Overdose

Baby Story II

Jongin’s POV

 

Exo First Box

 

Yeol’s voice rang out loud and clear. “Kai was actually really scared of D.O.”

On my left, Baekhyun lowered his head and imitated Kyungsoo’s sinister smile.

On my right, Suho added, “Once he said I don’t want to eat with Kyungsoo.”

 

Flustered, I could only laugh awkwardly. I was so going to kill them when we get back to the dormitory.

 

They’ve got it all wrong.  

 

Right at the beginning when he first joined SM, I was a tiny tiny bit afraid of him. In fact, I wouldn’t even call it fright. It was more like scepticism. I wasn’t so sure what to make out of him. He was this cute looking boy and yet there was this dark strong aura about him. In fact, these days more and more of this aura was showing. I mean, look at the way the members flinch when he walked up to them! AND just to point out, I am probably the only one who isn’t afraid of him now.

 

It took me all but two days to fall for him. Those dark eyebrows shimmering in his sweat, creased together in concentration, those giant eyes that seemed to observe every little detail, the sweet deep voice that still amazed me to this day. I didn’t want to eat with him that day was because of one simple reason. At that time, the thought of dining alone with him was enough to make my heart race and my palms sweat. Being in the room alone with him would blow my mind and I’d probably wouldn’t even be able to formulate a proper sentence.

 

So.

 

As you can see.

 

The members had gotten it ALL wrong.

 

140406 Jackie Chan Charity Concert

 

We were invited to Jackie Chan’s Charity Concert to celebrate his 60th birthday and let me just say, WHAT A HUGE HONOR! Honestly, he was every little boy’s hero, ranking alongside with Bruce Lee. And his benevolent nature made him even more a role model to every man that those little boys became. So when we received the invitation to perform at his concert, we agreed without any hesitation. The moment we received news of this invitation, we literally screamed like girls and jumped around the dormitory’s living room. Our sons were staring at us as if we had gone mad and JinHwan actually burst out crying from all the commotion. As Baek and Yeol rushed off to the serenity of their bedroom to calm their wailing son, I picked up Jungwoo and lifted him to my face. Nuzzling my nose in his soft bulging stomach, I wrapped my arms around him and grinned. “Oof! You’re sure getting heavier! Your dads are going to perform for Jackie Chan! Do you know what that means? Famous people know your dads, Jungwoo ah!”

As you can see, our excitement was beyond the roof.

 

Until right before the performance.

 

Clad in out gold and white outfits, we were getting ready for a backstage interview when the man of the hour actually entered our dressing room! It was a huge deal, especially to us Koreans when a sunbae visited your dressing room. It took all our energy to refrain from squealing when Jackie Chan himself came up and shook our hands. He stopped in front of Chen and Kyungsoo and reached out to grab something. Glancing down, immediately the smile on my face vanished. Suddenly, I didn’t care that he was Jackie Chan. I didn’t care that he was a all-time action hero. I didn’t care about the millions he donated.

 

How dare he touch my Kyungsoo right at his chest?!

 

And it wasn’t just plain old jealous speaking. We had been told to lay off the skinship for a while. Upper management’s orders, there wasn’t anything we could do about it. At home, there were the twins who had started standing. That demanded our attention every waking moment in the dormitory. It was nerve-wrecking to watch them stand so unstably. Wanting so badly to hold them up and yet knowing that they had to go through this in order to stand. No skinship in public and no private time at home.

 

So who could blame me for being jealous if Jackie Chan had more action than I’ve had in weeks?

 

And just like that, my mood turned sour for the entire night. I became acutely aware of every single person interacting with Kyungsoo. I think it was pretty evident on my face that I wasn’t too pleased to be there but I didn’t care. When the last song was finally over, I was beyond eager to get off the stage and leave the crowded stage back to the privacy of our hotel room. Tapping his shoulder, I looked around for an exit. Pointing at the way out, I started towards that direction. Glancing sideways at him, I felt a bit of tension ease up. Funny what a simple look from him could do to me. Resting a hand on his waist, I gently guided him towards the exit as he smiled and bowed to more people. Once cleared of the crowd, I let some distance grow between us but forever keeping an eye on him. Swinging the flag around, my mood began to lighten up considerately at the thought of the night to come.

