Face it

Why did it have to be you?
You continued to speed down the highway, slowly wiping your tears away. "WHY THE DID I DO THIS ?? I KNEW I SHOULDN'T HAVE ING AGREED TO THIS . ." You screamed, still crying, speeding up, and slamming your fist on the steering wheel. You swerved past numerous cars, making your way to the agency. Once you pulled into agency territory, you turned off your car, then stepped out, closing the door. You took a minute to regain your composure. You fixed your hair, and wiped the remaining tears off of your face. You slowly walked up to the hidden entrance, looking down at your hand, glancing at the promise ring. You took a deep breath and kneeled down, taking the ring off of your finger, placing it at your feet , before proceeding to walk in. You opened the passage, making your way inside. You stepped through the various security blockades, and made your way to the mission completion panel. You slowly walked to the center of the large white tile room, lights illuminating your passage way as you walked through the dark room. You stopped once you got directly in the center. The floor lights made a lit up ring around your body. "Tasha, welcome" a voice said. You looked up and saw the agency commander standing behind the railing overhead. You kept eye contact with him as he continued talking. "I'm sure you've succeeded in your mission, correct?" Your commander said, looking down at you. "No sir" you said, staring right back at your commander. Your commander looked at you, then let out a dark chuckle. "I can't ing do this anymore" you said, balling up your fists. "I got so caught up in the mission.....that I actually started to believe I lived that lie" you said, slightly looking away. "This is unlike you" your commander said, walking closer to the railing. "I know it's been years, and that I was one of your most trusted assassins, but since I couldn't carry out my mission, I guess it ends here." You said, getting ready to accept your punishment. "You were one of the best, I'm sorry it has to end this way" your commander said, as he took a hand gun from his pocket, then aimed it at you. "At least I got to experience the feeling of truly being loved" you thought to yourself, preparing for your punishment. Thinking about your past times with Bang, you closed your eyes, then a slight smile formed on your face. All you heard was a gun shot, and metal hitting the floor, soon fading into immediate silence.