Chapter 43: The Parting You Want

Twist of Fate

Honk….Honk…. “Jagiya, don’t leave me”

Jong Kook hears her voice in his mind make him wakeup from his sleep headed mind, automatically he pull the steering hard to the right side and break at the roadside. He can hear his breath hardness and he feels thankful to God for still give him a chance. He burst his long cry there before he continues his journey.

“Ji Hyo-yah what are you doing?” One hand pulls her from behind. “Omma, I want to go there, Jong Kook Oppa waiting me there” she says while pointing to the moon. “No, Ji Hyo-yah no, it’s not Jong Kook” watery can already be seen in her mother eyes “Omma, why are you lying. Don’t you see him? He is there. Wait Jagiya, I will come” she tries to release from her mom hug.

Pang!!!  “Ji Hyo comes to your sense!” The slap in her face realizes her from her nut “Omma, why I’m here and why are you here? Why are you crying?” but only the hug she received from her Mom.

 

October 14, 2013

 

As usual on Monday they will film Running Man, Ji Hyo arrives at the filming location with a shade on her eyes. Seeing her coming all the clueless members run to her.

“Ji Hyo-yah what with this wedding?”…. “Ji Hyo-yah what happen between you two?”…. “Ji Hyo-yah, don’t you say you really love Jong Kook hyung?”…. “Ji Hyo-yah is you try to fool around?”…. “Ji Hyo Noona, why are you hurt Jong Kook hyung?” Like a bullet she hear the question from all the man but she didn’t care as well as she didn’t know who and which question they are given. “Stop it! Where is Jong Kook Oppa?” like an exploded bomb she ask the others. “He not arrived yet” they say before continue again with their question “Arrggghhh!!!”

Not soon after, Jong Kook comes to the location also with the shade. Seeing his figure all the nagging members run to him when their entire question before only received a silent by Ji Hyo with her hand covering her ear but Ji Hyo is faster than them. Before they can open their mouth to vomit their bullet question rashly she grab Jong Kook hand and pull him away from their question battle field.

“Ji Hyo-yah just let me go” suddenly the man behind her say make she stop their walk and slowly she turn her back to facing him. “What are you saying, Jagiya?” Jong Kook gives his long sigh before he walks to corner of the building with his back facing her. “Just let me go Ji Hyo-yah, we are not meant to be together”

“What are you talking Oppa, I know you just kidding right?” she run to his front and try to hug him but Jong Kook push her aside. “Jagiya, don’t be like this. We are meant to be together, we can get married. Let’s run Oppa, run and going abroad and we married there. We bring Eomeonim and Abeonim too” she says while still trying to hold his hand.

“Ji Hyo-yah, can you just accept it. We are not fated to be together, your destiny is him not me. God had created you for him not me, why with you? Why you so stubborn, why you so stupid, why you keep bugging me? I’m sick with you and your attitude!!” and he feels a slap on his face.

“Yah Kim Jong Kook! Why with you? Don’t you say you will be protecting me; you will be beside me always? Where all your promises? Don’t you say you will always love me forever? I hate you!!” like a bomber she explode her word after give him a slap, a tears already flows in her eyes but the man just remain silent and leave her behind.

 ‘Just hate me baby, hate me if that can make you forget me and be happy with him. I’ll always love you and you will be my forever love’ Like her he also cry in his heart, he want to hug her back when she hug him, in his brain he also wants to run together with her, seeing her crying he wants to run to her to cajole her and say his sorry words, but he knows he need to hold it, he must shows that he is strong enough to face it, he don’t mind if she will hate him forever, he don’t care if the others think he is coward in protecting their love and he willing to be hurt if that can bring the smile back in her.

“Jae Suk hyung, I want to talk to you” Jong Kook walks to the National MC and calls him while the others looks at him with the questioning face before all of them run to Ji Hyo to comfort her. “Are you sure you want to do that?” and a nod received by the Commander.

And the filming postponed after Ji Hyo runs from the location, meanwhile Jong Kook just sit silently on the ground with his injured face after been hit by Gary while the others try to calm them.

