Chapter 38 : In front of that House

Twist of Fate

April 25, 2013

 

“Seing il chook ha hamnida, Seing il chook ha hamnida, Sarang ha nuen Kookie Hyungnim, Seing il chook ha hamnida” Jong Kook hear the song with the cute voice from his smartphone once he play the video that he received. All he can see only the white teddy bear who is dancing along with the song. He giggle a bit in seeing the cute gesture of the toy, ‘You really know how to make me laugh’.

Then his mobile ringing again “Jagiya, happy birthday. Did you see the video?” the caller speaks once he answers the video call. “Baby, ne. Isn’t it the teddy that I give you?” and she answer with a nod and shows the teddy again to him “Annyong Kookie Hyung nim, my name is Kookie too” she say in her cute voice again and Jong Kook wave back to the teddy play along with her.

Put away the teddy on her bed, Ji Hyo then show one cup cake to him with a candle on top. “Jagiya, since I know you didn’t eat cake I’ll eat it for you. Before I blow this candle for you, please make your wishes” then Jong Kook closed his eyes and make his wishes in his heart before he make a gesture like blowing the candle. “But Ji Hyo-yah why the candle only one? I’m 38 years old this year” he ask but only received a chuckle by her before she answer “It’s because this is the first time we celebrate it together as a couple, boyfriend. But what did you wishes for?”

“Em, I wish to marry you and then we have a dozen of children – eleven boys and one girl” he said and received a shock by Ji Hyo “Who want to marry you? A dozen children, did you think I’m a factory of producing child?” she rebuke back to him and received a chuckle by this man. “Oh you don’t want to marry me but you want to have a child with me. So when will we start?” he again and received a blush from Ji Hyo ashamed with her own statement. “But Oppa, why eleven boys and only one girl?”

“Because the boys can protect his mum and sister, while a girl can always accompany her mum, beside with the boy I can produce a team of soccer” Ji Hyo shake her head after hearing his explanation. “You with the freak obsess to soccer. No I want to produce a theater”

“Soccer” “Theater” both of them keeps arguing among them. “Okay, okay they will acting while playing soccer” Jong Kook said which give a laugh to both of them.

“Baby, did you have any schedule tomorrow evening?” he asks and received a shake by the woman since it already her intention to free herself on his birthday. “Since you’re free, can you attend my birthday party? I’ll pick you up at your office tomorrow” and without further question and hesitate she agree with his request. “But Ji Hyo-yah where is my sonmul?” “Your sonmul? Here… Muah”

 

********

 

Wearing a red dress, Ji Hyo walks outside and waits for her driver and she can’t wait for the evening to come to meet her boyfriend and celebrating his birthday together. She looks elegant and pretty even though with her simple dress, her natural beauty is acknowledgeable. Just as her driver arrives rashly she ask him to take her to the saloon for her makeup, she must looks beautiful for her boyfriend. In the drive to the saloon, her mind keep thinking what will they doing today, in her delusional mind she imagine they will have a beautiful night together, having a candle light dinner, dancing together along with the beautiful and romantic song, hugging and kiss each other just like in the drama and she feels blush when thinking of it.

As their promises, Jong Kook arrives at her office exactly at 5.00 pm and he quite surprise to see how Ji Hyo dress today. It really rare to see her dressing like that but he loves it and he didn’t expect he can see it during his birthday. As she enter his car, as always they will hug and share a simple kiss together before he continue to drive his car towards the location while Ji Hyo stare at him with her clueless expression. “Ji Hyo-yah, why are you looking at me like that? Are you really miss me that much or is there anything on my face?” he ask when noticed the looks she give to him while his hand keep playing in his face but the woman just remain numb like having her dreamland. “Ji Hyo-yah? Baby?” only his pinch on her cheeks make her realize to the reality.

