Chapter 19: Feeling

Twist of Fate

“Jong Kook Hyung!” loud the others when seeing the Commander faint on the floor. “Why? Why?” Yoo Jae Suk who in front of him, open his eyes in the curious face and shocks seeing Jong Kook on the floor and the others members run toward him and he can see Ji Hyo grab to Jong Kook and place him on her lap.

“Oppa, wake up…wake up” Ji Hyo with Jong Kook on her lap shake the man body and give a gentle slap on his face to wake him unnoticed she call him Oppa instead of Sunbaenim while the others looking at her in the astonishing face. “He is shivering, Kang Gary brings me a thermometer” she said suddenly but Gary who is still in his shock world didn’t move from his place. “Kang Gary, palli. Bring me the thermometer!”

Gary starled a bit hearing Ji Hyo yell and hurriedly go to the kitchen and then bring a first aid box to Ji Hyo but received a rebuke from her “Kang Gary, where is the thermometer? Don’t you have it, did you have any blanket?” then in the sulky face Gary rushly run to his worker’s room above his shop and brings the blanket. He feels a little lucky in him as he had provides a place for his worker above his shop.  “His jacket is a little wet, help me to remove it” Ji Hyo said to the other members and after that she remove her own jacket and wrap it around Jong Kook body before she hug him tighly make a skin to skin contact to give him warm before she cover both their body with the blanket.

“We need to send him to the hospital, me, Suk Jin hyung, Ji Hyo and Jong Kook will go with my car, while the others can use Gary car since he parks nearby. I’ll get my car while the others please carry Jong Kook” Yoo Jae Suk said as always being a leader to the others.

In the car, Ji Hyo sits at the back with Jong Kook lying at the sit. “Oppa, please wake up. You will be alright, we will reach hospital soon” Ji Hyo said to Jong Kook while her hand keep brushing his hair and touch Jong Kook’s face to feel his body temperature while in the same time still hug him. Yoo Jae Suk and Ji Suk Jin who is infront hear what she said and looks to her through the rearview mirror. They glance to each other like communicate and a small smile appears from them.

Meanwhile, the other car which carries four men with Gary drives the car following from behind. “Did you all see Ji Hyo’s act toward Jong Kook hyung?” Haha blunt in sudden. “Yes, I see it too. It look really different and she call him Oppa, didn’t outside of Running Man she calls him Sunbaenim”the Flower Boy add. “Is Ji Hyo noona like Jong Kook hyung?” Kwang Soo suddenly question.

“Ani, she is not. She is a concern person that why she acts like that” Gary denies as he can feel the jealousy in him when he hears that and see Ji Hyo acts towards Jong Kook. ‘No, it can’t be. Ji Hyo didn’t love Jong Kook hyung. It’s me that she likes’

Arrives at Hospital, Jong Kook been send to the Emergency room. When being checks by the doctor, Ji Hyo can’t sit still and keeps move and back from her place to the others. “Ji Hyo-yah, just sit down please, it’s gonna be alright" Ji Suk Jin feels dizzy when watching her. “How can I be Sunbaenim, I’m the one who cause him to be like that. It’s all my fault, if I didn’t go to the convenience shop to charge my phone and stay there this won’t happen, I never thought he will come soon. If anything happen to him…” Ji Hyo suddenly sits and cries. Looking that Yoo Jae Suk who is nearby come to her “It’s okay Ji Hyo-yah. Nothing will be happen, don’t worry” while in the same time he glances to Ji Suk Jin and give some sign to him. Suk Jin who knows the sign rushly go to Ji Hyo to cajole her “Mianhe Ji Hyo-yah, I didn’t know. Don’t worry, it’s gonna be alright. Jong Kook is strong”

Not soon after, the other four comes and see Ji Hyo cry on the sit. “What happen, it’s something happen to Jong Kook hyung?” Kwang Soo rushly runs to them. “No, the doctor still doing his check up”

“But why Noona crying?” he asks again but suddenly the doctor and nurse exit the room brings Jong Kook together on the stretcher. In hurry Ji Hyo, Kwang Soo and Joong Ki rushly follow the nurse while the others go to the doctor. “Doctor, is everything all right?” Ha Dong Hoo asks. The doctor just smile seeing all the Running Man members there “He is having hypothermia but his temperature slowly back to normal, luckily you all act fast and had done some first aid to him. He still unconscious so we will monitor his condition until he awake and his temperature back to normal. But I think by tomorrow everything will be fine. Please excuse me” the Doctor explains to them and then rushly back to the room to treat his other patient.

