Chapter 5 : That Right… But…

Twist of Fate

 

“Song Ji Hyo-shi, Song Ji Hyo-shi”…. She hears her name being called by this familiar man voice. 

 

“Song Ji Hyo-shi, Song Ji Hyo shi” she hears her name being call again and a small shake in her body. “Ji Hyo-shi, wake up. We already reach” her driver voice appear wakes her to the reality. 

With the burden feeling, Ji Hyo wake up and she can feel her tears dry in her face. She cries in sleep.

After taking a shower, Ji Hyo just sits on the crouch at her living room blankly. She is sleepy but her stubborn eyes won’t shut nor her mind too. She keeps thinking about being a part in Running Man. Honestly, she really wants to accept the invitation, but thinking of her dream before makes hesitation in herself. Somewhat, she feels scare that her dream might come true additional with how Kim Jong Kook treat her during their filming together. She can feel the awkwardness of him when she tries to be close to him. ‘Should I just refuse the offer?’

 

*******

 

Saturday, Gangnam areas

 

Song Ji Hyo who didn’t have any schedule today goes out for shopping at COEX Mall. She didn’t feel to buy something today, just going out for window shopping and update herself for the latest fashion worldwide. She so happy to be in her own world, no need a company just being by herself alone is enough.

“ Ji Hyo unnie. Are you alone?”. Ji Hyo hears her name being call and she sees one woman figure walking towards her.

“Ah yeah. I’m alone, are you too? Oh..oh hi, nice to meet you”

“Yeah, nice meet you too Unnie. I’m also alone, Unnie if you don’t mind can we walk together? I’m bored to be here by myself, all my friends are busy with filming”

“Sure…sure Eun Hye-shi. The more the merrier. I’m thirsty right now; do you wanna go and have some coffee?”

The two women walk together to nearest Coffee Bean; after ordering their meal they have a nice chit chat together. After their filming Princess Hour together these two women never seeing neither contact each other.

“Unnie, last Sunday I watch you in Running Man. Wah, that show is quite funny. You also good there”

“Aishh Eun Hye-shi, I’m not good at all. Actually during the filming I feel so shy to be around them. They are Daebak , I’m just so-so”

“No Unnie, no, you also good.  I think they should add another female member, and it suppose be you Unnie. A show without a female will be dull and bored.”

“Actually, they have invited me, but I’m still in thinking about it. I’m not good at it and I feel so shy around them, I’m the only woman there. It’s awkward around them especially Kim... “ Ji Hyo reluctant to continue her words when she remember how close Eun Hye and Jong Kook was, even they have a scandal together and it is still strong until now. ‘Oh my, what to do? If she talks this to Jong Kook sunbaenim, she also closed to Yoo Jae Suk sunbaenim and Haha sunbaenim’

“Jong Kook Oppa? Unnie, he is shy around women but he is good and humble to others. There go also Jae Suk Oppa. They are a nice guy, you just need to get along with them and you will notice what I’m talking about. Maybe it takes quite sometimes to be closed especially Jong Kook Oppa. You should take it. Anyway didn’t you two have met before in FO?”

“Ummmm… I will think about it. Omo! how you know that both of us have met before?” Ji Hyo ask in curious. “ Unnie, why so surprise? Jong Kook oppa told me before, he even said you’re so good doing the mission and you know what, when I ask him what he think about you, he said you’re pretty. Hehehe I think he had an eye for you Unnie”. Ji Hyo shocks to hear what Eun Hye has told her; even she feels inert at her sit right now. ‘He did remember me’

“He had eyes on me, don’t bluffing Eun Hye-shi, it on you not me. By the way, sorry if I’m asking did you with Jong Kook sunbaenim really together? Well, you know about your scandal together, it’s still exist till now”

“No, we never dated. Yeah, we are closed but just more like friends, nothing more. Ahhh Unnie,  why asking, are you have feeling for him?”

“No…no” Ji Hyo reply in blush.

Then, they walks and having their fun time together until they didn’t realize it have been 5 hours they being there. Ji Hyo who lives in Ilsan has to go back now before the day becomes darker since she needs another an hour to drive back home.

Along her drive to Ilsan, Ji Hyo keep thinking Eun Hye words to her.

“Ok unnie bye. Meet u again. Before that, don’t think anymore, just take it. Anyway, this is your chance to become closer with Jong Kook Oppa, who knows both of you are fated together, that why you two met again after FO”

“Eish you, don’t tease me. Okay bye Eun Hye shi, take care and drive safely”

“You too Unnie, annyong”

 

‘Yeah, maybe Eun Hye right. I should just grab this offer, but are we really fated to be together? Crap Ji Hyo, what you thinking of? But what about my dream and Jong Kook reaction to me?’ Ji Hyo hesitates in her decision. I think I should think more.

Suddenly, her phone ringing and it’s her manager.

“Ji Hyo-shi where have you been? I’ve called you so many times. The Running Man PD had called me again, what your decision?”

“Ummm Oppa, mianhe mianhe, I’m out for shopping. Just accept it Oppa, accept it” Ji Hyo answered blankly. The word that just slipped from leaving Ji Hyo with shock in her face, it feels like the time stop for second. ‘Oh my, what I’ve done?’ 

 

p/s: TQ for the comments from the previous episode, and I think one of you have guess it right! ^^