Chapter 26: To my friend

Twist of Fate

February 5, 2012

Ilsan

 

Exactly at 4.00 a.m, one car arrived at Ji Hyo house. Ji Hyo who is waiting at the living room rushly grabs her jacket and run to the door but she quite starled when she see the man figure in front the door. The man just greets her with his warm smile and says “Where your parents, can I meet them?”

“Why you need to meet my parents Oppa, they are sleeping now” Ji Hyo replies blankly. “Nothing, I just want to get their permission; it’s not nice to bring a girl outside without her parent concern” Jong Kook explaining his intention. “It’s okay Oppa, I already get their permission as what you ask me before. They know”. Hearing the words from Ji Hyo he feels releave, “In that case, lets go.”

Jong Kook’s car heading toward his destination and the driver just focus in his driving. Ji Hyo who is sitting beside keeps asking the man where his destination is, but the man just remain silent. The drive takes almost 35 minutes after they reach at Simhaksan Mountain, Paju. “Let’s go Ji Hyo-yah, or else we will be late” he said before getting out from his car. But, Ji Hyo just sit blankly at the passanger sit, didn’t show sign to get out. In sudden, Jong Kook walks to the door, open it and unbuckle the seat belt while Ji Hyo just seeing what the Commander done to her. Then, he grabs Ji Hyo’s hand and pulls her to get out from the car. “We need to make a stretching before we climb” said him while doing his stretching exercise. “Oppa, you mean we will climb this mountain. I don’t want Oppa, it’s quite high. My leg will be hurt”

Jong Kook just smiles hearing the word from the woman mouth. Then, he walks to Ji Hyo who is leaning at his car and stand facing her with both his hand hold to Ji Hyo’s arm. “It will not hurt you Ji Hyo-yah, instead you will be happy. It’s not that high, believe in me okay?” he said and giving his warm smile to Ji Hyo that melts her in seeing it. “Okay Oppa, I believe you, but if I feel hurt you will get your punishment” “Yes, maam” reply him with his military posture salute to Ji Hyo.

With using the touchlight that Jong Kook brings the climbing of Simhaksan Mountain is adventurous but still a pleasant experience especially to Ji Hyo. Sometimes, she feels a difficulty in climbing but Jong Kook always there to give help and its only take 20 minutes to reach the top and once they arrives the view of sunrise capture their eyes. “Oppa, it’s so beautiful. I like it very much. Daebak! Daebak!” Jong Kook just chuckle watching Ji Hyo while he also enjoying the dynamic screnery in front of him. “Ji Hyo-yah, lets sit here” he calls Ji Hyo to sit beside him. Ji Hyo then walk towards him sit beside and clings her arm with his while her head lean on Jong Kook shoulder. At first, Jong Kook quite amaze with what she did but he just leaves her be; small smile appear on his face. Ji Hyo also know what she done is not appropriate between  friends, but to be beside him is always her dream, she feel safe and protected when with him, sometime she wants to be pampered by him and she don’t care what might Jong Kook thinks about her.

“Ji Hyo-yah, you know why I bring you here and let you experience the climbing” Jong Kook speaks suddenly. Ji Hyo just remains silent in her sitting but Jong Kook can feel the shake of her head on his shoulder. “Ji Hyo-yah, I know you must having your hardest time now but I want you to know every hardship that you face you will gain a happiness in the end; just like today you get a hard time in climbing but in the end you gain this magnificient scenery. It’s also our life, remember everything happen had its own reason, just we don’t know what it is until we realize it later” 

“But Oppa, it’s easy for you to say when you not face it or even you didn’t know the problem” she sighed when saying that still her head lean on him. “Maybe I’m not facing it but I know your problem, it’s about your fan right?” said him while put his hand inside his jacket. Hearing his word, Ji Hyo raises her head from his shoulder and looks toward Jong Kook. “What are you saying Oppa, you know my problem? You’re mistaken here, it’s not because about my fan. It’s something else”

“If I don’t know can you share with me, we are friend right?” Jong Kook pretended in asking while trying to hook Ji Hyo to reveal her secret. “A-ni Oppa, I can’t tell you. Sorry, don’t ask me why, it’s complicated” Ji Hyo said in shaking; the memories of the bad tragedy slowly appear in her eyes. Seeing the sudden conflict in Ji Hyo, the Commander feels pity to her; he than wide his arm and wrap around her shoulder to ease the burden she facing now. “It’s alright Ji Hyo-yah, you don’t have to face the problem by yourself anymore, I’m always here by your side. We can solve it together, just trust in me” says him while his other hand slowly take one paper inside his jacket and put it on Ji Hyo hand. “What this Oppa?” Ji Hyo unfold the ruin paper with full of soletape to join it together. Her eyes widen when she saw the paper and no words come out from . She feels stupor in her sit.

