Chapter 42: Disappearing

Twist of Fate

October 13, 2013

Ilsan

 

Mr. Cheon drive his car alone in the busiest street after having his conference, the regret can be seen in his face but he can’t do anything it’s already happen and he can’t return it back. How he wishes that if he could return back the time, he don’t ask much only three hours before is enough for him.

 

**Flashback**

C-JES Entertainment, Conference room

 

“Ahjussi, be prepared the conference will be held in any time” he just smiled to Chang Joo after heard his word, nerve can be seen in his face; it’s a first experience to him and he never imagined he will do this intense thing in the national TV. Sat on his sit he just watched the production crew busy prepared for the live broadcast while the reporter together with the cameraman already gathered around to grabbed the news, his throat felt dry and hurriedly he grab and drank the water on the desk “Now live from SBS E!, we brought you a Conference by CEO of C-JES Entertainment, Baek Chang Joo-shi. I heard there will be good news, not saying much Mr. Baek on yours now”

“Anyongsaeyo, Baek Chang Joo ep ne dah, today I’m together with Mr. Cheon Seong Man father of Song Ji Hyo-shi would like to announce that I and Song Ji Hyo-shi will be married by this becoming New Year. Since Song Ji Hyo-shi still tired due of her vacation, she can’t attend but she well known about the conference today”

“By New Year, it will be around 2 and half months from now it seem like rushing, may I know why you choose New Year” one reporter ask. “Yes, it’s may look rushing and fast, but believe me it’s not that rush for me even if I can I want to marry her now” Chang Joo replied and received a laugh by the reporter and MC before the CEO continued “I choose New Year because it’s the starter of the year and it’s also the starter for us as husband and wife”

“Mr. Cheon Seong Man when did you know this news and what your expression after hearing it?” one reporter asked him that make him shy when the entire cameraman focused to him now. Gulp his saliva hard he then answered the question in hope that his sound not be heard trembling “I just know this from Mr. Baek himself and for sure like the other father in the world I’m shock but yet happy. I never imagine that I’ll watch my daughter wedding this soon”

“Mr. Baek, Song Ji Hyo-shi careers are in the rapidly increasing right now didn’t by marriage will give worse to her carrier and will she continue with acting after married?” Chang Joo in his calm expression answered the question “A good question there, yes we have thinks about it but since she is under my company I will make sure this marriage will not jeopardize her carriers now and the future even after the marriage. Okay, any other question”

“Mr. Baek may I know who will be the MC and the blessing singer on your wedding, is it the wedding package of Yoo Jae Suk-shi and Kim Jong Kook-shi since they are close with Song Ji Hyo-shi?” one reporter asked and received a bright smile by Chang Joo before he replied “We have discuss it together and yes like you predict we want them but we not yet asked them ourselves but I think they might say yes since you know how closed they are with Ji Hyo-shi”

“I think the time already up, thank you for attending this conference and Mr. Baek Chang Joo congratulation on the marriage, congratulation also to Mr. Cheon Seong Man. Only two and half months from now we will watch the most glamorous wedding, can we predict it’s a wedding of the year? I, Kim Jung Hwa from SBS E! end the live broadcast. Kamsahamnida”

“Cut!”

*******

 

He with his future son in law walked together to the restaurant when suddenly he heard his phone rang. Answered the call, he can heard a panic from his wife voice “Yeobo, palli come home now Im-ah she is faint” Freighted with what he heard, quickly he told his daughter condition to Chang Joo and asked him to followed him but only the smirk on the face he received “Why should I go? I’m busy right now beside she is nothing to me” Felt shock with the CEO sudden expression and words he felt numb when the man continue his word in his serious tone “And for your info she is someone lover and never pregnant my child, don’t know if she really had pregnant his child”

“Then why are you lying and what with this Conference? Are you really wants to marry her,  no I won’t approve this marriage” he louder his voice even though some trembling can be heard in the sound, he can felt his hand is shake and he balled his fist to calm him down. “It’s because she and him make my life measurable, they give the pain in my heart and I want them to feels what they have done to me. I won’t forgive them until I get my revenge! The marriage still continues; you won’t approve it? You may do but I think you must know what the consequences you and your daughter might receive!” The CEO final word really gave him goose bump, he felt he can’t stand anymore; a regret, sad and shock all together in his mind even he clueless what his real emotion now, what he think is his daughter who is fainted at home and he strengthened himself to walk to his car.

