New Housemate

The Bodyguard

 

“Welcome home, dad!” Naeun cheered her dad while she was still sitting couch with her laptop.

 

Her father was talking to someone. Naeun thought that he was talking with the phone and didn’t care.

 

She stood up and went to the kitchen to see her father. Middle-aged man was talking with…a boy. Naeun raised an eyebrow.

 

“Hi, dad…” she said slowly. Her father saw her and a smile appeared on his face suddenly. “Hi, princess.”

 

Naeun pouted. She hated that nickname but now she had a serious problem. “Dad… um..Who is this guy?” she asked with a doubt.

 

Mr. Lee smiled. “This is Kris. Kris this is my little princess Naeun. I had mentioned before.”

 

Kris smirked and nodded. “Hi, little princess Naeun” His voice and face were emotionless but it was obvious that he was having fun.

 

Naeun pouted again. “Dad! Stop… But, Why is he here?”

 

Mr.Lee looked uncomfortable. “Um..We should talk Naeun.”

 

Naeun’s eyes were bigger now. She gulped. “We…should? But I didn’t do anything wrong. My grades are… well my grades are bad like always but…. I didn’t do something wrong!...yet”

 

Kris was really having fun and Naeun didn’t like it.

 

“O.okay honey. It’s not your fault. We…just must talk because of my job.” Naeun felt relieved. “Oh, okay then.”

 

Mr. Lee turned to Kris. “Kris, can you leave us alone for a minute please?” Kris nodded and added “Of course Mr. Lee-shi” He bowed and left the kitchen.

 

Naeun was watching carefully. “You won’t force me for an arrange marriage right daddy? You wouldn’t do that to your little princess. (Well, desperate moments need hateful things) Especially with that monster, right?”

 

Mr. Lee started to laugh. He shook his head slowly. “Of course not baby. It’s just… You know I’m really busy, right?” Naeun slowly nodded.

 

“I have to go a business trip and I asked Kris to take care of you. He is going to be..” Naeun cut his father’s words.

 

“But you always go trips like this. What is different now? Beside do you really want it? I mean I’ll stay here with a completely stranger. Dad, are you okay? Have you fever or something? I don’t want this tall guy. I’m used to staying by myself anyway and I prefer being alone to staying with him”

 

Mr. Lee sighed. “He… he will take care of you.”

 

“No,dad! I don’t wanna. Don’t go then. What if…what if he me or something?”

 

Mr. Lee started to laugh again. “Well, Naeun… Kris is a good guy and now… I started to worry about him. What will you do to him? Oh, God….”

 

Naeun took a deep breath. “But… How could you know that he is a good guy? Is he your secret love child or something? I’ve never heard of him from you.” She was desperate. She really didn’t want to live with this guy. The face guy

 

Mr. Lee blinked severally. “Secret love..what! Naeun, where do you learn things something like that? Omo, these days’ young people have no manner. Things on TV… It’s just…so wrong” Her father started to murmur.

 

He sighed. “Naeun, please don’t make me sad. He’ll stay here. The end of the story. Besides he can cook, you know.” He winked.

 

Naeun froze. “He…can…cook?” she said with unbelief. Mr. Lee nodded. “Yes! He cooks very well. And both of us know that you can’t reject it.” Why didn’t I think it before?

 

Naeun gulped. ‘He can cook! I can eat homemade things! Yaay!!! I’ve never eaten homemade dinner! I’m so lucky, yay!’ she thought. Then she cleaned . “I..I’ll think that offer father.”

 

A.N// well, I hope you like it^^ you can pm me my mistakes so I can learn^^

thanks for your time, have a nice day~~~~