“I’m sorry, if I’m being a stalker. It’s didn’t my intention to know your problem, but like I said before everythings happen had its own reason. Maybe God want me to know about your problem because he wanted me to help you” Jong Kook apologizing. Hearing the man word, Ji Hyo looks at his face “Oppa, you said you want to help me. What can you do with this, I don’t want you to involve in my problem. Maybe it’s just a coincidence you know my problem but I won’t let you, it’s dangerous. You don’t know who the person my CEO was”

“Ji Hyo-yah, maybe I don’t really know who he is but what I know he also a human like me, like you, like us and no body perfect in this universe. I’ll try my best in helping you. One more things, after this every problem that you’re facing, you can share with me, don’t keep it by yourself. Maybe I’m not a great solver but I’m a good listener and as a friend I’ll always be there with you, no matter how hard its will be, that my promise” Hearing the promises word from the man Ji Hyo can’t hinder her sadness, tears flow from her eyes. Jong Kook feel chaotic in seeing Ji Hyo cry in sudden, he grip Ji Hyo chin and wipe the tears in her eyes “Why you crying, I’m sorry if I hurting you, but please lets me help you”

But Ji Hyo didn’t stop from her cry instead she hug Jong Kook and lean her crying face on Jong Kook chest. He can feel his jacket getting wet with Ji Hyo tears but he didn’t know what to do as much he don’t know what in his word that make Ji Hyo feel really sad. “Mianhe Ji Hyo-yah” he repeated the word with his hand caresses Ji Hyo back to ease the burden in her while in the same time try to control his heart beating. Ji Hyo then raises her head and facing him before said “No need to apologize Oppa, your words make me touch” Jong Kook chuckle a bit hearing her word and pinch her cheeks “Uhhh, this cry baby, but can you share with me how this happen?”  

 

*******

 

Before taking Ji Hyo home, they have their breakfast together at the restaurant near Paju. Whilst in their breakfast, Ji Hyo asks Jong Kook what his planning in helping her.

“Ji Hyo-yah, first of all what we need is to get the original of this agreement” saying him after put the copy of the agreement on the table. “Like stated in paragraph 9, this agreement will be void only if the original agreement is ruin” But Oppa, it also stated here, both parties has the authority to cancel the agreement but with the concern of both parties” she pointing to paragraph 7 of the agreement. “But it will be happen if both parties agree to cancel the agreement, I don’t think your CEO will agree with this”

“Why you so sure Oppa, at least we try first. It’s much safe than to get the original agreement, how can we do that? It’s on his safety box at the office, no one know the password” Ji Hyo express her opinion. “A-ni, I know it’s very well. He won’t agree with it, can’t you think why he needs to come out with this idea if he can simply cancel it. To hinder Gary from distrurbing you, well many things can be done, this agreement didn’t need at the first place” he said and leaves her in the blank expression before she asking “Well if you smart enough what can be done to hinder Gary?”

“Well, I think you just need to talk to him directly. Maybe this is also the best way and the last choice but I think to advertise it in public is not an appropriate way, now you see what fans reaction and they dislike this relationship”

“It’s fake, but speaks directly to Kang Gary? Oppa, you really don’t know you dongsaeng that much. If by talks can solve this problem, this things will never happen. I already told him many times but he never listen” she reply back disagree with his opinion.

“Ji Hyo-yah, it’s because of you. It needs a man to man talk. Okay let’s forget about that and now focus to solve your problem. If you think you can persuade him to cancel the agreement you may do so but I think that is not the best option even though it’s easier” he said after taking his tea and look at Ji Hyo to see her expression. “I don’t think I can persuade him, it’s not easy to get in touch with him and I think I’m not dare to face him right now” after a sighed Ji Hyo answer to him. “So Oppa, what will you do to get the agreement?”

“Em, first of all I think I need to be there, I mean I need to enter your company first. Ji Hyo-yah did your company had any recording studio?” Jong Kook asks and received a nod by her. “Okay good, first problem solved, all I need is to enter your company by recording my song there for my next album and built a good connection with the people there while in the same time I can observe Baek Chang Joo” explain him before he add “But somewhat I think this agreement is fraud”

“Fraud! What you mean Oppa?” ask her in the curious sound. “Emm, I don’t know but I think something is not right with this agreement. Ji Hyo-yah did you have your job contract with you?”

“Ne Oppa, I’ve at home. Why you need it?” Ji Hyo asks again. “I don’t know yet but I need to see it. Don’t worry Ji Hyo-yah, I’ll help you. This problem will be solved one day, trust me” said him while his hand grip to Ji Hyo hand tightly.

 

p/s : One of my fav. song from Jong Kook Oppa "To my friend" ^^