The Chance

From ... With Love

~JaeJoong~

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Knock KNock

"Come in.." I said and sat up after lying down on the bed, preparing myself for the exams

"Oh Hyung.." Changmin said and entered

I looked at him

"Nae~~"

"I'm going now.. Junsu is studying in the livingroom and Yoochun hyung is in his room composing. Yunho hyung isn't home. he's exercising.. just so you know" Changmin said

I returned to the back, not knowing why he even bothered to tell me where he was going

"I'm.. having an job interview.. I amanged to find a place to work at.."

"That's great" I mumbled behind my book

"I guess.. I'll be going ... then.. I see you.. Sutdy hard"

"Mhm.. Good luck.."

I could hear Changmin let out a sigh as he closed the door behind. I looked at the clock to see it was almost 1 pm and I decided to take a rest since I had been studying non stop for 2 hours..

I looked around in my room. It was so neat and clean that you could probably look at your own reflection on the desk. My wardrobe was so neatly put that you could almost think that I was pedantic..

To tell you the truth.. I was trying to kill time. I was trying my best to having myself doing something, enough so that everyday would pass and I wouldn't think about her..
But of course.. sometimes it worked.. sometimes it didn't .. . But most of the time, it did work..

How ?

I was keeping myself busy where I had to concentrate my entire brain and mind on it or else I would end up on my bed, probably crying myself.. to sleep..
I had learned myself to not cry myself to sleep anymore..
Instead, I exhausted myself during the day that I fell asleep immediately as soon as my head landed on the pillow ..

But even though I was keeping myself busy, I could still feel the ring on my finger, her couple ring dangling against my chest around my neck..
I looked at my wardrobe, seeing the big box with all of her letters..
I had so much free time that I even.. cleaned the box and managed to get 2 more boxes.. I had Organized them.. Not to even mention counting them..

How many letters was it ?

39 408 letters ..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Changmin~

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I was walking towards the hospital, passing the garden I saw a bunch of kids out playing. Some of them in wheel chair, some of them having a stick going along with them with the drip bag hanging, connected to their body..

I saw people in my age who was disabled.. probably not being able to talk or.. not hearing..

But then I stopped when I saw a guy, a bit younger than me walking with a stick and sunglasses..

"He's blind" I thought to myself

THis place reminded me so much of Yumi and I instantly felt how heavy my heart became as I thought about her..
All of us had learned and gotten use to that she wasn't around us anymore but it was harder for Jaejoong since his love for her were still there..

I quickly gathered my senses and walked towards the hospital, trying to not think about her..
I went to the reception and the nurse looked up at me

"Uhm.. annyeong haseo. Choikang Changmin Imnida~~ I'm suppose to be here for an job interview..?" I asked

"Oh.. You're Changmin?" She asked a bit surprised

I noticed the nurses behind her looking at me as well. And for some reason they were all giggly and started to get girly and looked at me

I started to feel a bit embarrassed.. I knew that I was a kingka at school but I never thought I would be having a trouble with it outside school as well..

"THis way please" She said

We entered an office and she said that I could wait here until the job manager came. I sat down and waited and I looked at the walls..

There were signs, papers and big pictures of how you were suppose to read embossed printing. There were also eye pictures with all the nerves and parts of the eye ..
I started to feel even more uncomfortable cause I started to regret that I had even entered this room..
The room reminded me too much about Yumi and just knowing that I would be working with these kinds of stuff.. I started to feel bad for JaeJoong hyung... Not to mention what Yumi is going through at the moment..

I stood up and started to wander around as I looked at the different signs and papers.. I studied every picture and when i stopped in front of the sign with the embossed printing, I couldn't help but feel a bit amazed by it.. but at the same time.. feel sad ..

"You're Choikang Changmin?"

I spun around to see a doctor, smiling happily at me. She was pretty around in her 40s, very kind smile and eyes with glasses
On her name tag it said Dr. Kim YeJin

"Nae~~ annyeong haseo. choikang Changmin Imnida~~ Pan gap ssumneeda" i bowed

She greeted me warmly and told me to sit down

"So.. I understand that you're looking for a place to work this summer?"

I nodded

"Nae~~"

"Can I ask you.. why you chose this place?" She asked

I smiled awkwardly

"Actually.. I don't really think that I understand what I have gotten myself into. You see.. I was looking at the newspapers with my friends.. and.. he suggested that I should take it.."

"Then why did you listen to him?"

"I guess.. helping people.. is something everyone should do.."

She smiled at me

"Did you pass the garden where the kids were playing when you made your way up here?"

I nodded

"What did you feel?"

I heard the clock ticking as I was trying to recall my memories and feelings when I had passed the kids earlier..

"My eyes.. got locked on the boy.."

"What boy?" The doctor asked

"There was this boy.. he looked younger than me .. but he was blind.." I mumbled and looked up

She nodded

"We have many people with disabilities like blindness here.."

I stayed quiet

"That boy was 16 years old and he was born blind. He's still trying to adjust himself tot he blindness, trying to get through school and learn how to get independent without having help.."

"But isn't it hard for him"? I asked

She nodded

"Of course it is hard. We have had many cases where our patients gave up since they feel like they're not worthy of anything, falling into depression. They don't like being independent.."

I stayed quiet

"You see.. We have to change their opinion about the world. They are just human beings like us. Not monsters, or outsiders. They have an disease. An illness.. We have to change their opinions about the world being unfair to them.. We have to tell them over and over.. that they are equal human beings just like the rest of us.. IT's just that they need a little more help than others.."

"Oh.."

"They think that the world look at them as handicapped, people with limited abilities but the fact is.. they're just as normal as us.. just that they cannot see.. Or like the other patients we have.. they can't walk.. they can't talk.. some of them can't even move.. All they need is a chance"

I looked at her as I was listening to the doctor. I started to admire her for her opinion, her warmness and how kind she was towards her patients. IT was easy to notice that she absolutely loved her work..

"It's all about giving a chance and taking it" She smiled

"Then give me the chance"

"I'm sorry?"

"I want to work here.. I want to help them.."

She smiled

"If I can help them.. to change their lives somehow, I'd be glad to do it.."

She smiled at me

"So.. when do you wanna start?"