**end of flashback**

 

And now in the car, with his wife and daughter at the backsit they are heading to the hospital.

 

******

 

C-JES Entertainment

 

Feel anger and shock with the current situation, Jong Kook runs to his car and drive to C-JES Entertainment but the security didn’t allow him to enter. Mad with the current situation, without thinking much and won’t care what might people think about him he grab the security collar and ask him to call Baek Chang Joo. In frightened with the muscular man who he is know much stronger than him the security takes his walkie talkie and talks to someone and the reply he received relieve him a bit. “Kim Jong Kook-shi, Mr. Baek ask you to come in”

After received the permission, Jong Kook runs to the elevator after saying his sorry word to the security, ashamed come in his mind but when thinking of Chang Joo his anger and impatient increasing, even he mad at the eleavator that he think moving slowly. Arrives at Level 12, in his fast walks he enter Chang Joo room when he found he already waited him on the crounch with cigarrate in his mouth. “Uoooh I didn’t expect you will come this fast, I just want to call you. So what your decision, would you want to be the blessing singer, I bet you will say no right since you will cry there” the smirk can be found in the CEO face and he surprise in hearing his last word.

“So you know that we are together? Why you doing this?!” still in his anger he walks to the CEO and then he grab to his collar but suddenly he knees on the floor with the watering eyes, forgot his own ego, don’t mind what he will be seen by Chang Joo in his eyes, don’t care how lame he might look, all he wants now for Chang Joo is to cancel the wedding and all he thinks now is his fiancé; Song Ji Hyo. “Please cancel the wedding, you know how precious her to me?”

“Hahahaha! Is this the Commander of Running Man who always shows his brave, I didn’t expect he will become this coward just because of love. No I won’t and I want you and her to suffer what I feel, I will make both your live DOOM!!” the CEO replies with the smirk on his face after push him to the floor. Fright with the harras, still on the floor feel regret with his past action he say “Just leave her alone, if you want to take your revenge just punish me. I’ll accept anything you do to me just don’t do anything to her” if he knows this thing might happen how he wish he reveal their relationship before, never his expect Chang Joo will take his revenge.

“You can say anything, but the decision is mine. Since there nothing to talk too, you may leave now!” then the CEO walks to his phone “Call the security”

“Don’t mind I know how to walks by myself” he cut the man words and slowly in his burden feeling and broken heart he walks exit the room and the building; all his strength just disperse and he feels really weak and lost, the pain in his heart is undiscribe it’s more than how he being cheated by his ex-girlfriend, more than how he being stabbed by his respectful manager. He wants to cry but the tears won’t flow, he wants to scream but his throat feel dry and sore and he want to chanting her name but he know it’s futile now.

In his drunken, he calls to her name and in his tears he walks to his car and drive heading to Ilsan. He misses her a lot, he wants to meet her and he wants to take her run from this miserable world. In his drive with the headache in his head and blurry eyes he can see a pair of lamp like a star with it loud sound coming towards him. “Honk…honk…”

 

Ji Hyo who is sleeping suddenly awaken when she have a bad dream. Aware where she was and remembering the incident before, she burst her cry while keep saying her lover name and her hand keep playing the locket of necklace at her neck. Slowly with the blank mind, she walks outside and climbs the emergency exit stairs until she reach the peak of the building. She can see the star and the full moon in his brightly light up in the sky and in her watery eyes she sees Jong Kook at the moon face. “Jagiya, wait there I will come to you” as she walks at the end edge of the building.