Chapter 40 : Happiness

Twist of Fate

April 25, 2013 

Anyang

 

“No I can’t accept it” the older man speak suddenly give froze to them “Why you call her Ahjumma, it should be Eomeonim” he continue his words and received a laugh from his wife. “Nae Ji Hyo-yah call me Eomeonim and he is Abeonim”

“And me Ajubeoni and my wife Dongseo” Kim Jong Myung who was also there suddenly speak give a clueless expression in Ji Hyo and a wide smile from Jong Kook. They didn’t expect Ji Hyo will be accepted by the family this much and both of them bow again to the family and say their thankful word. “Let’s take a picture together” Jong Myung said and gives his camera to Gap Jin and they have their family picture together and soon it will be there at the living room.

 

October 11, 2013

It’s been a year they being a couple; a secret couple from the public. Beside Jong Kook’s family and manager, Running Man members and crew no others know about their relationship. In the filming both of them really show their professional to hide their relationship even though sometimes their chemistry had been question by the Running Man’s guest and audience. Both Jong Kook and Ji Hyo also known that they had many fans around the world even though they are unofficial love line and it’s increasing rapidly every day but to give support to Running Man and it’s official love line they still didn’t want to disclose it to public.

On Friday Fall evening, both of them are inside Jong Kook’s luxury foreign car heading to Modo Island to have their vacation together in celebrating a year they being a couple. Arrives at Sammok Dok after one and hour journey from Seoul they take a last ferry to Sindo Island before they continue the drive to Modo Island. Modo Island is a small island located in Ongjingun, Incheon with just over 20 residential homes. Even though Modo Island not a tourist vacation attaraction like Sido Island which is famous with Full House and Sad Sonata’s house but the place still famous with its beautiful beach called “Baemiggumi’”. Along the drive to Modo Island, Jong Kook shut off the air-conditioner in the car and pulls down the car window to feel the ecstasy of the fresh air and a scent of the beaches. He really likes the beaches a lot and it’s always his dream to bring his love one to beaches.

Arrives at village, they search for an Inn but they can’t even found one. “Oppa, that why I said to you better we rent at Sindo Island but you refuse, now where we will sleep tonight?” Ji Hyo rebuke while her eyes screening outside in search for any Inn. “It’s okay Ji Hyo-yah we can ask the eldest there” Jong Kook then stop his car and ask the eldest that they pass by walking alone in the street but only a denial answer he received from her. “Young man, if you don’t mind you can stay at my place. I’ve an empty room for both of you” After a minute discussion with Ji Hyo, they agree with the offer and lift the elders inside the car and continue their journey to her house.

The eldest home was located at the end of the road; the small house which looks shabby but still nice. “Halmeoni, gomawo for your offer, you didn’t know how much it being a grateful to us” Ji Hyo said while helping the eldest with her grocery. “But did you stay alone here?” she ask when sense no others inside the house. “Ne Agassi, after my husband died, I stay here alone my only child living in the town have a nice job there” a sad voice can be heard from her word. “Let’s me show your room” she continue after Jong Kook come towards them with their luggage.

“Both of you can stay here, it’s my child room and the only room that empty here. Sorry if its quite dirt, but I hope you enjoy your stay here” the old lady shows them the room and surprise the couple ‘Oh my, we will stay in one room’. “Halmeoni, we…” Ji Hyo want to speak but feel reluctant as it might burden and give ashamed to the kind lady “Ne Agassi?” a crinkle can be seen from the older forehead which makes her much older from her age. “We want to say thank you, it’s a nice room” Jong Kook reply with an awkward smile once he see the blankness in his girlfriend expression. “I go out first; the futon, blanket and pillow are inside the cupboard” she said before leave and close the room.

Being together inside the room, both of them feel nerve. Still standing in front the door room, they glare to each other before both of them burst an awkward laugh. “Baby, don’t worries like my promises I’ll not do anything to you” he said and then lift their bag, put it beside the cupboard,  take off his jacket, then he sit at the centre of the room and call her to sit beside him when he can see his girlfriend still numb at her standing. Feeling trust with her boyfriend, Ji Hyo then walks and sits beside him and lean her head on his shoulder after takeoff her own jacket. With an interlock hand, they have their chat together until a knock appear at the door.

Rashly, Ji Hyo stands, walk and open the door where she found the old lady was there with her warm smile “Agassi, come let eat together, where your husband ask him too” Ji Hyo just nod and smile a bit in hearing her words before she turn her head towards Jong Kook and ask him to join them together even though he know Jong Kook usually don’t eat late at night and since they already have their dinner at Sindo Island before.

