Chapter 37: One Man

Twist of Fate

Incheon Airport

March 16, 2013

 

Jong Kook arrives at Korea after half a day flight from Los Angeles. Arrives at the airport his manager Gap Jin is there to fetch him, he feel really tired with the long journey. Enter the MPV car, Jong Kook want to sit at the passenger sit when Gap Jin asks him to sit behind. “Jong Kook, it better if you sit behind, you must be tired. It’s more comfortable there”

Don’t ask much he sits at the back sit when suddenly he feels someone hand closed his eyes. Know the person with the fragrance; with a wide smile Jong Kook hold the hand. “Baby?” in curious he said and his head turn to back where he can see Ji Hyo sitting there. “Jagiya, welcome back. I miss you” she said and gives a small touch on his lip before she change her sit and sit beside him. “Don’t you miss me?” she ask while hug her boyfriend.

Still in his blank mind in seeing his girlfriend there, Jong Kook returns back her hug tightly. “For sure I miss you baby” then he loosen his grip and kiss her on her forehead before continue to her eyes, nose, cheeks and lip. With the closed eyes, both of them wants to get closed again “Ehemm, you lovebird what are you doing there?” Kim Gap Jin voice suddenly appears that make them blush and stop their action. “Hahaha sorry if I interrupt you two”

Still with Ji Hyo cling to him with her head lean to his shoulder, Jong Kook place his arm on her waist while his other hand play with her hair. “Darling, how can you be here?” he ask while inhale his breath at her hair, he really love the smell of her shampoo. “Hehe are you surprise? I ask Gap Jin Oppa to fetch me before. I miss you like crazy; don’t you like me to be here?”

“Aish, how come I don’t like it… I’m really really happy to see you baby” he pinchs her cheeks and receive a giggle by his girlfriend. “Oppa, now all the members already know our relationship. Mianhe I’ve to told them without your concern” she say her sorry word, hold and kiss his hand. “Gwenchana. But, that mean Gary also had know it. How his reaction Ji Hyo-yah” worried come to his mind when thinking about Gary. “Yeah Oppa, he quite angry and I think after he known the truth he didn’t contact me anymore. I’m worried Oppa, how will our relationship be with him?” a sullen face can be seen from her. “Don’t worry Ji Hyo-yah, I will try to talks with him later” he said even though some worried still exist in him. “But what about the PD, does they also know well you know about Jae Suk Hyung?” Ji Hyo giggle a bit before she continue “Nae Oppa, as your predict since the talkative Oppa already know it. Actually I’ve already received a call from Jo PD earlier but I told them not to worry since we still decided not to disclose it to the public yet, we will act as professional” Jong Kook sigh a bit after hearing her word, he feel relieve that their relationship didn’t give burden to the filming since they always struggle with rating and rival. 

“Jagiya, how your holiday there? You must be tired let me massage you” she say and hold to his arm try to massage him but only received a chuckle by her boyfriend. He then hold to her hand “It’s fun in there as I can see my friends but it’s not fun like here when I can see you and the journey is tired but I’m okay now since I already have my vitamin” he whisper the word in her ear afraid Gap Jin might hear it and then in sudden he give a light kiss on her lip which makes Ji Hyo blush with his romantic act.

Both of them separated only after Ji Hyo arrives at her office. Even though it is still hard to leave each other but they need to since Ji Hyo has her shooting schedule on evening. Understand with the current situation, Gap Jin exit the car and leave both of them inside the car “I’ll wait outside”

After Gap Jin exit the car, without hold both of them have their passionate kiss and end after they have hardness in their breath. “Jagiya, I’ve to leave now. You just take a good rest at home okay” she say while hug her boyfriend tightly. “I’ll text you once I reach home” he looses their hug and gives a kiss on her forehead. “Bye bye Oppa. Saranghae” Ji Hyo wave and open the door

“Bye bye baby” he wave back to her. “Saranghae” he said once she exits the car. Unbelievable with what he say, Ji Hyo with a blank face asks him “What you saying? Can you repeat back?” but only a chuckle he received by the man and a sign of love by him using his hand.

 

******

 

Jong Kook still in his dreamland when he hears his mobile phone ringing, feel disturb he answer the call without looking the caller as his mobile keep ringing even though he had ignored it for more than 5 times. “Yawbosaeyo” the husky can be heard in his sound. “Hyungnim, can we meet up” the man voices from other line starlet him a bit and makes him sit. “Okay but where?” he asks the caller. “I’ll tell you later, tonight at 11.00” the harsh sound can be heard from the man voice.

