Chapter 39 : First love

Twist of Fate

Jong Kook who is just having his shower, walks to the living room but he quite surprise when seeing nobody there. Nerve come in his mind when thinking might be Ji Hyo has leave his house since she looks really distress earlier, regret come to him when remembering he leave her alone before. ‘Baby, where are you?’ He then walks to the door to search for her outside when suddenly he heard one familiar laugh from afar. Walks to the place, he feels relieve once he see his woman there talking and laughing with his mother, brother and sister in law while helping them in the kitchen.

“Oh you’re here” his sudden word at the kitchen door shocks the others and all of them turn their head toward him before they continue with their talk again. Feeling ignore he then walks to them and take his sit on the dining table beside his girlfriend trying to join their conversation but only the clueless he received. He then grab to Ji Hyo’s hand on the table to noticed her that he is there but his girlfriend lets go of his hand since she is busy to peel and cut the fruit in front her.

Disappointed with the feedback he received, the muscular man walks back to the living room when he can heards someone enter the house where he found his dad and nephew enter the house. “Keun Young, don’t you miss me” he said to the boy while wide his arm to have a hug but the boy just go to him and give a light kiss on his cheek before he go back to his grandfather. “Keun Young, you must be tired, let’s have a bath together” his father says to the boy and received a happy expression by the kid before they walk together.

Receive a cold feedback from his entire family and girlfriend, Jong Kook feels sad ‘Why they treat me like this on my birthday?’ In his sulky face he goes to his room, take his jacket then slowly without a sound he exit the house and walks to the park nearby where he always have his jog there. Sitting alone on the bench, he watch the little duckling on the lake swimming and playing together with their siblings while following their mother to go back to their home since it already dusk. Feeling fun with their act, Jong Kook reminiscence his childhood and rebellious teenagers time that he regret where had make his parent especially his mother suffering. If the time can be return back, he really wants to be an obedient child to his parent, study hard and make them proud with him; thinking of his past time make him working hard now and stay together with his parent in order to return back what he had received from them and to give back what he had miss despite to give them happiness and proud to have him as their son even though sometimes he wonders in himself either he already achieve his goal especially when thinking their cold feedback to him just now. He feels relieve in seeing how his family can accept his girlfriend into his family but don’t know why he feels a bit jealous when they give their full attention to her and ignoring him, but he feels more depress when his girlfriend also disregard him. Take a long breath to easiness his feeling, he then take the pebble on the ground and throw inside the lake when suddenly he feels someone hug him from behind.

Knowing the person who is behind him, he stop his act; remain silent to feel the sweet feeling he has now and he can feel that slowly his emotion back to normal and all the feeling before just vanish. He clueless with his emotion right now, don’t know why his emotion suddenly can change even though she just standing and hug him; he can feel that his girlfriend really can bring the happiness in him and easiness his feeling. “Jagiya, what are you doing here?”

Didn’t answer her question and just remain still in his standing he asks back “Ji Hyo-yah, what are you doing here and how you know I’m here?” the chuckle he received from the girl before she reply “I’m here for you dear and your brother send me here. Love are you mad?” and a small shake she received by him. “Then if you’re not mad, why don’t you turn around and face me?”

Like an obedient child, Jong Kook turns his back and faces her while his arm wrap tightly on her waist. His girlfriend then, grip around his neck and give a slight kiss on his lip before they continue with their closed eyes.

“Jagiya, is your school far from here. Can you bring me there?” Jong Kook shows his curious face hearing the request “It’s not far, why you want to go there?” Without explain to him, she grabs his hand and pull him to walks “Let’s go Oppa”

“This is my school, but why you want to come here, it’s all boy school” he said while looking to his old school, the place where he received all the knowledge, the place where he is famous with rebellious did, where the students afraid with him but the teacher respect him and he is well known as Kim Dokki. Just remain silent Ji Hyo also looks at the school and without saying much she pull her boyfriend hand again and continue the walks while her mind keep remembering something before she stop her walk ‘I think this is the place’. “Baby, why you take me to this place, don’t you say you want to go to my school earlier?” Jong Kook feels uneasy in seeing the place, a dark alley beside the shop. “Jagiya, I want to share you one story. Actually, this is not the first time I being here and in this place where I found my first love” she say before continue her talks.

