Waking Up

The Bodyguard

 

 It had been 2 hours. Naeun started to cry 2 hours ago. Kris didn’t believe it. It felt like a year or ten years but not 2 hours.

 

He was hugging her and he had no idea since when. Then Naeun started to sleep between her sobs. Kris relieved. Sleeping Naeun was safer than crying Naeun. She wasn’t asking questions first of all.

 

He sat just there Naeun was in his arms. “Sorry Naeun-sshi. I’m sorry I didn’t protect your father…” He murmured slowly. Then a tear, an only one appeared in his eyes. It had been a long time since his last tears.

 

He sighed and kissed Naeun’s forehead. “But…It won’t happen again. I’ll protect you. I’m responsible you from now on. I’m your…secret bodyguard.” 

 (A.N= I used my story title finally!!)

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

It was a Sunday morning. Birds were chirping happily, the sun was rising, life was moving on.

 

Kris sighed. He was sitting beside of Naeun’s bed. Naeun was still sleeping of course.

 

Kris messed his hair up. What should I do? Making breakfast doesn’t sound right…

 

Then Naeun opened her eyes slowly. Kris took his breath without realizing.

 

Naeun stood up and looked at Kris. “You’re…here” She said like it was the weirdest thing in the world.

 

Kris nodded uncomfortably. “I can leave…If you want.” It was the first time that he was being that nice.

 

Naeun shook her head. “I’m alone enough. I just…want to know what happened. Don’t lie to me because I know you knew everything.”

 

Kris gulped. “Mr. Lee’s funeral…It’ll come next week. They want to do an autopsy first.”

 

Naeun looked blank. “Just…Tell me what the happened!”

 

Kris looked away. “Maybe later…”

 

Naeun glared at him. “You know you’re such a douche bag. I hate you! Before your existence we were happy. Now you came and my appa left. I prefer him, not you!” she shouted at him like there was no tomorrow.

 

Kris didn’t say anything. He kept his silence, which was making Naeun angrier.

“My dad knew too. That’s why he brought you here. What are you? My guardian or something?”

 

Kris was like getting smaller and smaller every second. When Naeun finally finished she took a deep breath.

 

“Who are you?”

 

Kris was staring at the floor. “Just tell me who you are.” Naeun was feeling desperate. She was with a completely stranger. She just realized that.

 

“Fine, don’t!” She sat down and waited. Both of them were silent now.

 

Kris was feeling guilty. Naeun was right. She deserves to know…

 

“I didn’t lie to you.”    

 

Naeun stared at him. Her eyes widened. “What the hell does it mean?”

 

“Mr. Lee knew my family. They died on a mission and I grew up in an orphanage. But…It wasn’t a…normal one. I’ve been trained for years.”

 

Naeun was dumbfounded. I’m not in a movie…I’m not… I won’t be happy at the end because my father died and he can never be back.

 

“For what?” She asked.

 

Kris sighed. “I’m…more like a soldier or bodyguard or if you want to say it, a guardian.”

 

Naeun’s eyes get teary. “My father is an architect.”

 

Kris nodded. “Yes, that is his cover. He is an agent for The Government.”

 

Naeun shook her head. “No! It doesn’t make any sense. He is an old and pure and cheerful and warm hearted person. He can’t! Besides if he works…I mean worked for government…Then what about you and your parents? You’re not even Korean for God’s sake!”

 

Naeun felt dizzy. Her migraine started and she wanted to sleep and not to wake up again.

 

“It’s really long story. You should take a rest. Everything will be alright. I…will be here.”

 

Naeun’s tears started to fall slowly. “Are you sure? My dad said this to me severally too… and you know how it ended.”

 

Kris smiled and Naeun couldn’t help feeling stoned. “Don’t forget that’s my job.”

 

Naeun took a deep breath and tried to smile too. She failed. Yeah, how miserable I am… Now he can smile and I can’t….But he smiles really warm though…

 

“Then go make me breakfast.”

 

Kris relieved. “So, you’re gonna eat something?”

 

Naeun rolled her eyes playfully. “No, it’s fun to watch you cooking.”

 

Kris sighed and left the room while saying “Then be quick and come downstairs, little princess.”

 

Naeun burst into tears again but luckily Kris didn’t hear that. Thank God…

 

A.N// okay, it won't be an angst. I don't like even reading them I like comedy:P But I have to do it

I hope you like it^^ I will update a chapter again but, well, at night^^

Don't forget to comment, subscribe and upvote please~~ ^_^

Thanks for your time, you can always pm me my mistakes ^^

Have a nice day~~~~