Chapter 41 : Break up Formula

Twist of Fate

October 12, 2013

Ilsan

 

Ding…Dong…Ding…Dong

Cheon Seong Man is taking his rest due to his hectic job life at the living room when suddenly he hears the door bell ring. Take his long tired sigh; he walks to the door when he found Mr. Baek there standing with his wide smile. “Ahjussi, sorry for disturbing you” Nod a little to the man, he then welcome him to enter his house and called his wife to prepare a meal for the guest after asks him to sit on the crouch at the living room. “Is your business okay, now?” the guest asks him after taking his seat and with a little sigh he replied “Well, it much better now, thanks for your concern. By the way, what makes you come here is there anything regarding Seong Im emm I mean Ji Hyo?” 

“Yes, it regarding her but before I continue can we wait for your wife, she also needs to hear it” Chang Joo replies with his serious face that brings a curious to the father. By his word, he know something bad might happen to his daughter but still in his heart he prays for anything twist happen, while waiting for his wife in the kitchen preparing meal for them, his mind wonder what news that might be reveal by the man who sit in front him while keep remembering his precious daughter who is still on her holiday. He recall back their conversation yesterday on the phone, but she still looks fine and happy and he can’t sense any bad in her sound. ‘Cheong Im, is anything alright there?’

After a while, his wife enter the living room with a tray of meal on her hand and her bright smile as welcoming the CEO come to their house. “Mr. Baek please have a drink” she say and sit besides her husband “What make you come here? How your relationship with her now, but thanks to you she looks more happy now” his wife continue her talks still with her smile unknown that she already made a wrong judgment in Ji Hyo happiness and thanks a wrong person since she unknown who the real man in her daughter heart. Return back her smile and take a sip of the coffee the CEO reply “We are happy together, actually I come here because of this” the serious tone can be heard again in the CEO sound.

Lower the face like having a guilty feeling in his heart and hiding his smirk smile, Chang Joo continues his talks to the eldest in front. “Ahjussi, Ahjumma sorry if this news will make you shock and mad but I think I need to reveal it even though Ji Hyo refuse. As a man I think I need to tell you and as a parent I think you need to know” he stop his word and see the eldest who is watching him with a curious in their face before he continue “She didn’t know I’ve come today, but after a deep thinking I know this is the best solution we have”

“What it is Mr. Baek, please tell us” his wife hastily asks and received a grab in her hand by him in asking her to be patience. Suddenly the man stand and then knee to them which give a shock to the couple, still in his face down he continue his word “Ahjussi, Ahjumma I know Ji Hyo-shi job just got better now and with her current condition it’s not right for her to married now, but as a responsible man, also for her carrier I wants to marry her and please allow me to marry her”

“Please just stand Mr. Baek but I confuse you said at this current condition it’s not right for her to get married than why you wants to and what about this married come with her carrier?” still in his curious mind, he ask but the man who is still in his knee just give his long sigh “Mianhe, mianhe it’s because of the baby, Ji Hyo-shi is pregnant. Ahjussi, Ahjumma please forgive me it’s just happen suddenly but I’ll be responsible” a sob can be heard from the man voice once he ended his word, but he still can’t face the eldest until he feel the hit on his shoulder.

“Im-ah pregnant?! Oh my how can you do this to us, how could you, how could you” rashly the woman with a shock expression on her face runs to Chang Joo and give a hit to his shoulder, the news really make her heartbroken and she can’t accept the news. Her daughter is pregnant before married; it will bring ashamed to their family. A stream already flows in her face and like a crazy woman she continues his hit to the man until suddenly she collapsed on the floor. “Anae” “Ahjumma”

After half an hour, the wife conscious from her faint and seeing her husband sitting beside on the floor with his pretended smile. Still remembering the news before, she continues her cry and rashly her husband grab her to his hug. “Its okay, its okay anything will be fine if we keep it as a secret, just now she need to married soon before the baby in the womb grow, it’s still new. Tomorrow we will make a conference regarding the marriage and as Chang Joo request please keep it a secret from Im-ah”

 

October 13, 2013

At 9.20 a.m waving their goodbye to the old lady, both Jong Kook and Ji Hyo held back to her house but Jong Kook seems really nerve now in his driving. No words come from his mouth make Ji Hyo who is sitting beside feels symphatize to him, she know how he might be feeling as much as she already experience it before. In their planning, today they will reveal their relationship to Ji Hyo’s parents and get bless for their engagement.

