Chapter 11 : Gift

Twist of Fate

Kim Jong Kook’s home; Anyang

December, 2010.

 

Kim Jong Kook sitting alone doing nothing in his room. He looks at the alarm clock on the desk, its almost 2 a.m but he still don’t feel sleepy instead he want to do some music work but there no idea come from his brain; he feels lonely in his sitting right now. His parent who is beside his room already sleeping, the atmosphere was so quiet and cold.  Jong Kook looks outside through his window, he can see the snow falls right now ‘Oh, it’s must be really cold outside, it just like my heart right now’

After the incident, his relationship with Ji Hyo become closer than before, Ji Hyo already treat him like the others member even though he can still feel the awkwardness. Somewhat, he feel relieves all the problem had been solved and Ji Hyo not hated him anymore. They already become friend like what he always wanted too but sometimes he feels his heart wanted more than that. He didn’t know why but he can sense his heart feels different whenever he watches Ji Hyo with the other members. He knows the other male members have a feeling towards Ji Hyo; Gary frankly shows that he has interested in Ji Hyo, there also Joong Ki eventhough he is much younger than her and also HaHa. Ji Hyo herself eventhough she deny it, but he can sense she also has some feeling to HaHa. Thinking about that, Jong Kook feels empty in his heart, he didn’t know what the feelings; its jealousy, anger or hated as much as he want to deny the sweet feeling that slowly come to his heart whenever he thinks about Ji Hyo. ‘I can’t like her; it does will ruin my relationship with the others and also towards her. I want to be the best friend to them’

Didn’t know what to do, slowly Jong Kook standing from his sitting and walks to his bookshelf to do some reading. While searching the books his eyes captured the box which is kept at the upper of his bookshelf. His hand takes the box and opens the cover to watch contain inside. It’s the box which he kept save all the cards and letter he had receives from his fans. It’s a treasure box to him, more than thousand letters and cards there and Jong Kook feels it’s will take him a lot of time if he wants to re-read all of them. Then in sudden Jong Kook remembered one card that he kept in his work desk, putting back the box in his hand Jong Kook walk back to his desk and open the drawer. He search for the card and found it’s hidden behind his journal along with a photo. He re-read the unnamed cards and look at the photo. He really like the words contain in the card and the bouquet of flower in the photo; it’s give a strength to him. Since he can’t keep save the flower, he just take the photo of it as his memories towards the bouquet of carnation flower that he received during his surgery, the mystery gift from unknown person but he really treasure it a lot. It’s his favorite.

 

**********

 

December 22, 2010

 

Christmas almost come, Ji Hyo goes to Time Square today with her sister and brother shopping for the festive. Since she always busy with her schedule, she didn’t prepare herself and lots of present need to be buy today. Wearing a simple shirt and jeans, Ji Hyo also wearing a scarf, cap and glasses to disguise herself eventhough she can’t hidden the celebrity figure in her.

From one shop to one shop she went, but still she can’t search the suitable present to be given towards the members of Running Man. ‘Aish, it really difficult to search the gift for a man’

“Seong Gi, as a man what present that you always wanted to?” ask her to her brother, Cheon Seong-Gi

“Why Noona, you want buy a present for me? I want I-Pad”

“Aish, it’s not for you. It’s for the Running Man member. It’s really hard”

“Why so hard Noona, you just need to think what their favorite things or hobby. Men are simple, we accept any present given, even a simple one”

‘Their favorite things or hobby, but what it is? I really don’t know. Jong Kook oppa, Jae Suk sunbaenim, Suk Jin sunbaenim, Kang Gary, Ha Dong Hoon, Joong Ki and Kwang Soo. Arghh, I don’t know their favorite expect Jong Kook Oppa, I only know him, he like soccer, he like going to gym and he like sport but the others, oh my what it is?’ Ji Hyo regret to herself due to her lacking of knowledge each of the member.

Seeing her sister having hard time thinking, her sister Seong-Na feels sympathy to her. “Oppa, you make it getting complicated, how come Unnie knows what their favorite and hobby. Unnie, it’s a Christmas festival, you can just give them muffler scarf or gloves.”

“Yeah you’re right Seong-Na, why I didn’t think of it. Thank you my dongsaeng” Ji Hyo feels relieve and give a side hug to both her brother and sister. “Let’s go”

 “Unnie, I think this one suitable to Yoo Jae-Suk shi since he like green”

“Hehehe Seong Na, you also know him with green. That metugi Oppa”

While being searching the suitable scarf muffler to each member, Ji Hyo heard the boy crying. “Shhhhh,  don’t cry. Omma went to washroom, she will back soon”, one man holding a boy in his hand trying to coax his son from crying.  But, the boy starts to scream in his crying. Seeing the scene, Ji Hyo who likes children comes forward to the man.

“Sir, why with him?”

“Oh I don’t know he start to cry after my wife went to the washroom.”

“Sweetheart, why are you crying? Miss your Omma? Here Noona have sweet, take this. Don’t cry. You’re good boy right?” Ji Hyo tries to cajole the little boy by offering a sweet to him.

Persuaded by the sweet the boy stop crying and take the sweet from Ji Hyo. “Thank you miss for your help, I really don’t know what to do if you’re not around. My son really closed with my wife and usually he only hear what my wife saying, luckily you are here”

“It’s okay, don’t mention it. I really glad I can help you”

Not soon after, one woman comes forward to them. “What the matter, anything wrong while I’m missing?” Hearing the voice the boy run to the woman and hug her “Ommaaa!!”

“Oh my boy, are you crying. Missing Omma that much? Aigoo my cry baby”

Ji Hyo startled in her standing when seeing the woman face. The muffler she holding slips from her hand and drop on the floor. 

 

p/s : Can u all guess whose the woman? Well, double post again tonight :)