 

Pyeongchon Boxing Club, Anyang

Around 11.00 p.m Jong Kook arrives at the meeting place where he can see the man already there with his boxing attire inside the boxing ring. Since the club already closed to the public, no one was there except the staff since the man had makes his books earlier “Gary-ah why you want to meet me?”

“Hyungnim, I challenge you one on one. Tonight we make prove who is the ‘One Man’, the best man who can be with Ji Hyo. I promise you if I loose tonight, I’ll never disturb her anymore” and then Gary throw the boxing gloves to Jong Kook. “What are you saying Gary-ah, don’t be like this? We can talks about this in peaceful way”

“Hahahaha Hyung, are you afraid?  What a pathetic are you to surrender even before the game started” mocking Gary before he continue “This is my way, how I overcome my problem. Let’s fight as man Hyungnim, prove to me that Ji Hyo deserve to have you as her man or else you have to break up with her”

Hearing the challenge by Gary, as a man with his own ego Jong Kook can’t tolerance himself and accepts the challenge. It’s being a while he boxing and he know how good Gary is in boxing but to prove Gary he have to challenge it; he didn’t want to loose her girlfriend. Change into boxing attire that make the referee drop his jaw in seeing his fine body, he then step forward to the ring.

“We will have three rounds of three minutes each, and the scoring will be based by the point. You will be penalizing if broken the rule and no punch on the sensitive part. Before we started please bow to each other” the referee explain to them before he start the games.

The game between them are balanced and tight, both of them are really good in boxing. They punch and defense without giving any chance to each other. The fighting is the fight to their future but somehow Gary with his skills in boxing manages to score more point than Jong Kook and they already reach the final round.

After taking a minute rest, both of them continue their boxing again. “Hyungnim, I know you endure yourself in the last two round, why you like this I want you to give your all out in this final round” Gary said before they continue the game.

In the intense mind and a range fighting spirit, Jong Kook punches his opponent with a jab and managed to hit Gary on his head and earn one point. Then, he continues with his uppercut punch to Gary torso but Gary manages to defense himself by blocking with his arm before he tries to punch Jong Kook back by jab at his face. Jong Kook with his fast predictable managed to block Gary punch but he still loose some point with Gary.

The last round already held for 2 minutes and both of them already feel exhausted; the hardest breath can be hear from them but they never give up, the fighting spirit still flows in the vein.  Jong Kook knows his point with Gary is far too different and it’s really difficult to get even one point, thinking of its nerve come in his mind since he knows he don’t have much time now; only one option he can do to win Gary even though it’s a difficult with his opponent that is good in defending and predict. Before 30 second to ended the battle, Jong Kook collect all his strength and spirit on his fist while remembering his beloved one ‘Ji Hyo-yah, Baby I don’t want to loose you’ and then give his blow to Gary using his uppercut technique and punch to Gary torso before he continue with his hook to Gary head which make Gary loose his imbalanced and falls.

1…2…3…4…5… the referee counting to the knockdown Gary but he still can’t stand on his feet. The punch really gives a hit to him. 6…7…8… he still unable to stand, he try his hard but he falls back. Jong Kook who is standing in front just looks to his opponent with some pray in his mind. 9…10…Knock out. Since Gary unable to standing, the referee end the fight with Jong Kook wins the battle.

With the happy face Jong Kook rashly go to Gary to help him standing and then both of them have their brotherhood hug before exit the ring. “Gary-ah gwenchanayo? Sorry if I’m hurting you” he said once they enter the changing room. “Gwenchana Hyung. Congratulation indeed you’re deserves to have her. Now, I can forgo her without worries” Hearing the word, Jong Kook feels culpable; he know how Gary love Ji Hyo but he also need her in his life. “Gary-ah mianhe for I’ve this feeling to Ji Hyo, it’s never my intention to stab you but I can’t endure myself. I also don’t know when I’ve this feeling to her as much as I want to endure it because of you, but seeing her in every filming and be closed to her my feeling become deeper”

“It’s okay Hyung, don’t have to feel guilty. I give my bless to both of you beside she never falls for me, it just a sided love. Just promise me that you will take care of her and don’t break her heart Hyung” Jong Kook just nodded his head as his promise word, he feels relieve and thankful to Gary.

“Hyung, it’s already late and I’m exhausted, can I sleep at your place tonight?” Gary asks and received a chuckle and nod by the brother before both of them leave the place. “But Hyung, on Monday she still my girlfriend huh” and both of them share their laugh together.