Chapter 23: Forbidden Game

Twist of Fate

November 2011

C-JES Entertainment

 

Baek Chang Joo in his office when he hears the knock on the door “Come in”.

The doorknob being pull and one beautiful woman enters the room. “Mr. Baek, are you calling me?” Hearing the voice, Chang Joo raise his head and smile to the woman before he said “Oh Song Ji Hyo-shi, yes please have a sit”

Ji Hyo then sits at the crouch located in the middle of the luxury room. “It’s Coffee okay for you?” Chang Joo said and received a nod by her. Then, the man presses the button on the phone and speaks to his secretary “Bring me two coffees please”

“You must be curious why I’m calling you here alone, right Song Ji Hyo-shi” said Chang Joo and open the drawer on his desk before walks and sit on the crounch in front of Ji Hyo. “Even your manager didn’t been here” he added. Ji Hyo just smile and nod agree with his word. Not soon after, the door being knocks from outside and his secretary enter after Chang Joo gives his permission. After she set up the meal on the table, with a little bowing she exit the room leave Ji Hyo and Chang Joo.

“It’s regarding your problem before, remember the one you told me during the celebration party” he said again after drink his coffee. Ji Hyo just crinkle her forhead, wonder about the men word but she just keep silent want to hear more from the CEO. “Is he still keeps bugging you?” Ji Hyo just nods her head. Then the men pick the file beside him, put on the table and push it toward Ji Hyo. “I’ve a solution for your problem, read it and think about it first”

In curious Ji Hyo pick the file and read the paper inside. After read all the content she raises her head and look at Chang Joo with a question in her face. “You mean by doing this it can stop Kang Gary from bugging me, but what about the fans didn’t they will be frustrated” Ji Hyo asking the men. “Yeah, maybe they will be frustrated but I think it’s only for a short time. I think the most important is yourself not others”. Hear that Ji Hyo shake her head and reply “I cannot accept this, it does will be complicated” and put the file on the table. “I think it’s not complicated for a great actress like you”

“I think our meeting is over, may I leave now?” Ji Hyo grabs her handbag about to leave. “Yes, you may, and before that Song Ji Hyo-shi I think you left something” Chang Joo answers and pointed his finger to the file. “Just think it first, and reply to me in a week”

With a smirk in her face, Ji Hyo leaves the room and rushly go to her car. “What he thinks about me, I’m not that cheap?”

 

Three days after, Ji Hyo in her fast walk rushly to Chang Joo office with the file in her hand. “Is Mr. Baek there?” she asks the secretary. “Ye, jamkkanman” and the secretary press the phone in front her and not soon after she reply “Song Ji Hyo-shi you may come inside”

“Wah, I didn’t expect you will be this fast. Can’t wait to do your job huh” the CEO said once she enters his office. “Mr. Baek, I cannot accept this. I’m refuses to do this” Ji Hyo put the file on his office desk but Chang Joo only claps his hand before said “As I expected from a person like you. But don’t you think the consiquences you may received by doing this. Kang Gary will always disturb you and also your career”

“My career, what are you talking about?” Ji Hyo asks in curiosity. “Yeah, your careers, by not accepting this offer, its mean your career will also be doom Song Ji Hyo-shi. Didn’t you read the content carefully” Be in her question Ji Hyo grab back the file and read the content inside. “It’s not stated in here”

“Hahaha, I didn’t expect the Running Man ace will be this stupid to understand the contents. See paragraph four, “CJES Entertainment will do fully advertise toward Party 2 in any kind of entertainment area with at least 5 Mega Project in a year and vice versea” he loud his voice when he say ‘Vice Versea’. Understand what he being said Ji Hyo glares at Chang Joo. “Hahaha Song Ji Hyo-shi, this is entertainment world and I’m the King in here, I’ll do whatever its takes to achieve my goal”

“Including harassing me? If it already stated like this why need you ask me to think. All the consequences will be bare by me alone!” Ji Hyo can’t control her emotion anymore, she really piss of with the man in front her. “You can say anything or you may leave this company if you don’t like but you know the consequence you may receive right? Legally you have sign with our company” a small laugh comes to his mouth after he said that. “I think our meeting is over, you may leave now. Oh yeah please think about this. I wait for your answer in 4 days.”

Offended and rage in her eyes, Ji Hyo give a glare to Chang Joo before she grab her handbag and the file then leave the room. From outside she can hear the long laugh by the man.

“Hahahahaha, Song Ji Hyo-shi. You will get into my hand later”

 

*******

 

Four days has come, Chang Joo was in his room sitting silently doing nothing. ‘Song Ji Hyo-shi, I know you must come’. To his secretary, Chang Joo has already leaves the message to let Song Ji Hyo in if she comes.

It’s almost 7 p.m, but there no sign of Song Ji Hyo will be appear, feeling tired Chang Joo stand up from his place about to leave when some knock on the door appear. ‘It Song Ji Hyo-shi’ mumble him in his mind and look at his appearance before he give permission to the person to enter. “Mr. Baek, I’m leaving now” his secretary face appears at the door make him frustrated. He just nods and smile in reply.

But 5 minutes later, one knock appear again in his door. Feeling annoyed and thinking it his secretary again, Chang Joo walks to the door “What it is again?” but to his surprise Ji Hyo was there in front of the door. “Oh, Song Ji Hyo-shi, I tought you forgot. Come in. So what your answer”

“Okay, I accept it but with two more condition. First both parties cannot interfere with the other parties private and personal matter” Ji Hyo explain before being cut by Chang Joo “Oh, mine your own business, I like that. Second?”

“No skinship or any mutual contact between both party” Ji Hyo said her second condition but only received a shake by Chang Joo. “I don’t accept this, don’t it will look awkward”

“Arasso, how about add except in any other circumstances” Ji Hyo glare to Chang Joo face too know his exceptance. “Okay. Lets me re-write it back and then both of us sign together” Chang Joo then go to his desk and edit the content, print it out before he walks to Ji Hyo. “Please check it first, if you agree we shall proceed now”

Pick the piece of paper, Ji Hyo read the content inside. Then, she nod before put her sign there, Chang Joo also do the same after her. “Okay, Song Ji Hyo-shi, lets cooperate together” Chang Joo held his hand for a handshake and Ji Hyo grab his hand in return. “This is your copy and the original will be keeps by me in this safety box” Chang Joo said before he open the box and put the file there.

Ji Hyo walks back to her car with a burden feeling in her heart. She want to cry when she sign the document but she keep holding her tear, she didn’t want to look as low in front of Chang Joo. It’s her own decision eventhough she is force to do that.

Sitting in her car sit, she looks at the piece of paper in her hand with her signature and Chang Joo. Drops of tear appear on the sheet when she read it.

 

This agreement by and between Baek Chang Joo (party 1) and Song Ji Hyo (party 2) is effective as at 30 November 2011

  1. Both parties are a couple for public purposes only.
  2. Both parties must act accordingly in front of public.
  3. Outside the public, both parties are only a CEO and artist relationship. Any business arrangement must be done in business manner.
  4. CJES Entertainment will do fully advertise towards Party 2 in any kind of entertainment area with at least 5 Mega Project in a year and vice versa.
  5. Both parties cannot interfere with the other party private and personal matter.
  6. No skinship or mutual contact between both parties except in any other circumstances.
  7. Both parties has the authority to cancel the agreement but with the concern of both parties.
  8. Both parties cannot reveal this agreement to others in any form.
  9. This agreement will be void only if the original agreement is ruin.

 

p/s : Since the short story from previous chapter, so double update tonight ^^