Chapter 17 : Tonight

Twist of Fate

February 23, 2011

 

Jong Kook is in his car driving when suddenly his phone ringing. Using loud speaker he answers the call.

"Jong Kook hyung, where are you? Are you come or not?” Kwang Soo on the line speaks once the line connected. “Kwang Soo-ah, I’m just drive to there, still at Seoul. Are you already there, who had come?” ask the Commander. “All except you and Ji Hyo noona, I already called her but she not assure she can come or not because her manager car broke down. Hyung, since you still on drive can you pick up her?”

Jong Kook startled when hearing the request from Kwang Soo, suddenly nerve come in him mind. His mind feel blank in the moment, no words come from his mouth until Kwang Soo’s voice make him realize he still on his drive. “Hyung, hyung are you still there?”

“Yeah, yeah. I try, but where is she?” ask him trying to control his nervousness voice. “She said earlier she at Yongsan-gu. Much better you call her Hyung”

After ended the call, Jong Kook turn the right signal, park his car at the road site and search Ji Hyo name in his phone. He then presses the green button but within the second before the line connected he ended the call. Consecutively he keeps press the green and red button on his phone, hesitate in his action. ‘Should I call her?’

“Tok…tok…tok…” suddenly one police officer knock his car window. Shock with the knock, his thumb presses the green button without his notice. Press down the window button, he face the police officer. “Sir, is anything all right? Oh, Kim Jong Kook-shi” the officer ask and quite surprise when he see the man in the car. “Yes, I’m on my phone” reply Jong Kook and show his phone to the officer when unexpectedly he hear Ji Hyo voice on the line. “Kim Jong Kook-shi, sorry for disturb you. Drive carefully”

Nod his head as a pleasure gesture, Jong Kook answer the call where Ji Hyo has being waited there. “Ne Ji Hyo-yah, I’m here. Sorry to make you wait”

“It’s okay Sunbaenim, why are you calling me?” ask her to the Commander. A small smile comes in her lip when she hears the man voice. “I’m hears from Kwang Soo your manager’s car broke down. Where exactly are you now?” ask the man. “Em, I’m at Yongsan-gu, near Yongsan Park. Why Sunbaenim?” she crease her forehead when say that. “Arasso Ji Hyo-yah. Just wait there, don’t go anywhere”

Its only takes 10 minutes for Jong Kook to reach there. Once he arrived, Ji Hyo no where to be found nor her manager’s car. ‘Aish, this girl. I said wait me here, where did she go?’ Go down from his car, Jong Kook then walks to the park searching for her. It’s was 10 p.m now, the night cold since it still in the month of February, the area was dark only the dim light lighten the place. Feeling cold Jong Kook put his hand in his jacket, his nose redness and he can see the air in his breath but the Commander still keep walking. He regrets in himself for not wear the thick jacket. He knows Ji Hyo must be somewhere there.  Feeling stupidest, he takes his phone and tries to call her number but the line unreachable. ‘‘Yah, bad girl where are you?!” curse him, he keep trying to call her but the line still unconnected. 

It’s being 20 minutes, Jong Kook walks in the big park area but the person he searches still unfound. No others people there, only him in the park and he can hear the sound of an owl singing from afar. Feeling scare, panic come in his mind when thinking something bad might be happen to the girl. Changing his walk to a run, continuously he shouting the girl name and his mind keep praying for the girl safety. 

The Commander has run and searches the entire park, he feel tired, his breath become hardness but he keep on his running until he found himself back to the park entrance. There, he can see the female figure in front of his car, the person that he had being search for more than 45 minutes.  Feeling anger and relieve, he ran to the girl and shout her name harsh until he realize the girl standing between his arm, her warm breath can be feel around his bare neck.

 

******

 

Ji Hyo who is standing in front of Jong Kook’s car turns her body when she hears her name being called. In her standing, she can see Jong Kook run towards her but she feel shock when the muscular arm wrap around her body tightly. She feels static in her standing, her face blushed with the sudden contact but she liked it. She wants to hug him back but hesitate in her action, so she keeps both her arm stay at her side. The hug ended almost a minute, when the man realizes his unexpected act.

Feel shy with his action, he loosens the grip and step a back from her. “Mianhe Ji Hyo-yah. How long had you waited me here?” ask him in his deep voice; he can feel his throat aches due to the past shouting. “Are you okay Sunbaenim, your voice changes? Just 5 minutes and you how long have you arrived here, where have you been?”

“I’m okay, it’s because I had too much singing today. Don’t worry I just arrived here, around 15 minutes maybe, I went to gent before” said him after clear out his throat, speak out in his slumber. But Ji Hyo know, he is lying. She can see the redness in his nose and cheeks, knowing that she feels sympathy to the man, guilt come in her mind but she can’t say anything to him, Kim Jong Kook are still Kim Jong Kook, his purity of heart is flawless and she know that. “Come Ji Hyo-yah, let’s go now or else we will be late”

Because of the find traffic, the driving was taking only 12 minutes until they reach Gangnam-gu. Due to the sore in his throat, Jong Kook didn’t say any word along his drive, only the sound from the radio accompany them in their journey. Ji Hyo who knows his current condition also, just leaves the Commander alone, focus in his driving while she enjoying the moments to be together with him sitting side by side in his car. She looks outside the window, enjoying the light city and she has a smile in her face. Hearing the song in her ear, she humming the song too in his heart; she feels happy, blush and romantic. Her heart still runs fast due to their sudden contact as she remembered it, it’s so special to her as it’s different with their other skinship and hug during Running Man filming.  Arrived at Gangnam-gu, they enter the building where all the other five members there busy preparing a surprise party for Gary’s birthday.

With the help from Gary workers pretending they have problem with the kitchen, the peaceful Gary come at 12.15 a.m unnoticed he being cheated. “Surprise!” loud them once Gary enters his restaurant.