Chapter 24 : I know

Twist of Fate

December 1, 2011.

Private bar at Seoul

 

“Oppa, why this world too cruel…Hik” Ji Hyo said when hearing the man voice on the line. “Ji Hyo-yah what are you saying? Are you drunk?” the man who still in his sleepy replied to her. He looks at the clock on the desk, it’s almost 12.30 a.m.  “Oppa, I ask you first..Hik. You must answer it” Ji Hyo babbling again towards the man. “No, Ji Hyo-yah, this world not cruel, we the one who make it cruel. Ji Hyo-yah where are you?” the man ask her again.

“Yah! Come here, talk to him where I’m now” Ji Hyo called the bartender since she can’t remember the place. The bartender then take her mobile and talk with the man, after 10 minutes he return back the phone to her. “Yah, you know hik who are you talked to hik” Ji Hyo ask, sometimes she hiccup in her talk. “Don’t know miss” said the young bartender. “Sit here I’ll tell you hik” she called the bartender and requests him to sit beside her. “You see this phone; he is the number 5 of my speed dial. You know why he is number 5?” ask her again but just received a shake from the bartender. “Hehe hik you don’t know. Look carefully here, didn’t number 5 is the centre of the number 1 until 9. In our body what is the centre?” and the young bartender put his palm on his chest where the heart there. Seeing the reply Ji Hyo nod to his answer. “So that means that man is your boyfriend?”

Hearing the word boyfriend Ji Hyo grab the glass of beer on the table and drink it before she reply. “A-ni, he is my love, but he is not my boyfriend”. The young bartender curious in her answer then he ask“If you love him, why you didn’t make him your boyfriend? Is he dumps you, and make you like this?”

“Yah, I can’t be with him because I’ve a boyfriend eventhough it’s hik fa..hik..ke” Ji Hyo said but the bartender mishear her word from fake to fat. ‘What wrong if he is fat?’ “If you love him, why you had other man as your boyfriend?” ask the young bartender, somewhat he like to hear her problem. “That why I said the world is cruel hik, but my Oppa said the world not cruel hik hik it’s us who made it cruel hik. He is clever right?” Ji Hyo still babbling expresses everythings in her mind. Then she grabs again the glass and the bottle of beer on the desk but both are empty. “Hey you, bring me another beer”

“No miss, you already drunken. I can’t let you have another. You oppa also had remind me not to give you any” the young bartender refuse her request. “Yah! Just give me; you know how hurt I was? You don’t know my problem?” but the bartender just keep Ji Hyo in her own words. 

Not soon after, two men enter the private club and walks faster to Ji Hyo. “Ji Hyo-yah why you been like this? Who make you become like this?” Hearing the man voice, in rush Ji Hyo stand and walked towards the man and hug him. “Jong Kook Oppa, you’ve come. Why so late hik?”. Jong Kook surprises a bit with her unexpected hug but he just lets Ji Hyo cling on his body. “Ji Hyo why you become like this?” he repeated back his question but Ji Hyo just stand silently in her hug.  Received no reply from the woman, Jong Kook looks at Ji Hyo face, her eyes was closed. ‘I talks to myself, she already sleep’

“Gap Jin, lets go. Help me to piggyback her, hold her for a second” Jong Kook said before he release Ji Hyo’s arm from his waist and turn his body and piggy back Ji Hyo. Then, he walks to the young bartender, “It’s you who called me earlier, thank you. But please lets it secret what had happen here and also anything she might do or tell you” The young bartender just nod agree with Jong Kook request ‘So this is the person that she love, Song Ji Hyo-shi love Kim Jong Kook-shi’ “Kim Jong Kook-shi, you left this” the young bartender rush to Ji Hyo sitting place and then run back to Jong Kook with Ji Hyo’s handbag in his hand. “Oh, gomapda” Jong Kook nod to the young bartender before he left the private bar with his manager.

“Gap Jin, I think we need to send her home, I’ll drive her car while you drive mine” said Jong Kook while seach his car key in his pocket and lend it to his manager. “Can you drive it Jong Kook. It’s takes an hour to drive from here to Ilsan, and it’s quite late now, you must been tired from your hectic activity today. Let’s just drive your car and left her car here, tomorrow we can ask somebody to drive her car back” Gap Jin worried towards the Commander word, before this Jong Kook also the one who drive them here and pick him at his home. “It’s okay Gap Jin, I’m fine, I already sleep before. We can’t leave her car here, if it caught by paparazzi it’s will be worsen” “Arasso Jong Kook, if you feel sleepy just take a rest”

Then Jong Kook with Ji Hyo at his back walks to Ji Hyo’s car which is park beside his car. Take the car key inside her handbag, he open up the passanger door but quite starlet when he sees the car inside. Leftover tissues are everywhere in the car, at the dashboard, sits and even at the car backsit. Drop Ji Hyo at the sit after pick up some tissue, Jong Kook then pick up the left over tissue at her feet. Gap Jin who can see Jong Kook being busy with Ji Hyo’s car walks to him. “What are you doing, Jong Kook. Why not leave already?”

“Aah Gap Jin, I clean up this messy first. I can’t stand it, can you please find me the plastic bag” Gap Jin leave him to the nearest 24-hours convenience store before come back with two plastic bags in his hand. “Lets me help you” said him and open the car backsit to clean up there. Jong Kook just smile with his manager offer and then walks to the driver sit where it messier there. Not just a leftover tissue but the sit full with the torn pieces of paper. “Ji Hyo-yah, what really had happen to you?” ask him to the woman who is sleep beside.

Jong Kook pick the torn of paper and put it inside the plastic bag until he notice one torn of paper with Ji Hyo signature in there. ‘Omo, what really had happen?’ Jong Kook amaze when see the paper and he look at Ji Hyo. Then in hurry, he searches the torn of paper around the place and inside the plastic bag; collect it all before he put it inside his zipped jacket pocket and seal it there.

With the used of GPS and her address at her Identity Card, Jong Kook drives to Ji Hyo house since he never goes to her house before. Sometimes he glare to Ji Hyo who is sleeping beside, he can feel the sweet feelings inside his heart when being together with Ji Hyo. ‘Why you also look pretty even when you are drunk?’

After sending Ji Hyo and Gap Jin at their house, Jong Kook rushly goes to his room and sit on his working desk. ‘I’m not a stalker right?’ he thinks feel guilty after put the entire torn of papers from his jacket on the desk. But the curiosity is more, it’s takes him almost an hour to joint the torn of paper altogether, he really focus on his work until he didn’t notice it already dawn outside. “Oh my God! What is this?!” shock him after read the words inside the paper.