Jealousy

Baby Story II

3pm, in the living room

Kiss?!

He kissed a girl?!

 

 

I gripped my laptop screen.

Apparently I didn’t get a certain memo. I knew there was going to be a drama version of the music video. I filmed for it, for goodness’s sake. I knew that Luhan and Kai were the main characters. But no one told me that Kai was going to have a KISS SCENE! WITH A GIRL?!

I had never really been jealous of anyone or anything. Not when I didn’t get lunchboxes the way parents packed for their children that went to my school. Not when I didn’t get any pocket money to spend. Not when I couldn’t get a handphone like my peers did. Not when I didn’t have the loving parents that all my classmates had. Not even then. I had always thought that jealousy is the result of one's lack of self-confidence, self-worth, and self-acceptance. I taught myself to accept and adapt to my situation from a very young age.

I’d never been jealous before I met Jongin. And it burnt. Like silver through my veins. Watching the teaser clip on repeat, I thought it would drive me mad. I gripped the laptop screen till my knuckles turned white. A tiny voice in my head tried to remind myself that it was work; it was professional. It was just a scene in a drama. It was just acting… But jealousy blurred my focus. I had an entire plan formulating in my head. I was going to sneak into the SM building tonight and destroy that tape. Then I was going to hunt down that girl and….

I threw my laptop on the bed and stormed to Jongin’s room where he was playing with the twins.

“Jongin.”

“Hm?” He continued to play with the babies, shaking toys in front of them and making weird noises.

“Jongin.” I tapped my foot on the floor.

“What?” He threw me a look and went back to playing with our sons.

“I saw the teaser today.”

“Ok?”

“How is it that there is a kiss scene?”

 “It just happened,” he shrugged, hardly even throwing a glance at me.

“Earthquakes just happen. Tornadoes just happen. Your lips does not just happen to fall into some other girl’s cheeks! Those lips are mine!” I all but shrieked. The twins stopped playing to stare at me incredulously.

His eyes looked casually at my face, down to my feet then flicked back to my face.

"Are you jealous?" His left eyebrow rose ever so slightly.

 

 

 

 

“No!” I said defiantly, crossing my arms over my chest.

He placed the twins in their play pen and leaned on the edge of the play pen. He folded his arms and just stared at me, with one eyebrow up disbelievingly. I started to grow uncomfortable under his gaze.

“Fine! Yes, I am jealous. A little bit.” I squirmed under his scrutiny, “Alright alright. I am mighty jealous.”

He just chuckled.

 

And walked out of the room.

Ha. He was just walking away from our conversation.

“Come back here, young man. We are not done with this talk.”

 

I stalked him as he walked to the living room and sat down on the couch. As he reached for the remote control, I stood right in between him and the television.

“Jongin. I am not happy about it.” I stood there with my arms still crossed, “When in a relationship, a real man won’t make me jealous of others; he makes others jealous of me instead!”

“Come on, Kyungie. It was acting. Just a scene. I don’t even know that girl’s name.” He shrugged nonchalantly.

“You could have told me.”

“I forgot.”

“You forgot.”

“Yup.”

“So it wasn’t that big of a deal to you.”

“It was just a peck on the cheeks.”

“Just? How could you be so indifferent about it?”

“Because there is nothing to get hyped up about. You are just over-thinking things.”

“Fine. So it doesn’t really matter then if I go to SM now and find, hm let’s see, maybe SNSD and give them ALL a peck on their cheeks.”

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jongin’s POV

Something in me snapped.

The kiss scene wasn’t even my idea. It wasn’t in the script; that was why Kyungie didn’t know anything about it. It was more of a spur of a moment thing that the director felt appropriate. I simply followed the directions the director gave me. Kyungie only stayed to film his part before he rushed back to the dorm to look after Jungwoo and Dongwoo. So he wasn’t there when I filmed that scene. Not telling him, that was my fault though. By the time I had wrapped up the filming process, I was so tired that I just crashed when I reached the dormitory. So I didn’t tell him that day. Honestly speaking, I would have completely forgotten about the kiss scene if he hadn’t brought it up today.

But to go to the extent of giving all nine members of SNSD a kiss on the cheek? Especially how much the SNSD members doted on him, I just saw green. Kyungie was MINE!

I shot up from my seat on the couch and grabbed his shoulders. He didn’t move, nor did he flinch. He just stare boldly back at me.

“Don’t you dare,” I growled.

“Welcome to the wonderful world of jealousy. You’ll get a splitting headache, a nearly irresistable urge to commit murder, and an inferiority complex,” he said sarcastically.

 What could I say to that? The way he was looking at me was making my head feel funny. It snapped my brain back into focus. I rolled my eyes and took his hand. My hand was hard and calloused, tough with muscle while his was soft and smooth like baby’s skin.

 “You’re . . . ,” I began, and he waited; I could almost hear his heart throbbing in his throat. “Such a pain,” I concluded.

 “And I guess she was not,” he whispered.

“No,” I agreed, “She was not. She never caused me this agony.”

“Wha----“

I leaned in, my mouth just mere centimetres from his.

“But she never made me want to remember her name. And the kiss she got will never compare to the one you will be getting now.”

My head swooped in and his mouth touched mine. He tried to speak, but one of my hands held the back of his head, and I kept my lips pressed against his, kissing him softly but with determination.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyungsoo’s POV

Oh, jeez, I thought distractedly. Jeez, this was Jongin, and me, and… He tilted his head to kiss me more deeply, and I felt totally lightheaded. Then I remembered to breathe through my nose, and the fog cleared a tiny bit. Somehow our bodies were pressed together, his arms around me now, his hands flat against my back.

It was incredible. I loved it. I loved him.

 

 

It was a total disaster.

Sighs.

I could never be angry with him.

Not when he pulled out all his charms like this.

~

So I decided to wear couple outfits with Baek today.

And man was Jongin not happy about it.

His face when he first saw what I wore matched Baek’s clothes was priceless. His face turned red and anger was like the wind that blew out the lamp in his mind. He was so mad that he didn’t even utter a word, just shooting daggers at me with his eyes. I snickered. His face a look of betrayal and frustration, he sulked all the way to the airport.

 

 

 

Oh my sweet sweet revenge. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Leave a comment ^^