 

**Flashback**

Spring 1994

Ji Hyo was a 7th grade student or a first year student of Middle School, an active and good student which is liked by friends and teacher. Today, she together with her friends and teacher from her school went to Anyang to participate the sport tournament between Middle and High schools in South Korea that was held in Anyang Stadium. She participated for 100m & 400m sprint.

After the tournament, she and her entire school participate have their trip around Anyang. From one place to another they went to saw any interesting landmark in Anyang when suddenly the bus stopped due to the flat tires. It was 5.00 p.m now and the surrounding are quite, exited the bus she with her friends and teachers walked together in searched for a restaurant around there to have their meal. In their walked, they pass by the all boy High School where some student still there playing soccer at the field until they reach to the restaurant. After took their meal, her teacher gave a permission for them to walked around the place but must gathered at the bus around 6.15 p.m since they still have a long journey to Ilsan.

Felt happy they walked together and went from one shop to another until Ji Hyo stop at one pet shop attracted with a little Persian cat inside the cage. She felt happy in watched the little cat played with the ball unnoticed her friend already walked and leaved her behind. Felt nervous Ji Hyo walked alone in searched for her friend but they are nowhere to be seen until she arrived at the dark alley beside the shop. “Well, well, well let see who has come here” a man voice appeared from behind her, she shocked and wanted to run but the man had already held her hand. “Let’s me go” she struggled but the man grip are too strong for her. “Guys look what a pretty face has come here” he talked to his entire member there. Ji Hyo frowned when saw them, the delinquent of High School Boy; frightened and nervous came to her.

“Help me, somebody help me!!” she screamed and shouted but one of the boy shut and took out a knife and showed it to her. “Don’t scream or else this knife will bloody you. Hyung what will you do with her” the boy continue and asked his senior that seem like a leader in the group. “Em, playing with you pretty” the leader said and received a long laugh by the other member; still his hand held to her hand. “But, you’re looks young and your is rather flat. How old are you kid?” In frightened Ji Hyo reply “14” the stream of tears already flow in her face. “Uhh, why you’re crying, we won’t do anything to you maybe just a kiss, we are not that bad right guys?” the older speak again and received a loud agreed from behind and then his face got near to Ji Hyo while Ji Hyo keep move her head to avoided it. “Please don’t” but the delinquent grabbed to her head and slowly got near to her.

“Hey! What are you doing?” suddenly a loud shout appeared from behind shocked them. Heard the voice all the delinquent ran away and leave Ji Hyo who is still in her cry. “Hey kid, don’t cry. It’s alright now” her saver gave one handkerchief to her. “By the way what are you doing here, it’s dangerous” he asked again after Ji Hyo take the handkerchief. “I’m searching for my friend” she said in her face down, she didn’t dare to face him, fear still lingerin in herself. “Oh you mean the bunch of school group earlier, they also search for you” he said and recall his met with the group of school kids searching for their friend which made Ji Hyo move her head to faced him and she quite starlet to saw him, a good looking tanned high school boy wearing his soccer shirt. “You saw them, what time is now? Oh my I need to hurry” she then hurried stand and about to leave when suddenly the man voice appear again “Hey kid, lets me accompany you. It’s dangerous”

In their walked to the bus they just remain silent; shyness can be seen from both faces while Ji Hyo kept controlled her emotion now. She didn’t know what had happen to her, her heart drive crazily just like she ended her sprint but she liked the feeling she felt now. Sometimes in her walked she glared to the man beside her; she can felt a butterfly dancing in her stomach until they reached their destination. ‘Is this what a love called?’