 

The moment we entered the hotel room, I snatched him up in a back hug and rest my head on his shoulder. Pressing my lips against his slender neck, I nibbled longingly, having waited to have him in my arms for the entire day.

 

“I love you.” Thick with want and passion, my voice came out of nowhere.

 

I know I’ve said those three words so many times. He was mine, and I was his as it had been all along. This time around, for some reason, there was a sense of desperation and a tinge of deprivation. At the tone of my voice, he slowly turned around in my arms. He stared at me. I waited with my hands clutching his arms for stability as he searched my eyes.

 

He frowned at me. “Say it again.”

 

“Kyung ah,” I say, “I love you.”

 

Our skin was slippery with water and we smelt like sweat. My shirt stuck to his arms when he slides them around me. He cupped my face in his hands, pulling it to his face. And then he pressed his face to my neck and kissed me right above the collarbone, kissed my cheek, kissed my lips.

 

“I love you, too,” he whispered.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Kyungsoo’s POV

 

In the hotel room

 

“You're mine, Angel," he murmured, brushing the words across my jawbone as I arched my neck higher, inviting him to kiss everywhere.

 

"You have me forever.”

 

I came to lean against him, and his hand slid up under my shirt and rested caressingly, possessively, on the small of my back. The gentleness of his kisses went quickly and soon I was pressed up against the mirror beside the bathroom, his hands at the hem of my shirt — his shirt —

 

Knock knock.

 

Two knocks on the door.

 

Sounded awfully like a manager checking on us.

 

“You should go," I breathed. "You should definitely go."

 

"Go where?"

 

His mouth was on my shoulder.

 

"Here?"

 

 It moved up my neck.

 

“Or here?”

 

It moved down...

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Baekhyun’s POV

 

140413 Japan Greeting Party “Hello!”

 

Apparently ALL of us were so miserable with the whole no public display of affection that the management gave up. They were so afraid that our moodiness would affect our performances with the new album Overdose that they threw in the white towel.

 

Cue OTP action!

 

Teehee.

 

 

It wasn’t the first time we performed in Japan but it was the first at such a huge scale. And even though we stood far apart at the beginning introduction, somehow I could feel his nervousness. Leaning forward to catch a glimpse of his face, I knew I was right. If you watched closely, he tended to smile extra widely when he was nervous. So It was no surprise that he screwed up his Japanese introduction. Wishing I was right beside him to give him some support, I took a step forward to stand before the other members so that he could see me.

 

“You can do it, Chanyeol.”

 

Though he didn’t outwardly respond to me, I was certain he heard me. A small corner of his mouth lifted and I saw him take a deep breath. With that, he completed his line without any more error.

 

My heart swelled with pride.

 

Later in the show, when the MC asked Yeol what he wanted the most at that moment, I acted on my instinct. Honestly speaking, I didn’t know where that courage came from. Perhaps it was liberation from having to control for so long but I actually plucked up the nerve to say “Me!” Even though it came out as a timid whisper, it was without a doubt that the whole stadium heard it, judging by the screams that followed my one word. But Yeol’s face was priceless. Flustered and yet not denying. It wasn’t every day when you see a speechless Yeol. So thumbs up to me.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jongin’s POV

 

140413 Japan Greeting Party “Hello!”

 

At point during the talk section, I sincerely wanted to kill Baek.

 

At an old photo of Kyungie, he said that Kyungie looked like a father. Sometimes I truly wondered where his courage came from.

 

A father?

 

He is a father.

 

Of two boys.

 

He deserved every punch he got from Kyungie.

 

I had to say, it had been a long time since I was this happy on stage. First we sang Lucky and I did a heart with Kyungie. A HEART! Take that, Jackie Chan! I waved my hand in front of his face and he responded by completed my half-heart with his hand. And in the process, leaning into the crook of my chest. Ah, sweet love.

 

And then there was 3.6.5. As the chorus was nearing, I actually tried as casually as I could to get close to Kyungie. Right before the chorus started, I caught his eyes and he reached to shake my hand.

 

Can I have this dance?