Understand the situation and feel thankful Jong Kook exit the room and have the meal together with them even though he just eats a little. The foods are nice even though a bit salty to him. In their meal, the old lady keeps talking about them. “What a really suit couple I’ve ever see, you’re beautiful young lady while your husband is handsome. Anyway how long had you been married?” Ji Hyo chocks in hearing the question, while Jong Kook beside her in sudden give water for her to drink. “It’s been a year we together Halmeoni” he reply to the old lady lie a bit even though he tell a truth about they had being together for a year as a couple. “A year, it’s quite long she still not yet pregnant?” the old lady ask again and received a chuckle and shake by the Commander, while a blush from Ji Hyo. “It’s a pity, but never minds it still early; I hope you both have your child soonest”

After the meal and help the old lady in clean up, both of them heads to the room before Ji Hyo exit back with the toiletries in her hand but within a minute she enter back with the fidgety face. “Why with you, baby?” he ask and walks towards his girlfriend and in the sudden Ji Hyo grab his hand and pull him outside the house. “Jagiya you just wait here, don’t go anyway” she said before enter the washroom leave the man in blankly outside. Outside the washroom, Jong Kook burst his laugh “Baby, there someone behind you he said Ji Hyo-yah, Ji Hyo-yah” he laugh and keep teasing her until she get out from the washroom with the sullen and angry face “Yah you Kim Jong Kook!” and he run enter the house before the bad Ji Hyo appear and grab his hair but she just chuckle in seeing his naughty act.

Jong Kook enter the room after clean up himself at the washroom when he see his girlfriend already take out the futon and lay it on the floor. “This for Kookie Oppa” then she take another futon and lays it beside the earlier one with some space “this is for me”.  Seeing that Jong Kook walks to the place and pull his futon getting near to her before she pull it back to the earlier place. “Baby don’t you trust me?” he said and pull his futon back. “No, with your act before” she said and pull her futon.

“Ah never mind, I know we don’t need the other futon just one” he said before lie himself on the futon and received a blank from Ji Hyo before she also lie herself. Lying together with a dim light, both of them just remain silent, a throbbing can be heard from their heart. Feeling nerve and silent, with the naughty mind, Jong Kook roll his body towards Ji Hyo and hug her but rashly she push him back to his place. “Jagiya, that why I said I don’t trust you” she said in her chuckle, even though she refuse but actually in her heart she wants to be closed to him.

“Baby” Jong Kook said and lays his arm on the futon and asks her to get near to him. She giggles a bit but slowly getting near to him and lie herself on his broad shoulder and hug him. “Hehehe that why I said we just need one futon” he hug her back and looks to her face and then give his tender kiss on her lip. They cuddle and smooch to each other until both of them sleep together in their hug.

 

*******

 

“Ji Hyo-yah, palli” in hasty Jong Kook call her to be fast in wearing her sport shoes. The old lady who is there just laughing in sees the sweet gesture between the couple. Wave to the old lady, both of them jogs together heading toward Baemiggumi beach. It still early in the morning, no body there at the beach and  from afar they can see a local child plays at the seaside, playing and chase a shy little sea crab that is hiding deep inside the sand hole. At the beach beside of having their jog both of them play with the sea, splash each other with the sea water, he chase and grab her when the girl being naughty and kiss to each other with Jong Kook on top of her after they falls together.

“Baby, happy anniversary” he said and takes out one present to her from his jacket pocket after they have their sit. In the eager expression, Ji Hyo unwrap the present and found a beautiful white gold necklace with a diamond umbrella shape locket and a number 2 under the umbrella. “I know you like pure gold, but I think white gold most suit you” he explain once see her puzzle face, take the necklace from her hand and ware it around her neck before he give his kiss on her forehead. “But Jagiya, what does this locket mean?” she ask and keep playing with the locket on her neck.

“Like an umbrella that will always protect you from the sun and rain, I will also always beside you to protect you, sun will make you hot and burn you but let me be the cloud that defend the sun and blow a cool wind and the rain might give a cold but I’m here to warm you up, while the J2 as the umbrella stand is resemble to our name Ji Hyo – Jong Kook” with a shy expression he explain and receive a kiss on his cheek by his girlfriend. “It’s so beautiful Oppa, I like it”  

“Ji Hyo-yah, I think it is time to reveal our relationship to public since my planning by next year I’ll marry you but if you wants too?" then on his knees he continue "Baby, I know you must dream it’s would be in the elegant and romantic place but with the blue sky, the white ocean, the breezily wind and the sparkling sea as my witnesses, I want to ask this for the woman that already give me all the treasure in this world, give me the light in my darkness night and always give me a brightly warm sunshine, Song Ji Hyo would you marry me?, would you be my half?, Cheon Seong Im saranghae” Ji Hyo froze in hearing his sudden words and no words come from , only a nod on her head answering him, her eyes already watering with a happiness tears. It’s always her dream to be his half, to share their soul and mind, to born his kid and she didn’t expect it’s will come true and she can’t believe it, for her it’s just like a fairytale. She stupor for a minute until his act on her hand and kiss awaken her,  with the closed eyes she  return back his kisses unaware someone are there watch them from afar.

“Hahahaha, just have your fun time today as tomorrow you will be cry. Driver Han, let’s go” 

 

p/s : credit to Hoang Yen Chi from FB for some romantic words in this chapter 

Thank you chingu...^^