“Sunbaenim, gomawo for helping me, by the way your handkerchief here how can I return back to you?” she give her slight bow the the man. “It’s okay you can keep it Kid” he said with his sweet smile that melt her. Then she walked to enter the bus but before her leg stepped on the bus stairs she looked to him again “Sunbaenim, may I know your name?”

“Just call me Kim Dokki”

***end of flashback***

 

“So you’re that kid Ji Hyo-yah, sorry I didn’t recognize you” he question back after Ji Hyo ended her story while recall his memory for almost 20 years before. He try to recall back the face of the young kid, but like a broken screen he can't memorize it since he also not really looking at her face during that time, he feel shy to faces her even though he can remember the scene. “It’s okay dear since I also can’t remembered you at first until your documentary of Kim Dokki appear, but I’m so happy because we can meet again. Maybe this is what a destiny call, you’re my first love and I hope you will be the last” she said and then gives a hug to him and he return it back with a smooch. “Let’s go home, it already late”

 

*******

 

“Surprise… “Seing il chook ha hamnida, Seing il chook ha hamnida, Sarang ha nuen Kim Jong Kook, Seing il chook ha hamnida” Jong Kook froze with the sudden surprise he received once he enter his house with Ji Hyo. With his small eyes he screening his home, he didn’t expect in the short time the living room has become like this, full of ballon in celebrating his birthday and his manager Gap Jin also there to celebrate it together. “Mianhe Jong Kook-ah with what we done to you before, it’s just our act to make you go outside and it’s thank to your brilliant girlfriend here” his brother said and Jong Kook give his glare to his girlfriend who is giggle beside him while grab to his arm and then they have their fun time together; eating, joking, laughing and celebrating his birthday.

“Ji Hyo-yah, I didn’t expect that you really had taken him as your boyfriend. Hahaha my wish had come true” Kim Jong Myung speaks and Ji Hyo cheeks feel redness. “Min Unnie, thank you for helping me before. Sorry I didn’t have a time to said it before since you already quit the job after the incident” she said and give a slightly bow to the Unnie. “It’s okay Ji Hyo-yah, I help you since I know how precious you’re to him, by helping you it also helping him” the Unnie reply and both of them turn their head to looks at Joong Kook who is sit beside Ji Hyo playing with his nephew who is on his lap.

“Gomo help me” the little Keun Young suddenly run to Ji Hyo and hide behind her escaping from his uncle. “Samchon, you can’t chase me, mweek” the boy mocking with his stick out tongue but he quite surprise when seeing the clueless expression from his uncle and family; the times feels like stop for a second. “What you call her son, Gomo?. Well, in that case I should call you Jesu, Ji Hyo-yah” the boy’s father said; received a blush from Ji Hyo, a shock in Jong Kook and the laugh from the others.

It’s already 10 p.m, Ji Hyo need to go back home since she had her schedule early in the morning tomorrow, before she going home together with her boyfriend they meet the oldest. “Abeoji, Eomeoni sorry for my late introduction but here meet my girlfriend, Song Ji Hyo” the muscular man sad while give his bow to his parents “Ahjussi, Ahjumma nice to meet you and sorry if I done anything bad here” she said in her bow like her boyfriend. “Song Ji Hyo-shi what make you loves him?” the older man question with his serious face that makes Ji Hyo blank a bit. Sit up after the bow, she take a deep inhale before she reply “Let’s me speak the truth actually I don’t love him but I hate him…” she pause her word when she can sense the surprise expression in the oldest and Jong Kook face before she continue “I hate him for make me crazy and madness with his love, happy just he is beside me, lost when I’m missing him, confuse when he can complete me and bless for meet him and have him in my life but I’m more hate him when I found that I can’t even hate him but totally fall in love with him” she stop her word and feels Jong Kook’s hand hold her hand while the older woman in front of her shed her tears and then grab both of them in her hug. “Ahjumma?” in surprise Ji Hyo call the older woman.

“No I can’t accept it” the older man words give froze to them. 

 

p/s : Since I'll not update for 2 days & a request from cheenie27.... here double update tonight. ^^

@cheenie27.... I hope you can sleep tonight