Chapter 44 : Thankful even for Separation

Twist of Fate

November 22, 2013

 

Song Ji Hyo drives her car alone heading to one place. As time pass by, she can accept the incident that happen to her and slowly she approved Chang Joo in her life since Chang Joo always treat her well and she admit that maybe he is her destiny. After asks for the permission from the security, she park her car and in her slow walks heading to one house. Still remembered the house as she always come here before, she ring the door bell and one woman open the door with her wide smile welcoming her.

“Ji Hyo-yah, it’s so long you never come here. Come in” the woman grab her into her hug and bring her to the leaving room where her husband there watching television. Feeling guilty in her mind, without hesitate Ji Hyo bows to the couple who is daze a bit in seeing her sudden act.  “Ahjussi, Ahjumma Mianhe, Mianhe” she keeps bow the couple and endlessly she repeats her sorry word until the woman grab to her and ask her to stand.

“Ji Hyo-yah, don’t be like this. Don’t feels guilty we know all of it, we know the situation you’re facing and we know you must also feel hurt but as our son can accept it we will also accept it. Anyway you didn’t make any false”

“But Ahjumma, I had broke your heart and I also had make his broken heart” still in her down face she said that but the old man words with his serious voice give her a blank “Ne, you had make our heart broken and you had make our precious son heartbroken but didn’t your heart also broken? Don’t be guilty and don’t be sad because your sadness only will bring him sad as he always wants to make you smile. Live must be go on and you always be our daughter in law forever”

“Ne Ji Hyo-yah, please make him smile with your happiness. And calls me Eomeonim not Ahjumma” the old woman said and wipe her tears. She just give her sweet smile to them and feels relieve while her eyes screening the home, it’s still the same the atmosphere still the same and from a far she can see the family picture together with her on the TV Cabinet.

 

*******

 

Jong Kook sits alone on the beach with his thick jacket wrap his muscular body. He really love to go to beach, to see the sea water without fails keeps flows and slap the seaside while give the place to the thousand of marine life. He feels calm when see the beach as the calm of the sea water. While in the beach, his mind keep remembering the time when he and Ji Hyo together, usually every Friday there will meet up here having their secret date, kisses , talked, bickering, laugh and chase each other at the sea side. In here also where she had doubted his love and makes him sulky until fly to Los Angeles and he remembered the beach at Modo Island that they celebrated their first anniversary and the place where he proposed to her with the sea as his witnesses. He feels the watery in his eyes once he remembered it but fastest he wipe it ‘No, I must be strong, I must be happy so that she also will be happy. Life must go on’. He then stand about to leave this nostalgic place ‘Good bye Ji Hyo-yah, hope you find your happiness’ when he hear someone call him, the familiar voice that he miss.

 

********

 

After saying goodbye to Jong Kook’s parent, feeling misses Ji Hyo drive her car towards a beach. She really misses the place a lot as much as she misses the person that always bring her to there. Arrives at the beach she take her deep breath and smell the sea water that she likes so much and continue her walks until she found one familiar figure in front of her “Jong Kook Oppa?”

Hearing the voice from behind him, the man turns his body with his frozen face. Clueless in the second, both of them just numbly stand and no words come from each mouth until he take his long breath and walks about to leave the place. “Oppa, where did you want to go?” she grabs his hand while saying the words that give like an electricity shock to the man; shock for her question and shock with the skin ship and he wonder how can he faces her right now since his futile feelings for her still exist while he knows how much she hates him after their broke up but the calm face of her getting him more confuse.

They sit together side by side at the beach, after their break up they never meet again nor contact each other. Jong Kook still busy with his schedule while Ji Hyo busy in her preparation for the wedding.

“Oppa, how your life now?” Ji Hyo open a question when she can see Jong Kook just remain silent beside her. “Em, I’m okay Ji Hyo-yah still busy with my work. How your wedding preparation? Before that sorry for my act before” he said while holding his own emotions, seeing her again, sit beside her and talks with her really give a mixing feeling in his heart, he feels happy, sad and miss. He wants to hold her, hug her or even kiss her like before but he knows it’s prohibited now, she is someone fiancé.

“It’s still in progress and it’s all done by Chang Joo Oppa, I just help a little. It’s okay Oppa, I’ve forgive you” she say in her smile face, she know she must be strong and shows her happiness to the man so that he also can be happy. She also had known the real reason for Jong Kook act before as her father had told her everything and she know he make it just to protect her even though it’s hurt his own self.

“Ji Hyo-yah sorry if I’m late but congratulation on your wedding” he said while held his hand for a hand shake and with a warm smile she grab the hand. “Thank you, Oppa can we still be friend forever?” she ask but received a shake by the man “No, Ji Hyo-yah you’re not just my friend but you’re my dongsaeng forever”. She just giggles a bit in hearing his words and she feels thankful to him. “Oppa, I forgot to give back the necklace and the ring to you, maybe I’ll send to you later” blankly she said didn’t realize the sad expression that has in the man face. ‘Ji Hyo-yah is you really want to forget me that much?’

“It’s okay Ji Hyo-yah you can keep it or throw it, I don’t mind” still hold his own expression he replies to her but suddenly the girl gives him a hug. “I’ll keep it Oppa, it’s a present from you to me how come I’ll throw it. Oppa I must go now, goodbye” in hesitate he return back her hug and say his goodbye.

‘Oppa, thank you for everything and I’ll always remember your kindnesses’ a tear drop from her face after leaving the place. 

 

p/s : Mianhe if I too cruel for them & give you all cry... Here a tissue for you guys... ^^
Will they be together or just remain a friend, what will happen to Jong Kook, would he meet another girl? 

Happy ending or sad ending? Wait for my update tomorrow (god willing) , double update with the final chapter.