 

Of course you can. This one and every one after.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Kyungsoo’s POV

 

Something tentative about the way he asked me for the second dance. It made me feel beautiful. Without a word, I could understand how excited he was to have this moment, but then afraid at the same time. And deeper than any of that, I sensed how much he adored me.

 

I was truly blessed.

 

In the next talk section, a video I had completely forgotten about surfaced up. It was an old video of Jongin and I playing Jenga. The excitement on his face was plain to see. It was back before we got together as a couple. There was a clear distance and awkwardness between us. Back when he was “afraid” of me. We both knew the truth about how a godlike creature was nervous to approach me. Even then, in that video, it was easy to see how much he had already adored me then. Who knew how much he adored me now.

 

That thought brought a grin to my face that I couldn’t hide. I never did believed in the idea of soul mates, or love at first sight. But I truly believed that if you were lucky, you might meet someone who was exactly right for you. Not because he was perfect, or because I was, but because our combined flaws were arranged in a way that allowed us two separate beings to complete each other.

 

140508 M!Countdown Comeback stage

 

It was finally our Comeback stage!

 

And with any comeback, it came with interview after interview after interview. And with any interview, it came with a request for the dance to be explained. Every. Single. Time. And each time, I was treated to the glorious sight of Jongin dancing to that specific part of making a heart and swallowing it. I just couldn’t take my eyes off when he danced that part. The way he lifted his head to showcase that long slender neck of his was simply captivating. What could I say? It made me very very happy. No matter where he was standing, my eyes would follow. Sometimes, I even forgot to blink.

 

How could anyone be so handsome?

 

Those all black outfits.

 

The messy just-got-out-of-bed hair.

 

Even with that weird silver coloured hair that strangely complimented his dark skin.

 

So when it was time for the mandatory interview before our comeback stage, I literally had to will my eyes away from him in order to concentrate on what the MC was saying. I fixed my eyes on the MC, afraid that the moment I looked away, my eyes would automatically go back to Jongin.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Ahn Jaehyun’s POV

 

M!Countdown interview

 

He was smoking hot with the whole smokey eye makeup.

 

He was the one who caught my eye the moment I stepped into the room to give the interview. I’d never paid much attention to EXO before. Being a guy, I didn’t see the need fawn over other guys. But there was something different about this one.

 

Despite the thick makeup, all I could see were those earnest bright eyes. Looking back at my script, I was pleased to note that my next question was directed to him. Smoothly, I asked the question and turned to face him.

 

Watching him stutter gave me the satisfaction of knowing that he too felt the charged energy between us.

 

This feeling was freaking me out.

 

 

 

And yet, I liked it.

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Baekyun’s POV

 

M!Countdown stage

 

To say that my heart didn’t flutter would be lying.

 

But instantly, guilt consumed me. So the moment we left the interview room, I stalked Yeol up to the stage. Being the talkative bubbly self that he was, he headed straight for the camera. Judging by his excitement, I assumed he didn’t see what happened during the interview. But that did little to ease the guilt I felt. As he concluded his tiny little monologue to the camera, I subconsciously wet my lips. As he covered the camera lens with the palm of his hand, I followed suit.

 

The moment I was confident that the camera was completely blocked off, I leaned forward and planted a quick kiss right on his lips. He jerked back in shock and instantly his eyes flew around the room to check if anyone saw.

 

“What are you doing?” he whispered urgently.

 

“I just wanted to kiss you.”

 

“You---“ He stared at me in disbelief for a second before he gripped my wrist and pulled me offstage. Guiding me to a secluded dark corner, he suddenly whipped around and roughly pulled me to him. As my body collided with his, his mouth slammed against mine for a urgent yet passionate kiss. It ended way too quickly as he left to return back to the stage.

 

The sound of a notification on my phone snapped me out of my tiny daydream. A comment on my instagram from someone whom I’d follow.

 

Yeol.

 

A comment on a selfie I posted.

 

Handsome ^^

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jongin’s POV

 

M!Countdown stage

 

It was rehearsal after rehearsal after rehearsal. It wasn’t an easy job for the camera man to keep up with this upgraded version of a one-take shot so we danced over and over again for the camera man for get the routine down.