“It’s already 4 a.m and only one person can accompany him here and since he still unconscious I think better if we move first. By the way, some of you have schedule tomorrow and I will call his manager tomorrow” Yoo Jae Suk said give his idea and received a nod by the others. “But Hyung better if we see him first” Ha Dong Hoon said and the four of them walks to Jong Kook’s room.

“Ji Hyo-yah, Kwang Soo, Joong Ki I think better if we move first and let him take a rest. Tomorrow we can come again” the older Ji Suk Jin said after 20 minutes visited Jong Kook. “A-ni Sunbaenim, I want to accompany him here until he awake” Ji Hyo shake her head and reply. “Ji Hyo-yah don’t be like that, you must be tired. Take a rest first and then tomorrow you can come again” Gary said feel uneasy with her decision. “No Gary sunbaenim, I can’t leave him here alone. Because of me he been like this”

“Ji Hyo….” Gary wants to protest again but Yoo Jae Suk cut his word with a grip on his shoulder “Gary-ah, lets her be. It’s better if someone can accompany him here at least she can monitor his condition” said him which leave Gary to no option except to agree. “Ji Hyo-yah we move first” waves them to Ji Hyo before exit the room.

Alone with Jong Kook in the room, Ji Hyo burst her cry that she keep holding. In her cry, she grabs his hand and brings to her face and lip and kisses it while she keeps repeats her sorry word; meanwhile her other hand his hair while she watchs him with sympathy. Don’t know what her mind thinking, she stand from her sit getting near to him and place her lip towards his lip unnoticed someone was outside the room with a coffee in his hand watching her. 

 

*******

 

Early morning, Jong Kook awake from his unconscious. ‘Where am I?’ thinking him while screening the room. He tries to sit but he feels stuck as he can feel someone holding his left hand. ‘Ji Hyo-yah?’ surprises him as he sees the girl sleeping soundly; her head on his bed with her hand holding his hand as her pillow. ‘It’s must be hurt to sleep like that’. Turn his body to left side, silently he watch her and he can see a mark of tears on her face. He move his right hand try to touch her, but he can’t reach due to the tube on his hand.

Jong Kook slowly moves his left hand from her grip but his slightly move on her hand awake her. “Sunbaenim, are you already awake?” she ask.

“Ne. Yah, why are you here?. I’m awake from my sleep and wonder who the angle that accompany me and why it’s you?” Jong Kook mock in sulky to . “Yah, you Kim Jong Kook! How dare you, if I know I’ll not safe you”

“So are you regrets now that I’m still alive. Well, I can live until 200 years old”

“You! Ah I should leave now, its annoying to be in here” in irritate face Ji Hyo stand about to leave but rushly Jong Kook grab to her wrist to stop her. “Ji Hyo-yah, thank you for safe me and accompany me. Sorry about earlier, I just tease you”. Hearing that, Ji Hyo slowly turns her body to face him “Ani Sunbaenim, I’m the one who in false. Sorry to make you like this”

“Ah.. I remember now, you the one who make me like this. You want to leave, just leave”

“Okay Sunbaenim, I go now. Don’t you try to stop me” Ji Hyo said and then she walks to the door.

“I won’t. Go, go” said Jong Kook in his annoy face trying to hold his laugh as he just pretended. ‘Thank you Ji Hyo-yah for everything. You must be tired, just leave now and take a good sleep’

Outside the room and shut the door, Ji Hyo giggle a bit as she know he just pretended“You’re so bad at acting, thank you Oppa for awake and hope you recover soon” and then she continue her walks leave the Hospital.