Chapter 2 : Towards a Dream

Twist of Fate

 

Song Ji Hyo’s home, Ilsan

 

“Yawboseyo…” Ji Hyo who was in a sleep awake by the disturbing of her phone call.

“Ji Hyo-yah, what a sleephead you’re. It’s almost 6 p.m, you still sleeping” her manager voice startled in shock. “Anyway, I’m just received a call from Running Man PD. They invited you again to be the guest for next episode. Are you okay with it? Oh yeah they also thinking to make you as a permanent member. What you think of this?”

“Emm… Oppa, be a guest in next episode is OK with me, but to be permanent member? Meaning only me the only girl there, no way Oppa I’ll be death in shyness there. Anyway I don’t really know about variety show”

“I think it’s OK for you to try it and a platform for you to widen your career. Anyway Jae Suk-sunbaenim is there. I’m sure you can learn a lot from him later. But anything it’s your decision, just think about it first”

“Arasso Oppa .. Bye.

After the calling ended, Ji Hyo who still in her bed keeps thinking regarding the offer. She really wants to be in Running Man again, but to be the permanent member she feel awkward.  Furthermore, her relationship with all the cast not really closed except Joong Ki and Kwang Soo since they both are in the same industries. But, by being in Running Man and get closed to Jong Kook is her dream but with the previous meeting in Running Man sometimes she hesitate her decision.

‘That Kim Jong Kook, did he not remember me at all, how come he not even greets me even once. By the way, I’ll look to his reaction with me later. His reaction will determine my decision’.

 

*********

 

A day flowing really fast, today is another filming of Running Man. Ji Hyo who is really determined with her decision is on the way to the filming location. Since she knows Kim Jong Kook is shy around woman, she even thinking to get close and talking to him first.

“Kim Jong Kook secret mission, here I go. Hwaiting Ji Hyo!”

Jong Kook who was on the way to the filming, suddenly received call from Haha.

“Hyung, I heard today filming Song Ji Hyo will be the guest again, and I also heard that the PD are thinking to make her as a permanent member”

“Really, Song Ji Hyo-shi. Waa she is Jjang. It’s good to have her to be permanent member, but it’s not confirmed yet right?”

“Ah Hyung, why you seem happy hearing her name. You really want her to be permanent member that much. Hyung, are you like her?”

“Dong Hoon-ah doesn’t be like that. How come I like her, even we didn’t talk to each other last week, come to your sense, or it is you who like her Dong Hoon-ah?” Jong Kook refusing in shyness. Actually, right now he was really embarrassed by his action. He was so happy to hear the rumors, frankly he even hope that it not just a rumors.

“No Hyung , not even a bit. Ok Hyung, I’ve arrived, meet you later”

 

*******

 

Gwancheon National Science Museum, Gyeonggi-do

July18, 2010

 

One by one Running Man’s cast come to the location. Ji Hyo who comes later, founds  that all the Running Man’s cast has been there except Jong Kook and Joong Ki which she can’t help but thinking either Jong Kook come for today filming or not. 10 minutes later, Kim Jong Kook arrives and Ji Hyo feel happy and relieve with his appearance. She still can do her mission today.

“Have to let you know that among this people here, there a few who like you a lot” said Jae Suk

“Haha Hyung, what are you doing” Joong Ki ask Haha when he saw Haha weird acting.

“Nothing, nothing. I’m so nervous and tension. Hyung, didn’t we talk about this just now?” Haha diverting the attention to Jong Kook.

“Jong Kook is lonely” said Ji Suk Jin

“Jong Kook hyung always matchmakers in variety shows” Haha add.

‘Oh my, what with this matchmakers, I’m too old for that’ mumbling Jong Kook. “I can’t be like that”

“Only date while filming”, “But it ends when filming finished” both Jae Suk and Ji Suk Jin keep teasing this muscle man.

“Hey Jong Kook, look here for a while” said Ji Suk Jin asking Jong Kook to look at Ji Hyo.

Without hesitate, Jong Kook looks to Ji Hyo with his smile, suddenly both of their eyes meets.

Ji Hyo who feels shock and shy with the sudden contact, rashly avoid by turns her face to other direction with a shy smile.

‘Kim Jong Kook, you’re killing me. You only looking and smile to me but I can feel this butterflies in my stomach right now? How come I face you today but I want to be close to you’ her fangirl mind speaks.

Not soon after, the guest; Nickhun and Jessica arrived and the filming started. Both Jong Kook and Ji Hyo are in the different team.