Seeing Off

The Bodyguard

 

“Yah! Why are we eating Chinese food again? I thought you said he was a cook.” Naeun was pointing Kris who was eating his dinner. He really didn’t care. He even didn’t look at Naeun.

 

Mr. Lee laughed. “I said he cooks well, he’s not a cook. And he’s tired. He came here from China.”

 

Naeun blinked. “C.china?” Mr.Lee nodded. “Yes, his parents were Chinese. You shouldn’t be shocked this much.”

 

Naeun sighed loudly. “Ugh! Whatever…” She sat down and started to eat her food.

 

“You two must get along. I’m leaving tomorrow and Monday you’ll go to school.”

 

Naeun almost screamed. “What!! Tomorrow? And what again! Will he come too?”

 

Mr. Lee nodded. Kris was still eating his food.

 

Naeun sighed. Dad’s leaving again…

 

 

----The next day at airport------

 

“Why are you here? You could stay at home, you know….”

Kris didn’t look at Naeun but replied. “I wanted to say goodbye.” His voice was harsh. He seemed really upset. But why…

 

She hugged her father tightly. “Don’t forget calling and writing and sending gifts, photos, cards dad….” Mr. Lee laughed. A dry laugh… After that he looked at Kris and patted his shoulder. “Kris…I trust you. Protect my little princess, okay?” Kris nodded seriously.

 

“Dad~~” Naeun whined but she was looking at Kris. He is like a soldier…

 

Mr. Lee left and Naeun felt empty. She was standing there and she was all alone again. Just…herself like always. Her eyes were getting teary then she heard a voice.

 

“You coming or not…”

 

Oh, right! I’m not alone. This time there is Kris too

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

Their taxi trip was silent. Kris wasn’t a talkative guy anyway. Naeun was thinking her dad. Then she realized and gasped. “Omo! I don’t know where my dad goes”

 

Kris replied her without looking at her. “North Korea.” 

Naeun gulped. ‘My dad is an architect and a good one. Of course he goes everywhere’ she thought but couldn’t help worrying.

 

When they arrived it was like 6p.m. “Are you hungry?” Kris asked.

 

Naeun blinked happily. “Why? Will you cook?”

Kris sighed. “If I have to”

 

Naeun nodded rapidly. Yeah, yeah, I’m hungry!! “Yes, a little bit.”

 

Kris went to the kitchen and Naeun followed him. When he started to cut ‘things’ Naeun started to talk.

 

“How did you learn it anyway? Who did teach you cooking?”  She was talking and talking.

 

Kris distracted and cut his hand. Naeun stopped talking when she heard an “Oww…” voice came from Kris.

 

Kris was murmuring angrily and Naeun felt bed for him. She went and wanted to look his hand. It was bleeding. There was blood. Oh,no… And everything went darker for Naeun.

 

 

A.N// Ugh..I'm tired and hungry but whatever.....

I hope you like it^^

don't forget subscribe and comment

Have a nice day

Allons-y^^