Chapter 28 : Prayer

Twist of Fate

August 10, 2012

C-JES Entertainment

 

Tuut…Tuut…Tuut...Tuut… “Jong Kook Oppa, please pick up the phone”

Tuut…Tuut… “The number you call is not answering, please…” Ji Hyo cut the connection. “Jong Kook Oppa, where are you?” then she try to call the man again but still no answer from him.

“I will just leave the message then; maybe I need to done it by myself” Ji Hyo talks to herself while texting to Jong Kook. Then she walks and goes to the elevator and push Level 12 button; the top level in the building where Baek Chang Joo’s room located.

Arrives at Level 12, the atmosphere really quiet, no one on the floor and Secretary Min also no where to be found nor the security there. Take her courage, Ji Hyo pull the unlock door and enter the empty room. Baek Chang Joo also not at his place since he just leave around 20 minutes before to attend his meeting and Ji Hyo known well about his absent. Then in the slow walk, she goes to the inner part of the room where the safety box was located.

In front the safety box she feels hesitate in her action, don’t know why she had an unpleasant mind now. ‘No one here right’ her mind thinking and her heads keep glancing at the door afraid someone might enter the room. Trying to remember the password, she pin the number on the button. 

 

**Flashback**

August 1, 2012

“Mr. Baek we must end this now. I can’t pretend this anymore, Gary Oppa also not disturbing me anymore” said her to the man once she enters his room. Baek Chang Joo raised his head and stopped his works when heard her. “Oh Song Ji Hyo-shi, long time not see you. What the matter?” asked him pretended didn’t heard her.

“It’s regarding our agreement; I want to end it today” Ji Hyo repeated back her request but only received by the small laugh by the man. “Which agreement Ji Hyo-shi, I can’t remember it since you have many agreement with me?”

"Don’t try to be fools Mr. Baek, you know the agreement as much as you know what I’m saying about” Ji Hyo annoyed with the man in front of him, keeps pretending he didn’t know. Then, Baek Chang Joo walked to the safety box, keyed in the password and took out one blue file from the safety box mouth. Meanwhile, Ji Hyo who is at his work desk watched everything Chang Joo done with the intense mind. She focused her eyes when Chang Joo keyed in the password and tried to capture it eventhough sometimes her sight is hidden by Chang Joo body movement.

“You said about this agreement, Miss Song?” Chang Joo said while open the file and showed the agreement in front her. “Okay, I’ll let its end”

“If that you think I might said, but I wont lets it be” Chang Joo continued his word when he can sense a smile on her face. “And Song Ji Hyo-shi, since I’m busy right now with your own thinking like when you come here I hope it is also when you leave”. Heard his words, with the rage in her heart Ji Hyo leaved the room. ‘I hate you’

***end of flashback***

 

Trying to remember and guess the password, Ji Hyo pin the number but she keep fails to open the safety box. She tries many passwords she has thinks but all are wrong. “Jebal, jebal”. A sweat appears from her head.

 

*******

 

YMC Studio

Jong Kook just finished his recording at YMC Studio when he saw one message on his mobile.

“Jong Kook Oppa, I already know the password. I’ll end it today and sorry for bothering you with my problem”

After reading the message, in sudden he run outside and goes to his car. ‘Ji Hyo-yah what you’ve done, why didn’t you wait and trust in me’. In his maximum speed he drives to C-JES Entertainment while his mind keeps thinking the woman. He tried to calls Ji Hyo but she didn’t answer her phone, “Damn!” he hit the car steering leave his anger there.

Then he search another name in his phone “Where are you now?” said him after the line connected.

“Jong Kook-ah, I’m at home now taking my Medical Leave. Not really well, why?” one woman answer him. “No, I just want to know where Baek Chang Joo is?” Jong Kook asks the woman. “Jamkkanman, I’ll try call his driver. I’ll update you soon”

After 5 minutes, his mobile phone ring again “They are now on the way to C-JES Entertainment since Baek Chang Joo forgot to bring his document. Why Jong Kook-ah any problem?” but the line was cut before she can hear Jong Kook answer.

Hearing the words, Jong Kook can feel the nerve in his mind. He keeps praying for Ji Hyo safety. Not soon after his mobile ring again. Feels tension, he answer the calls after he leave it for two times “Kwang Soo-ah, why you call me?!”

“Jong Kook-hyung, where are you. Didn’t we agree to have lunch together with Gary Hyung today. We already waited you here” Kwang Soo reply to his question. “Mianhe Kwang Soo-ah, I can’t. I’m on the way to C-JES Entertainment now, Ji Hyo…” Jong Kook said before he hesitate to continue his word, he remembers that no one know Ji Hyo’s problem and secret except him and without hear what Kwang Soo might say he cut the line and switch off his phone didn’t want any interruption.  

With the intense mind, he step hard at the accelerator pedal don’t mind if he will be fine for over limit and hope he can reach first before Baek Chang Joo.

 

Meanwhile, Ji Hyo who is in Chang Joo’s room still standing infront the safety box, key in as much password she might think. ‘Jebal, jebal. All of this must end today’ pray her while in the same time keep remembering the password based from what she saw Chang Joo hand movement before.  But, her guess keep fails until she heard one man voice behind him calls her name.