In her sit, laying herself on the sit she turn her body towards him and continually watch him while her hand keep playing with his hair, she wants to ease his nerve feelings right now. She really loves him a lot and she can’t imagine living without him. A tear drop from her face when thinking how grateful she is for having him in her life but in immidiate she wipe the tears afraid he will noticed it. “Baby, why with you? Why are you crying?” she clueless a bit in hearing the question as she can’t believe how sharp her fiancé be but she ashamed to answer him, only the slow hum and a shake she reply in telling him it’s nothing. Unknowing what her emotion right now, Jong Kook then hold to her hand and bring it into his face before he give his long kiss there. On her hand he can see the diamond ring that he gives still happily wrap around her ring finger.

“Ji Hyo-yah, will you parent mad with me since I’m proposed without their concern and beside we never reveal our relationship to them” he said in his nerve voice. Ji Hyo laugh a bit hearing his question, naughty thinking appears in her mind but looking at his face make she feels symphatize “Don’t worry Oppa I know my parents well they won’t bite people, I know they will accept as long as their daughter happy. Moreover who is crazy enough to reject the best candidate for son in law?” and a man beside has his bright smile along their journey.

Arrives at her house and with the luggage in his hand they walks together towards the door and ring the bell but nobody answering. Her house also look quite and empty and she found that her father’s car nowhere to be seen. Grab her mobile she tries to call her parent but no answering her received. “Jagiya, I think Appa and Omma are outside and don’t know when they will be back. I think better if you move first, maybe we can meet them the other time, I will try talk to them first” With a long sigh to ease his feelings, Jong Kook just nod to her request and walks to his car. Enter his car; share their goodbye kisses then Jong Kook drives leaving the place. Remembering something, she search for a key that is hidden under the vase and she make a relieve smile once she found it. With the key she unlocks the door and enters her house when she found her Omma is sleeping at her room and she looks weak and sick. Feels worried she enter her mom’s room and found out her mom had a fever once she places her palm into her forehead, but her gesture awakens her mom from her sleep. “Omma, I already back” With a wide smile, she greets to her mom but only received a smirk by her and a slap on her face.

“Omma, why you slap me, what wrong I have done?” clueless with her mom behavior in her cry she asking but her mom with a fierce turn her face. Feel worried with her mom she runs to her and grab to her feet but her mom push her aside until she drops on the floor. “I don’t want to see you, get out...get out!” Stubbornly and ignore the request she knees again and asking for forgiveness even though she still clueless in her wrong doing. “I can forgive you just get rid of the child. Don’t bring me ashamed” her mom fiercely sound voice shock her a bit and questioning her. “Child…, what are you talking about? I can’t understand?”

“Don’t pretended Im-ah, I know what had happened your boyfriend already told us. You’re pregnant before marriage, why you bring ashamed to me. Why? Why?” Frozen with her mom word and unbelieve she runs to her mom who is still in her cry and give her hug “Omma, believe me I’m not pregnant, I’m still and don’t lie to me he will not do this, I know him well Jong Kook Oppa not like that” 

“Jong Kook… Kim Jong Kook, what with him in this problem?” the mom question blankly after heard the word from her daughter. “Mweh, it’s not Jong Kook Oppa, who are you talking Omma? Sorry I didn’t tell you before but he is my lover, no he is my fiancé and he had proposed me yesterday” she say while showing the ring to her mom. “Didn’t your boyfriend is Mr. Baek Im-ah?” Didn’t seem excited with the news since she is still cluesless her mother ask, her tone is becoming normal now. “Ani Omma, we never date yes maybe once but it’s fake” and she continue with her story that had happen two year before. “Oh my, what happen here, so that mean Mr. Baek is lying? Oh no the conference, Im-ah palli call your Oppa now”

Impetuously Ji Hyo calls her father number but no reply she received. Continuously she tries but still her father didn’t pick up the call. Feeling nerve like her daughter, the mother grabs a remote control and turns on the television and numb when seeing her husband on the screen together with Baek Chang Joo having their conference. From behind she can hear her daughter word “Andwe…andwe, Jagiya…Jong Kook Oppa” before she collapsed on the floor with a ringing on her mobile.

Meanwhile, Jong Kook who in his drives to his home at Anyang stops by to his office when he notices his staff gather together watch the television. Feeling curious he joins them but then within a second he runs to his office and with his shaking hand busy calls his fiancé number while his mind keep recall the conference. “No…No… it can’t be… it can’t be happen… Baby… please answer the call…answer it…ANSWER IT!!!” his range voice appear and the tears already flow on his face together with his panic sweat.