Crowd

Baby Story II

Jongin’s POV

Changsha airport

The crowd at the airport when we arrived was insane.

There were herds of people, a thriving mass of anonymous figures getting too uncomfortably close. It was complete chaos. The fans honed in on us like hyenas on a hunt and the security personnel could hardly hold them back. Fans pushed from both sides, making it almost impossible to even walk. Arms flailing from all directions, I could feel hands touching me and invading my personal space. I held on tight to Sehun’s backpack as I struggled to pull out of the crowd. Luhan and Lay were shouting with their anger burning in their eyes. How they could spare a thought for the fans in such a frantic moment like that bewildered me. The fans were making it extremely difficult for us to walk and they were scolding the security personnel for pushing the fans? Not that I didn’t agree that the security didn’t need to be so rough; it was just that at such a chaotic, I was just frantic to get to someone.

 

 

Kyungie. Kyungie. Kyungie.

That was the one thing on my mind.

He wasn’t walking in front of me like he always did. He was way in front. It was safe to say that it made me anxious to be away from him. Anxiety grabbed my mind; it was self-perpetuating. Our mini jealousy fight took a backseat to my worry. Flashbacks of what had happened when he was still pregnant flooded my mind. Memories of his pale and unconscious face made me panicky as I tried to push through the crowd to get to him.

No such luck.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyungsoo’s POV

I felt sick.

My mind was a blur. The floor whirled beneath me. It felt like waves were crashing on me from both sides, drowning me in the sea of people. I gasped for air. My throat was sore. My lungs hurt. Black spots danced around my eyes. My legs threatened to give away as my arms weakly tried to push my way through the crowd. I heard shouting. I felt people touching me.

Jongin.

Where was he?

 

 

I need him.

Then I felt a pair of steady arms support me. Not Jongin, but still familiar nonetheless. I glanced up; Suho looked at me reassuringly as he helped me through the crowd. I leaned against him for support as we slowly made our way through the sea of people. At the moment, time moved so slowly that I felt like I had been stuck in this horrid situation for over an hour.

By the time I managed to reach the car, I felt so drained that I collapsed into the car seat. I scanned anxiously the crowd for Jongin through the tinted windows. How come I didn’t see him? I was starting to feel worried and concerned. The crowd that greeted us at the airport today was vicious. Almost as brutal as that crowd that we faced outside HomePlus almost a year ago. Worry gripped my heart as I desperately tried to find Jongin in the crowd.

Finally, he burst out of the crowd and scrambled into the car. I heaved a giant sigh of relief the moment he entered the car. His forehead was a maze of anxious little grooves as his eyes darted worriedly around the car. The moment his eyes settled on me, he dashed to my side and ran his fingers down my face.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jongin’s POV

Kyungie was looking green and nauseous as he sat slumped onto the car seat. His skin was sweaty and his eyes were glassy. Instinctively I started to panic. I rushed to the adjacent seat and started feeling him up.

Was he hurt? Was he unwell?

 “I’m so glad you’re here,” he slurred, smiling weakly up at me, “I know everything’s fine when you’re here.”

“Are you hurt?”

“No.”

“Are you sick?”

“I’m fine, Jongin.”

“You don’t look too good... Sorry… I’m so sorry…” My head hung low.

“What are you apologising about?” He cupped my face and looked deep into my eyes.

“Because of my petty jealousy, I wasn’t there for you. I should have been there to protect you, to support you , to -----“

“Shhh.”

“But----“

“No buts. Come here. I need a hug right now. I’m just glad you are ok.”

 

 

A warm feeling comforted me.

I wrapped my arms around him like a blanket wrapping its soft layers around his small frame, nuzzling him snuggly.

Worrying had carried tomorrow's load with today's strength, like carrying two days at once. It moved into tomorrow ahead of time. Worrying didn’t empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it just emptied today of its strength. Exhausted, we both slept in each other’s arms all the way to the hotel.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyungsoo’s POV

At the hotel

I was still rooming with Sehun and Luhan. Although they were great company, I missed those lovely nights with Jongin. I sighed as I started to unpack.

Suddenly, the door creaked open. Slowly, just like in the horror movies. Chills went down my spine and I involuntarily shivered.

Who could it be?

Sehun and Luhan had just left to get bubble tea. They couldn’t be back this fast.

Then the lights went off and darkness engulfed the room. Before my eyes could adjust to the sudden darkness, something hit me with such force that I fell backwards onto the bed. A scream was right at my throat when the bedside lamp . I cringed at the sudden bright light and glared at the intruder.

 

 

 

 

Only to see an impish grin on Jongin’s face.

“What are you doing? Get off me!” His huge frame pinned me down to the bed. I swatted his knees until he finally let me up. I shot up from the bed and stood directly in front of him. I tried to be menacing but my height was no help at all as he just looked down at me.

“Are you insane? I almost had a heart attack!” I asked.

“Pretty cool, huh?” He just grinned.

“No! Not cool at all!” I countered, “Why couldn’t you just enter normally?”

He shrugged. “More fun this way?”

“More fun? You are impossible!” I couldn’t help but laugh at how ridiculous the situation was.

Laughing, I raised my arm to hit him in one more. He caught my wrist and my laugh caught my throat. A mischievous grin curved my mouth as I raise my other hand to hit him. He reached over me and caught that wrist, too, gently pinning my arms above my head as he straddled my hips. The space between us boiled my blood. Jongin's eyes studied my lips and I studied his. We each leaned in closer until our foreheads were touching. It felt like currents of electricity were running through the two of us, making me feel like I was going to melt from the intensity.

Then, his lips ever so gently touched mine, and suddenly I felt everything stirring inside me grow wings, let loose, and fly. The tease left me breathless, burning for more.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jongin’s POV

I brushed my lips against his, feeling the surge of electricity between us. Before I could any further, he stood on his tippy toes and crashed his lips against mine. My eyes widened in shock. He shook his wrists free and wrapped them around my neck.

Soft and sweet, and burning like fire all at once, his lips clung to mine desperately. I closed my eyes, wrapped my arms around his waist and lifted him up slightly.

His kiss devoured me and left me aching for more when he pulled away.

I placed him back down on his feet.

“I came to um check on you. So how do you feel?"

His pupils were dilated, his cheeks flushed. "Like I want you to kiss me again."

 

That was all the invitation I needed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Thanks for subscribing and commenting! ^^ 

Leave a comment~