Chapter 7 : Thank you

Twist of Fate

 

Kwan Ahk Goo Chung Ryong Dong Kangnam Choice Hospital

 

Kim Jong Myung who just come back from sending his parent, run into one beautiful woman who just ran away with the sad and teary face while he is in the way to his brother’s room.  He can’t see the woman face clearly as the woman bent down her face and her hand keep wipes her eyes. Curious come in his face as the woman figure look familiar to him.  ‘Oh, this is Hospital, anything bad can happen’ speak him in mind; actually almost everyday he face the same situation since he is the surgeon himself.  Arrived at his brother’s room, he notices one bouquet of flower drop in front of the door. He picks it up with the puzzle face and enters the room.

 

“Anae, anyone had comes visit Jong Kook?” ask him to his wife who are seating beside Jong Kook. “No one, I just all alone here, why?” reply her. “No, I just found this bouquet in front of his door, wonder who had drop it there, wait there a card in here but the sender didn’t put name here”

 

TO : KIM JONG KOOK-SHI

I’m really sorry to hear you illness. Thinking of you during this time and always and hope your recovery is a speedy one. Get well soon. I’ll always pray for you.

 

After reading the card, in sudden both husband and wife look at Jong Kook who is sleeping in his bed. His almost 6 hour surgery was successful and Jong Kook also has been awake from the collapses after the operation and he is in the good condition. But the man who was in his sleep due to the drug effect in his body is like having a night mare now. The couple can sense the sweat appears in Jong Kook’s forehead and his mouth bubbling something that can’t be captured in their ears. Worried come to their face.

 

Jong Kook who is in his sleep has a dream of this woman. A tear come down from her sad face. Jong Kook run to her, want to hold her and push away her sadness but the more he ran towards her, she become far away from him.”Nooo… Don’t go…Don’t go. Wait!! “  Jong Kook feels exhausted in his running but the woman sorrow face and her crying keep capturing in his eyes. He wants to run again to catch her, but suddenly he can’t feel the motion in his leg. He fell down in his place and he wants to screams to her name but he feels sore in his throat. “Ji…H..yo..shi, J..i..Hy..o…sh..i” hardly he voice out her name as long as he see her being varnish slowly in front his eyes.

 

After his brother calling, the doctor come and examines Jong Kook condition.  “Don’t worry, it just a normal side effect after surgery, I think before surgery he didn’t calm down and his mind keep wondering something. I already give him a shot to calm him down. Just leave him for a rest”

 

*****************

 

August 30, 2010

Jong Kook was in the car heading towards running man film location and sitting beside him, his manager who is driving. The car feel so silent, just the sound of the radio accompanied them along their journey. No word comes from this two man mouth. Jong Kook just sits blankly and enjoyed the view of the beautiful scenery in front of him, his heart feel gloomy. Gap Jin can see the gloomy in Jong Kook face, but he pretends he didn’t and let Jong Kook be in his own world.  ‘He need a rest, he just discharge from Hospital this morning’.

“Thanks for accompany me, sorry if I’m bothering you” blunt Jong Kook suddenly. Jong Kook can feel the silent in the car lead to conversation; he can feel the awkwardness of the silent. He feels guilty since his stubbornness has dragged his manager along. “Yah Jong Kook, don’t biggie.  I know you must have your own reason for that and now just take a rest, don’t bother about me. Anyway that my job”

“Gomawo Gap Jin, Gomawo ”, and then the silent happen again.

 

**Flashback**

 

The Doctor just came out from Jong Kook’s room after finished his check-up.  His condition is stabilized but the doctor ordered him to take a rest at least a month. Heard that, Jong Kook feeled uneasy in his heart, taking a rest mean to temporarily stop him from doing his activity and to stop him from filmed Running Man. It also means he can’t see the woman face for a month after him had his dream about her. Jong Kook feels he can die with curiousness, Ji Hyo cry face keep captured in his eyes.

His entertainment company had made a decision to follows the Doctor advice due to his condition. Jong Kook didn’t know what to do, he kept begged from them to let him do his activity but they won’t budge from their decision. He lost his idea, he felt angry and yet he felt sad.

Jong Kook’s mother who can saw the sadness in her younger son eye felt pity to him. As a mother she wanted her son to take a rest and be healthy but she also wanted to see a smile in his face. His son happiness is her happiness, there also his sadness.

As usual, both Jong Kook’s managers visited him at the Hospital. As his manager it is been their responsibility to always follow up the singer condition. Saw his managers face, without hesitate Jong Kook begged again to them, he also won’t move from his decision.

“Gap Jin, Hyun Min Hyung, please please let me do my activity. I won’t ask much; just filming Running Man is enough for me. The show still early now and the rating not quite good I’m afraid I can’t filming it anymore when I return. Please hyung please”

“No Jong Kook-ah, we already make a decision. You just take a rest, it just temporary” Son Hyung Min answer won’t budge from the company decision.

Heard the reaction, Jong Kook went down from his bed, weared his slipper and went toward both his manager. In sudden, with grasped hand he bowed to both of them, lowered his dignity. He can felt the pain in his back but he just endured it, he won’t stired until they agreed.

“Jong Kook stop it, it will hurt your back. Please stand back” Kim Gap Jin replied in guilty while holding Jong Kook arm asked the muscular man to stand up. “Please hyung please, I’m begging you”.

Saw her son, Jong Kook’s mother felt sad and tear flow from her eyes.  She rushed to Jong Kook, grabed her son body and followed his younger son step she bowed to them. “Hyung Min-shi, Gap Jin-shi please, just agreed with his decision. Don’t you feel pity for him?”

Jong Kook who was shocked with his mother sudden action, grabed his mother back “Eomeoni, please stand up, don’t do this” he cried while huged his mother body. “Hyung, if you don’t feel pity for me, just feel pity to my mom, please hyung please. Gap Jin please”

Son Hyung Min and Kim Gap Jin astonished saw the scene in front their eyes. They felt guilty saw the cried face of this mother and son but it is the company decision. They felt reluctanted, the decision are in their hand now.  “Ajumma, please stand up. We will let him done his activity. Jong Kook-ah you must be thankful to your mother. Okay, we agree but only for Running Man and now just stand up and go back to your bed. I will talk with our company later” Son Hyung Min final decision word shocked Jong Kook in his own world; he can’t believe what he had heard. He felt happy but he more thankful for his mother. He tighten his hug toward his mother; “Gomawo Eomeoni, gomawo. Mianhe” he repeated the words and burst his cry in her shoulder.

“Enough Jong Kook, please stand up. Ajumma also please stand up” Gap Jin grab to both mother and son and help them to stand back to their place. Then he and Jong Kook’s mother help him lying back to his bed. “Just take a rest okay, don’t think anything”

“Ok, I already call our company; they agree but Gap Jin will accompany you to the filming tomorrow”

“It’s okay, I can take care of myself, you just need to send and take me back like always” Jong Kook replied felt guilty to his manager. Running Man filming usually take a long hours, by dragged his manager along, Jong Kook afraid it will bother Gap Jin must.

“No Jong Kook we will not let you be there alone with your current condition. You just have your surgery last Friday and tomorrow you’ll go working again. I know you are strong, but please don’t hinder it by yourself. Please let the other also helping you, you know how much you’re so precious to us?. I’ll be there to monitor your condition, just promise me that don’t put much pressure to the filming tomorrow. If you feel tired just rest and if you feel sick let me know”

“Arasso” Jong Kook nodded in compulsion agreed with his manager.

 

**end of Flashback**

 

p/s : Sorry for my late update, I just came back from hometown. Anyone miss me hehe ^^