Chapter 9 : Reminiscence

Twist of Fate

Gym Centre; somewhere in Gangnam

September 21, 2010

 

Jong Kook who didn’t have any schedule today goes to the nearest gym to do some workout.  It’s being a long time he didn’t go workout  since his disk surgery as his manager keep asking him to get a good rest at home and temporary stop any works and workout for at least a month. During the time, how bored he had been; sit at home doing nothing just watching TV, sometimes going out with his mom and do some music work at night. Jong Kook can’t hold it anymore; he can feel the bad fat and calorie that playing in his body right now, swimming in his blood and vein; one month is too long for him. The gym is already like his second home, everyday he go there; wherever he feels happy or down he will go there, release all his stress and emotion with the equipment.

Yesterday was really a bad day for him. He didn’t receive any running ball nor he need to do the hated punishment. He fails all the games yesterday and he feels betray when his hyungs and dongsaengs keep teasing and laugh to him but he still can endure it because it’s can’t defy the pain he suffer in hearing the words from Ji Hyo’s mouth.  “Yeah, I’m afraid of him. Seeing his body already give me shrink and seeing he being nice to me is like giving me a goose bump” His mind keep recall Ji Hyo’s word while he doing his Cardio exercise. More he thinking about the word, the pain in his heart becomes deep and his exercise become more intense. ‘Ji Hyo-shi am I really scary for you? Are you really hated me that much?’

Actually, Jong Kook can sense the different in Ji Hyo reaction with him compare with the others Running Man cast especially after his emergency surgery, she seen like avoiding, hate and awkward when he is around her. During the filming, she didn’t show much as she always shown her blank face but off screen he become like a zombie to her. She acts like he is a stranger to her.

 

***Flashback***

The filming was successful end, felt thirsty Jong Kook,Haha and Kwang Soo came upfront to the production staff and requested for a mineral water for them. Jong Kook who received the mineral water first return back to their place and offered the bottle to the others including Ji Hyo.

“Ji Hyo shi, here mineral water. You want?”

“No thank, I’m not thirsty” replied her without looking at his face as she busied with packing her bag.

Heard that Jong Kook walked to Jae Suk and Suk Jin who was haved their rest and taked a sat together with them. Sat in silent, Jong Kook had his drinks and secretly watched Ji Hyo who was busied with her packing. Not long after, Haha and Kwang Soo got nearer to Ji Hyo and offered a drink to her.

With a smile on her face “Thank you, sunbaenim, Kwang Soo. You sure care for me, I’m so thirsty”

“Eh, Jong Kook Hyung already have the mineral water before us, didn’t he give it to you, noona?” the curious Kwang Soo ask.  “No, he didn’t” Ji Hyo lied in her word.

Jong Kook who was sat 3 meter behind them heard their conversation. ‘She is lying!’

****end flashback ***

 

Since his back still in the bad condition Jong Kook only do some Cardio exercise like running on treadmill and shadow boxing.  It’s already one hour Jong Kook do the shadow boxing exercise and he really didn’t want to stop. His muscle and his back have aches but he won’t budge, the pain in his heart is more.  

Si Won who is in the gym, walking toward Jong Kook who still in his exercising. He can’t watch Jong Kook do his exercise anymore with his condition right now, ‘This Hyung must be stop’.

“Jong Kook Hyung, please stop. I think your body can’t adapt it anymore, please care your body Hyung”

Hearing that, Jong Kook who is like in a dreamland, can feel the pain his body suffering. Automatically, he stops his exercise. “Jong Kook hyung, are you having problem? If you don’t mind can you share it with me?”

Jong Kook feel ashamed to sharing his problem even though he really need someone opinion regarding his problem. “Okya, there are these guys I want to be friend to, but he hate me. What should I do?” ask Jong Kook sharing his problem but lying.

“Someone hate you, a good person like you? As far as I know the person who hate you usually jealous with you, maybe jealous with your achievement. By the way who is he?”

“Emm, I don’t want to reveal his name here. I don’t know why, but he sure hates me.”

“Hyung, why need you think of others, if you are suffering? It’s not right hyung.  I don’t know why you really want to be friend with him, if he hates you just ignore it, pretend you didn’t know, you didn’t care, lets them be. Just be the way you are Hyung”

Jong Kook has taken a back hearing Si Won opinion. ‘Yeah, it is true. If she really hate me, just ignore it, I just need to be my ownself. Just treat her like always, like I treat the others. Actually, why need I think about her? I don’t like her, all this while it’s just because she the only women in Running Man that I need to care of, that I need to be friend of, she is nothing to me’

Suddenly he feel the pain in his back, rashly Jong Kook run to the locker and take the pain killer.

“Ah…my back” 

 

 

p/s : Sorry I know I being cruel for Jong Kook eventhough he my bias, but don't know with my head. 

How would be this misunderstanding end??? wait in next episode & double post tonight :)