relax a bit and then she put on a smile

"Annyeong haseo Jin woo. I'm Yumi. I'm looking for Yoona.. Is she.. here?" She asked softly

The voice that had left us about 2 months ago, I was able to hear it again. The voice that Hyung wanted to hear.. I was able to hear it now and .. for some reason it felt like.. it had changed..

Into a more miserable.. unhappy voice

"Uhm..she's having an examination now. I'm suppose to get her in a few minutes.. Would you like to wait here or ?" I asked slowly

IT felt weird talking to her again but I was holding it back. The voice. I have to be careful..

"It's ok.. I'll just return to my room and I'll.. come back later.. Nice meeting you Jin Woo" She smiled

"Nae~~ You too"

I watched her going towards the room, slowly..
You know, for a person who could see it didn't take more than a few seconds to get outside the room but for a blind person, it took almost 1-2 minutes.

I was biting my lip so that I could hold back my sobbing.. as I watched her. As soon as she closed the door behind I fell down onto my knees, covering my face as I burst out into tears. .

It's Yumi ..
It's really her..