 

******

 

***Flashback***

Slept in his car, Jong Kook awakens when heard the knock on the window. Opened his eyes with the familiar view in front of him, in slow his hand turned down the window when he can saw Ji Hyo’s father there with his shocked face. As he also feel shocked with their sudden met, he bowed to the man but he felt ashamed when he realized how he looked right now. He looked really messy and his body full with alcohol smelt. “Kim Jong Kook-shi? It’s you?” he can hear the old man said with his curious and blanked face.

The old man who just exited his house felt curious when he saw one car parked in front of his house. The car looked familiar to him since he had saw it many times fetched and dropped off his daughter. Thought it was her daughter’s driver car he walked to the car to tell the driver that her daughter absented but he shocked when he saw the man inside the car. Known the relationship of the young man with his daughter from his wife, he bowed back to him and he can saw his sorrow and pitiful looked and he felt sympathized and guilty to him. “Kim Jong Kook-shi come to my house, I wants to talk something to you”

Walked together entered the house, Jong Kook sat on the crouch as the old man asked before he walked to the kitchen but after 5 minutes  he entered back with a cup of hot lemon tea in his hand. “Have a drink I hope it can bring some fresh”. With some nerved and ashamed feeling Jong Kook took a sip of the drink while the man in front just looked at him with his smiled face before ha said “Why both of you hide your relationship from us?”

Surprised with the sudden question of the old man he almost spilled the tea in his hand. “Mianhe Ahjussi, actually I really wants to tell and meet you but time always not be friend with me” in his down face he replied to him while recalled his hardens time in meeting the old man. Actually after his birthday, they had planned many times to met Ji Hyo’s parents but it would be canceled since the old man busy with his work as a businessman, additional with their hectic job as a celebrity.

“Kim Jong Kook-shi I know you love her so much and because of that can you help me?” he just nodded in replied the old man “Anything Ahjussi I will help you and Ahjussi sorry I ask, can you cancel the wedding and where is Ji Hyo-yah?” a curious face can be seen in him make the old man chuckle a bit “That what I want you to help me, as your love to my daughter…” the eldest stop a while before he continue “Could you break up with her?”

“No Ahjussi, I can’t lose her and I won’t break up with her. Ahjussi please cancel the wedding” with his bow to the old man he request it, he knows only him can cancel the wedding now since Ji Hyo couldn’t do that as it will bring ashamed to her father. “Sorry Jong Kook-shi I can’t, maybe its look selfish but can you think what the consequence to Ji Hyo if we cancel the wedding, how about her carrier, what can Chang Joo do to her since she still under his company and what humiliated we may received when people know we cancel the wedding, we broke the promise just because of you and could you able to faced it too and what about your family and career. It already spill and sorry I can’t corrected it back even though in my mind I more prefer you to be my son in law”

In a sob, he sat down in shock after realize the consequence she may received, he felt ashamed in himself for being selfish, he knows how precious her carrier to her like him, what can Chang Joo do to her and how ashamed she may received if Chang Joo brings ruckus about the wedding cancelation and with Chang Joo who had everything in his life he knows he can do anything if the wedding is cancel; with his power he may brought the cancelation to the legal judgment. “Sorry Jong Kook-shi just accept it as a fate from the God, maybe this is what the people say a twist of fate”

 

********

 

Arrived at his home, without greeted his parent the Commander walked towards his room, locked it and burst his cry in front of the door. Tired in cried he then walked to the bathroom and took his unusual long shower that gave his mother worried before he locked himself again in his room. Didn’t care of his health, didn’t mind with his stomach that kept growl he just lay on the bed with his broken heart, sometimes he will hold his chest when he felt the pain in his heart and felt tired he slept with his long sorrow.

After his most 5 hours slept, he rang to someone with some help from his manager in search the phone number. “Chang Joo-shi, I will break up with her and make she hate me, I also will accept any punishment you wants to give me and I won’t complain but please don’t hurt her and treat her well”

‘Ji Hyo-yah baby, even though I can’t be yours but I’ll always protect you just like an umbrella’

***end of flashback***

 

Three days after headline of the news appears on the net and papers

‘Bride to be Song Ji Hyo takes her temporary leave and the wedding package ‘Yoo Je Suk & Kim Jong Kook’ confirms to be the MC and blessing singer for the wedding.