 

We were backstage. I was adjusting the earpiece in my ears when I heard Kyungie talking to the camera behind me. Apparently it had been way too long since he’d been in front of a camera this close that I could hear him struggling to find the right words. Turning around, I faced the camera and helped him a little. He caught my eye and we ended up bursting into giggles at how awkward he still was in front of cameras.

 

With a hand on my back, he followed me behind on stage and we prepared to perform for real this time. As he laid down on the floor for the starting formation, I helped him pull his pants up. I tended to get worried whenever we had to do this. Kyungie always said that those supporting at the side was a tougher job, but I still worry. Thank goodness, we need not maintain this formation for long. We did it in one take. Before long it was over, our first comeback stage.

 

140511 EXO Comeback show in Shanghai

 

Since we had a comeback show in Korea, it was only fair that we had one in China.

 

As usual, the fans’ energy was beyond imaginable. The screams when we performed Overdose as 12 were deafening. The chants and cheers lifted all our spirits. And whenever we had such showcases in China, it was never complete without games. As we were lining up to play, my back was facing Kyungie. And I could feel his fingers pulling out a thread off the back of my shirt. It felt so comfortable, so normal. No need to ask, no need for thanks.

 

We were playing a miming game, I think. I was completely lost in translation but I presumed that we were supposed to pass the message without saying anything. So when I felt a tap on my shoulder, I turned around and crossed my arms. I was fully prepared to crack my brains to figure it out. But nothing could have prepared me for what came next.

 

Slowly at first, Kyungie started this little dance. At first, I was too absorbed in figuring out what he was trying to mime but it later registered that it was hearts that he was making. And when that realisation dawned on me, a grin crawled up onto my face and a warm feeling spread through me. If weren’t for my arms tightly crossed across my chest, I’d probably reached for a hug by now. I stared at him. I could feel my heartbeat everywhere, even in my toes.

 

I could really get used to this.

 

Almost forgetting about the game, I made an OK sign with my fingers. And in that instant, I reached forward to touch his face. Just because.

 

I felt like the happiest creature on earth.

 

Later on, while performing Run, we were playing that game where we crept up on the person and froze when he turned around. Kyungie was way up front so once the opportunity arose, I literally sprinted forward. Pushing pass Tao, I froze at the right time with my hand on Kyungie’s shoulder. I couldn’t help but laugh at myself but relish in being beside him again. I could sense the knowing smile spreading across his face as my hand travelled down from his shoulder to his waist.

 

Happiness.

 

The glow of happiness.

 

I was certain that was surrounding me at this very moment.

 

As a philosopher once said, “Happiness is the settling of the soul into its most appropriate spot.”

 

 

 

 

And for me, that spot is right beside Kyungie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: HEY SUBBIES!

Apologies for the late chapter but my laptop took its final breath a few weeks ago.. sobs...

Anyways, there has been a serious overdose of moments here and there that I had such a hard time remembering what happened. >< Sorry if this chap is a little long and messy....

Are you ready for the avalanche of pictures?? XP

 

Let's start!

EXO First Box (I think someone requested this; this is for you!)

140406 Jackie Chan Concert

Jongin being jealous

Jongin guiding Kyungsoo off stage

140413 EXO greetings in Japan

Baekyeol at opening

Baekyeol at Talk time

Baek asking for trouble

Kaisoo Heart in Lucky

Kaisoo 3.6.5 mating dance

Unseen clip of Kaisoo playing Jenga

Comeback interviews - Kyungsoo staring at Jongin

And..

M!Countdown Comeback stage

Interview

Kyungsoo staring at MC

Baek and the MC

On stage/backstage

Baekyeol covering the camera

Kaisoo flirting backstage

Jongin being helpful

Baekhyun's selfie + Yeol's comment (Is this real?!)

140511 EXO comeback show in Shanghai

Kyungsoo fixing Jongin's hair/shirt

Kyungsoo mating heart dance (from two lovely angles, bless those fancams)

     

    

    

    

Kaisoo in Run

from another angle

Ok. I am officially exhausted. 

Hope I didn't hang any computers!

Credits to the owners of all the pics and gifs! I own none of them!