Trouble

Baby Story II

 

Baekyeol's POV
 
In the park
 
Kyungsoo's words were ringing in my head. 
 
I took a deep breath of the cool fresh air that surrounded me. 
 
Trust was indeed the most basic foundation of a relationship. Did I trust my Yeollie? Sure, I did. What was there not to trust? Being a member of an idol group didn't grant us a lot of freedom to do anything anyways. 
 
I knew he hardly left the dormitory on his free days, preferring to stay at home with his computer games. I knew he was a messy kid who hated to clean or do any household chores. I knew his weird sleeping habits. I knew....
 
And then suddenly I realized I didn't know a lot about him. And there I was, thinking that I knew him best. 
 
I didn't know his family or how many siblings he had. I didn't know a single thing about his childhood. I didn't know whether he had any other hobbies other than computer games. I didn't know what kind of student he was. I didn't know what kind of friends he had or hung out with. 
 
 
The list of things I didn't know went on and on, way longer than the list of things I knew. 
 
But I knew he loved me.
 
That should be enough. 
 
 
 
Right? 
 
 
As I walked through the park, my head was filled with doubt and uncertainty about my future with Yeollie. I couldn't help but compare my relationship with him and the love that Kyung and Jongin shared. How vast the differences were. 
 
Anyone could see the love in Jongin's eyes when he looked at Kyungsoo. He was always putting Kyungsoo's needs before his. And Yeollie... He was.....
 
 
 
 
In the park?!
 
 
I saw a man sitting on the bench that looked awfully similar to the back view of my Yeollie. The same cropped black hair and tall lean frame. And beside him was....
 
A woman. 
 
My heart dropped as I watched Chanyeol reach across to grasp the woman's hand in his. His body slanted sideways to face the woman and give her his full attention. 
 
I wanted to leave. To run away. To escape from the scene. But my feet were frozen to the ground and refused to move. So I stood there, watching from the back as Chanyeol and the woman continued to talk. I felt my eyes started to water and angry hot tears began to stream down my face. 
 
 
 
 
 
Trust?
 
 
A heaping pile of shattered mess. 
 
 
I watched as Chanyeol started to lean forward. I must have gasped because both Chanyeol and the woman turned around to face me. 
 
I saw the shock on his face and the questioning look on the woman's face as they registered my presence. 
 
Deciding that I had had enough of this, I quickly turned around and ran in the opposite direction. I tripped over a tree root sticking out and grazed my palms but I didn't care. I just had to get out of there as quickly as possible. I heard Chanyeol shout my name but I willed myself not to look back. 
 
Tears blurred my vision as I sprinted all the way back to the dormitory. 
 
No wonder I had that uneasy feeling and the desperation to give him a child that compelled me to speak with Kyungsoo. 
 
 
Somehow I knew. 
 
The importance of giving him a child. 
 
 
 
But it was too late now. 
 
He had given up on me. 
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Chanyeol's POV
 
In the park
 
 
"Who was that?" She inclined her head questioningly. 
 
"I've got to go; I'll call you later." She nodded in understanding and I my heels to chase after Baek. 
 
 
This was going to be bad. 
 
A thousand thoughts raced across my mind but all of them were lined with worry and anxiety. I knew how the scene looked like through Baek's eyes and it did not look good. 
 
I burst through the dormitory to be greeted by a very furious Jongin. He grabbed me by the collar and dragged me to my bedroom. Despite being held tightly by Jongin, my eyes scanned the living room for Baek.
 
 
No sight of him. 
 
Kyung was standing in front of the closed door of the bedroom he shared with Jongin. His arms were folded across his body and his face was contorted with angry and disapproval. Suho too was staring at me with disappointment while carrying Dongwoo.  
 
Even Sehun, who was usually just uninterested, was mad at me. 
 
The air in the dormitory was tense and heavy. 
 
 
 
 
 
But the funny thing was, I didn't care. 
 
Not when there was something else more urgent. 
 
I fought against Jongin's grip and managed to break free. I beelined straight for the closed door. Kyungsoo moved his body to block my entry and I could hear the heavy sobs from inside the room. 
 
"Please. Let me in," I whispered desperately to Kyungsoo. 
 
Upon hearing the desperation in my voice, his face softened a little before hardening again. 
 
"You do any more damage and I'll kill you with my bare hands," he growled. 
 
I nodded as he moved out of the way. I took a deep breath and slowly turned the door knob. 
 
Baek was sitting on the floor with his rad rested on bed. His entire body was slumped over; his arms lied lifelessly beside him as painful sobs came from deep within him. 
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Kyungsoo's POV
 
In the living room
 
All four of us sat in the living room. 
 
Well, three of us sat on the couch while Jongin paced up and down with Jungwoo in his arms.  
 
"Are you sure you should have let him in? I mean, what if something happens?" Jongin asked worriedly. Jungwoo just watched his father with those intelligent eyes of his. 
 
"You should have heard him, Jongin ah. He sounded so desperate. I think he still deserves a chance to speak his side."
 
My mind went back to ten minutes ago when the door slammed opened. All four of us were in the living room and we spun around, stunned. In came Baek with his face streaked with tears. I immediately walked up to him worriedly. 
 
"What happened?" He was just going for a walk in the park and he came back crying?
 
"I...I....saw....saw Chanyeol.....with...a w...woman..." And he burst into tears. 
 
Jongin's face flushed red with anger as he listened on. Anger filled my heart as well. After all the consideration and stress that Baek was going through because of him, he cheated on him? I was disgusted but a tiny part of me hoped that it was a misunderstanding. I led the crying Baek to my bedroom and he slumped on the bed, sobbing lifelessly. Then the door swung open once again and I knew Chanyeol was back. 
 
Baek started to whimper so I closed the door behind me and stared angrily at Chanyeol. 
 
Jongin grabbed him by the collar but he broke free and headed straight for Baek. I tried to block him but...
 
"Please. Let me in." 
 
 
 
So I did. 
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Jongin's POV
 
In the living room
 
I was mad. I was angry. I was beyond furious. 
 
 
 
 
No man should ever ever cheat. 
 
 
Ever. 
 
Period. 
 
Holding a baby in my arms was the only thing that was stopping me from charging straight for the room and having a full on fight with Chanyeol.
 
Someone had to put some sense into him. 
 
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Baekhyun's POV
 
In Kaisoo's bedroom
 
I cried until there were hardly any years left. My lungs hurt from the labourious breathing. My eyes were puffy and my face felt burning and hot. 
 
I heard the door click open. 
 
 
Naturally, I assumed that it would be Kyungsoo, coming in to check on me. Who knew that when I turned around, I would come face to face with that traitorous face. How dare he showed his face in front of me now?
 
"Get out." I was practically growling. 
 
Still, he stood there and closed the door behind him. 
 
"Get out!" I said with more force. When he didn't move, I gave him a hard shove with my palms, wincing when the wounds from the earlier fall stung my skin. 
 
Without a word, he just turned and left, leaving me alone in the room. 
 
I stared in disbelief at the closed door. 
 
 
 
 
 
He really just left?
 
 
 
A horrible hollow feeling.
 
I grasped my heart as my legs just gave way. I fell to the ground as fresh new tears poured out. 
 
How could he do this to me? How could he just leave? That only served to prove that I was right. He was indeed cheating on me. What I saw at the park stabbed me in the heart. Watching him leave without even trying to explain himself twisted that knife and pulled it out. Whatever benefit of doubt I had intended to give him just vanished into thin air. He deserved none of that.
 
 
 
 
I was completely betrayed. 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
leave a comment!