Chapter 18: Happy Birthday to you

Twist of Fate

February 24, 2011 : Gary’s restaurant

 

Gary’s birthday held in the simple and happy way. The entire Running Man members are there to celebrate it, eventhough it already midnight they didn’t feel asleep instead they become fresher. It’s feels like filming Running Man. Soju, cake, sandwich, fruit, snacks are there including the BBQ pork intestine and pork belly from Gary’s restaurant. ‘Aish, what an unhealthy food’ mumbling Jong Kook while he looking at the food in searching the food he can eat. Feeling dizzy he just sits quietly at his place, enjoying his food while looking at the other member who is having a good time together. They talk, laugh and giggle; its look like a family and Jong Kook smile brightly when seeing this.

“Come, before we get drunk come here all. Sit at this table, we play this game” said the childish Haroro to the entire members. He held an empty bottle of soju in his hand while asking the others to sit at the chair which he has set up around the table.

“What game Haha-hyung? Can you explain to us?” the framer Kwang Soo ask and sitting beside his same age friend, Joong Ki.

“Okay we will play Spin the bottle games combination with truth or dare. The person who is the king will spin the bottle and he will ask something to the person whom the bottle points to. The question can be in anything and the answerer must answer it truthfully within 30 second. If can’t answer within the time, they must agree to perform a dare from the King but the dare must be speak before the King spin the bottle. The person which the bottle ends up pointing will be the next King” Haroro explains the game to the others.

“Aish, what a long explanation, you’re like PD. You really want to be MC that much Haha-yah” mock the National MC. Hearing that Haha shows his angry face and give a glare to Jae Suk which make the others laugh with his act.

Seeing the other has sat at their place, Haha continue, “Since today is Gary-Hyung birthday, he will be the first king. Gary Hyung here you go, before you spin speak your dare first”

“Okay my dare who cannot answer my question must get hit at forehead by this chopstick 10 times”

Hearing that all members protest since they know how hurt it will be since they have experience it before, only Gary can endure the pain. “Mweh, I’m the King here, you must do what I’m saying. Okay I’m spin now”

The bottle spinning in the table and the others looking with the nervousness, “Jebal, Jebal don’t be me”. The bottles spin really fast until it getting slow and pointed to Suk Jin.

“Okay, question to Suk Jin Hyung. Who are your less like among of us?”

“How come I answer that, I like you all equally”

“No, no Suk Jin Hyung, we know it not equally, you like Jae Suk Hyung the most? So who is the less?” Kwang Soo reply asking again. “Just answer it Suk Jin hyung, or you want to be hit by this chopstick, the time almost ended” Gary ask again and showing the chopstick to the Big Nose hyung in mocking him.

Afraid of the punishment he will be facing he answer “Yeah, yeah it’s you Kwang Soo, it’s you” while pointing his finger to the framer Kwang Soo. “Me, why me? Why not Jong Kook hyung?”

“How come Jong Kookie, he the second person I like after Jae Suk, aish you” answer the Impala while the others just laughing giggling and whistle the ‘Saint, Agnes and Burning train’ song.

“Okay, I will spin now oh before that my dare is whoever can’t answer my question must doing the dance”. Then he spins the bottle before its stop and pointing to Ji Hyo.

“Okay question to our Mong Ji Hyo. Between the single men here, there is someone you like and who is he?” ask him and received a different reaction by the listener; Jae Suk who is sitting beside him just giggling while the other including Ji Hyo quite shock with the question.

“Haha hyung, Haha hyung” frame Kwang Soo. “Ani me, me. I’m your boyfriend” Gary said while raise up his hand. “Noona, noona, it’s not Monday answer Joong Ki, Joong Ki”

“Aish, all of you shut-up. My answer, yes and he is……… a secret” answer her in the aegyo voice, while answering her eyes is looking at Joong Kook who is sit between his two Kids. Gary who is sitting in front of Ji Hyo can see her eyes suddenly say “Ai, ai, she looking at me. It’s me Ji Hyo-yah? I like you too. Can we date?”

Ji Hyo just laughing while hearing Gary words. ‘It’s not you babo, he is the person beside you’. “Since you cannot answer, you need to dance”. Ji Hyo like usual dance her hot issue dances. “Aish, Suk Jin hyung, your dare is so easy” Jae Suk blame the Big Nose hyung.

The game was continuing and the King passes from one person to the others but the bottle never pointed to Jong Kook. “Among the person here, this bottle never pointed to Jong Kook. Kook Jong I don’t know how lucky you are. Before I’m spin, my dare is whoever cannot answer my question must kiss someone in his/ her forehead. The person also will be choose by the spin” the National MC said and spin the bottle in front of him. His face is full with doodle due to the past punishment.

The bottle spins slow and stops at the Commander. “At last, the luck not around you anymore. I want to ask this question for so long, but I didn’t dare to ask. My question is you have said before you already have 5- 6 ex-girlfriend and among of these are celebrity, so who is she?”

Jong  Kook quite shock when hearing the sudden question by the National MC. It’s like digging his own grave, he really dislike to speak about his past relationship as he want to buried all his memory and the bad experience he received in his past love. “Dangyunhaji” he hears the same age friend mocking him. He feels nerve in his place, the dizziness in his head become worse and he can feels his breath become shallow.

“She is….she is” while in answering his small eyes look at the other members in front of him. They look very eager to hear his answer, while Jae Suk looking at his watch counting the time. “Palli Kook Jong, times almost finish or you want to kiss someone here?” mocking the Grasshopper.  “She is…she is”

“Times up, aish this Commander always with his secretive, okay I will spin this bottle again and look who the lucky one” the grasshopper chuckle while spinning the bottle. “Jebal, Jebal don’t be me” the others praying until they laughing in shock when the bottle stop and pointing at someone.

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHA……”

“Hahaha Jae Suk hyung, it’s you, it’s you”. Jae Suk also quite surprise with result, for first time the bottle pointed to the spinner. Feeling regret in his past words, he have to do the punishment with Jong Kook.

“Kook Jong-ah come here and do it fast” the National MC walks to the center and called the Commander. Feeling nerve Jong Kook walk to centre and facing the National MC. “Bbo hey, Bbo hey” the others tease them. “I’ll do it fast, just shut your eyes Hyung” said the Commander while he also shut his small eyes not dare to watch the scene in front of him. In his dark world, suddenly he feels his mind blank and he becomes numb in his standing before he collapsed on the floor.

“Jong Kook hyung!!”