“Jagiya, why are you wearing like this?” the first word come out from once she awake from her dreamland starlet him a bit in hearing the question and in the blink he look through his cloth but he founds nothing wrong with it. “What wrong Ji Hyo-yah, this is what I always wear” but only the silent he received from her while her eyes keep looking to his attire from up to bottom just like she bare him in her eyes. “Why you didn’t wear… ah never mind” she wanted to continue her speaks when some thinking come in her mind ‘maybe I’m just too delusional’ a disappointed can be seen from her gesture when seeing the man just wearing his casual t-shirt with his short pant.

“Oppa, where are you taking me?” she asks when she can see unfamiliar surrounding and arrives at the apartment area; she keep wondering and her face look through outside to read any signboard. “Anyang?” she surprise a bit in what her read and quite confuse when suddenly the car enter an elite apartment. When the man exit his car, she just remain silent in her sit didn’t budge to exit even though her boyfriend keep asking her. “Jagiya, didn’t this is your home?” nerve already can be seen from her mind, she didn’t expect that he will bring her to meet his family and she not yet prepared for it. ‘Oh my, what I should do. What if they don’t like me?’ her mind keeps questioning.

Noticed the nerve that arrives in her, Jong Kook then give her a hug and kiss her forehead to ease the burden she facing now. He knows he is in fault in make her like that but he didn’t expect she will become this tense. “Baby, mianhe I didn’t tell you earlier, don’t worry they already know about us and they will like you” His word make her calm a bit and then with the long breath she get out from the car and walk together with their interlock hand but her nerve back again once they arrives in front of the house door, she can feel her heart throbbing and the sweating can be feels on her palm. “Baby just be calm okay, my family won’t bite you beside I’m always there for you” he say when he can feel the cold in her hand. “Are you alright, if you can’t we can go back now” sympathize comes to him when seeing his girlfriend like this ‘maybe it’s not the time yet’ but he received a shake from her. “I’m okay Oppa, don’t worry” her strong will really give an impress to him, he then give his light kiss on her lip and then ring the bell.

Ding Dong…Ding Dong….

Creak….

 

******

 

Creak…. The sound of door being open by someone from the inside can be heard.

Dub…Dub…Dub…Dub…. she can hear her heart drive crazily right now and she tighten her hold to Jong Kook’s hand. The familiar man appear infront the door house “Oh Jong Kook-ah you already back” and he give a slightly nod to Ji Hyo. “Anae… Eomeoni look who has come” suddenly the man shouts after both of them enter the house which make Ji Hyo feels numb, she even didn’t know how to describe her heartbeat now until in reflect she sit and bow to the olders once they enters the living room.

“Song Ji Hyo-shi please stand, wah what a pretty face you have. That why my son had fall in love with you” the old woman speak give a surprise to her. “Eomeoni, it not just because of her face” Jong Kook reprove back his mom statement with a soft voice. “I know, I know she also has a good heart right just like my adeul. Come Ji Hyo-shi sit down” the old woman continues her talks and offers a sit to her and Lee Min Hee serve a meal on the coffee table.

“Eomeoni, where is Abeoji?” Jong Kook asks when he can’t see his father where about. “Oh, he is taking Keun Young to the playground” the mother reply and then give her sweet smile to Ji Hyo and held her hand “Ji Hyo-shi, just wait here and have your meal. Sorry we can accompany you since a lot of things need to be do” Then the mother with her oldest son and daughter in law walks to the kitchen and leave the couple in the living room.

“Ji Hyo-yah, I want to go inside and taking my shower. You just wait here, is it okay for you to be alone?” the man asks permission before he walks towards his room after received an approval from his girlfriend. Sitting alone in the living room, Ji Hyo’s eyes screening the house until her eyes drop to the trophies in the living room located on the TV Cabinet in front the coffee table. Feel excited she walks to there and seeing a lot of trophies belongs to her boyfriend from his childhood until now that come from various field especially in sport, martial art and entertainment. Besides that, they also the picture of him and his family having a warmly smile on their face and a smile appears in her seeing how happy this family be ‘How I wish I can be among this family and taking a photo together but did they really like me?’. Feel bored and lonely she then exit the living room.