Glare

Baby Story II

Jongin’s POV

In the living room of the dormitory

“KRISYEOL?! YEOLLIE IS MINE!”

 

 

 

Here we go again.

I pressed my hands over Dongwoo’s ears to protect them and let out a sigh. The kid just looked up at me quizzically for a second before ignoring my hands on his ears and went on playing with the ball in front of him.

Before the pregnancy, Baekhyun had already been one of the noisiest members among us. And now? Bad to worse. Seriously, man. Didn’t his throat hurt from all the shouting? And Yeollie could hardly control him. And I couldn’t say that I’d blame him. After all, I was the same way with Kyungie’s mood swings a year back.

Right now, the only one who could somewhat control Baek was none other than Kyungie.

Which kind of made sense, seeing how he had been through what Baek was going through now.

 

 

As Kyungie stood up from the floor where we were sitting with the twins, Baek actually shrunk back slightly. Guess I wasn’t the only one afraid of an angry Kyungie. My cute little Kyungie could be quite a disciplinary master if he wanted to.

“Baek ah. Are you seriously making up such a fuss over a fan-made couple?”

“But….But….” Baek just stared at him dumbfounded, stammering at the sheer authoritative force of Kyungie’s deadpan voice.

“Leave it, Kyung ah. Be more understanding.” Yeollie’s tired voice rang out from behind Baek as he stood up to tower over Kyungie.

“Woah woah woah…” I quickly stood up as well and shifted Kyungie behind me.

The four of us stood there for a charged moment. Kyungie and Yeol stared at each other for a few seconds before Kyungie shrugged and faced Baek, “Save your voice for tonight’s national anthem.” Then Kyungie just strutted off nonchalantly back to the twins.

Phew. That was intense.

Yeol didn’t look too enthusiastic, which was a far cry from the happy virus that we were all familiar with. Baek on the other hand had just made an instant transformation and was back to the joking prankster that he was. Scary, how he changed so quickly. He bounced over to where Kyungie was sitting on the floor with the twins and chatted animatedly with Kyungie about baby stuff.

Scary, indeed.

That left me and Yeol standing in the middle of the living room, our gazes fixed on our fiancées. Glancing back at Yeol, I was surprised to find a pair of tired looking eyes with dark circles rimmed at the bottom. Dragging him slightly, I pulled him to the kitchen.

“What’s up?”

“Nothing.”

“This isn’t like you, Yeol. Tell me. I can help.”

He let out a huge sigh and slumped against the kitchen counter. His fingers toyed with the kitchen towel as he stared blankly at the wall.

“It is exhausting.”

“What is?”

“Baek’s mood swings. I just can’t keep up with his roller coaster emotions.”

“It’s not a matter of whether you can or can’t, Yeol. It’s something that you have to do, no questions asked.”

“How did you do it? With Kyungsoo.”

“Kyungie cried a lot so I spent a great deal of time trying to comfort him or assure that whatever he was thinking was not true. Just try to go with the flow. What he wanted, I did. What he asked for, I gave. And believe me when I say that we got the easier job as the non-pregnant ones. We get exhausted dealing with the emotions that they show. But they go through a lot more than they show.”

“I try, but it is so exhausting. I don’t know when he was going to explode, I don’t when he is going to yell. It’s like I have to be constantly alert and careful.”

“Who said having a baby was going to be easy? It is a huge commitment, one that you have already committed to I hope. Take this as training. When the baby gets here, you’ll have to be twice, if not ten times, more alert and vigilant.”

“True.”

“So it up. If Baek needed you, it was now more than ever.”

He took a deep breath and buried his head into the notebook that he carried everywhere he went. I saw him write my words into that notebook and ponder over it. For a split second, I wondered if Yeol had what it took to raise a child. Barely an adult, he would be faced with a huge responsibility. But almost immediately, I shrugged off that doubt. He had matured so much, I had no idea what that doubt in him came from. I mean, look at him, he had hardly played a single computer game since forever, choosing to read or search the internet in his free time instead. Walking back to the twins, I sat down beside Kyungie, picked up a train and played choo-choo-train with Jungwoo.

“So Baek, how’s the pregnancy going for you?”

“Hmm?” He looked up from rolling a ball to Dongwoo, “Not too bad. Other than the nightly nausea, it is not too bad.” And I did believe him; he had a certain glow, a radiance that shone from within.

“What about the mood swings?”

“What mood swings?”

“You know, when you turn into a violent and…” Kyungie placed a warning hand on my lap which I chose to ignore, “angry monster, pissed off with the entire world.”

 Beakhyun pursed his lips into a tight line and his eyes turned murderous. His entire face darkened and the pregnancy glow completely vanished. His face turned from red to black in an instant and that was my sign to get lost. Right at that moment, I knew why Kyungie had tried to warn me. Not sticking around for the storm, I grabbed the twins and Kyungie and dashed to our bedroom, locking the door shut behind me.

~

Sukira Kiss the Radio

Sigh.

I wondered if it was just sheer bad luck or karma that I ended up seated right beside Baekhyun.

Before entering the studio, I glanced quickly over at Baekhyun and examined his facial expression. He was chatting animatedly with Suho hyung. There were no traces of anger or irritation. I should be pretty safe…

“Hey Baek!” I tried to sound as casual as possible but I could still detect uncertainty and fear in my own voice.

“Jongin! We are sharing a mic today!” He exclaimed excited as he pulled me to my seat before sitting down beside me. The glow on his face was evident once again as he happily scanned through the script for today’s radio session.

Ok…

Um…

Did that mean that I was safe?

Carefully, I leaned my head on his shoulder. He neither flinched nor moved away. Instead he leaned closer to me, holding the mic between us. As the radio show proceeded on, my head rested comfortably on his shoulder. Occasionally he would rest his head on mine.

And then halfway through the radio, he tilted his head up to brush his lips in my hair.

Wait.

What?

What the hell?

What was he doing?!

Kiss?

Yuck!

Maybe he was smelling my hair?

Ok, that would be gross as well.

Then I noticed that the camera was trained on us.

And I also noticed a certain someone’s gaze had turned dark. The person sitting directly on the left of Ryeowook sunbaenim. The one whose eyes were fixed on the television screen that showed the live broadcast of this radio session. The one who angelic features just turned murderous.

Kyungie.

.

I quickly sat up and focused my attention on the script.

Great.

I could still feel Kyungie staring holes into my scalp and that sent chills down my spine. Gosh, how over I was with all these murderous glares today. I had enough for a day, thank you very much.

And I guess it came as no surprise that when it came to picking someone to demonstrate a choking technique on, Kyungie picked Baekhyun. As he wrapped his arm around Baekhyun’s neck, I could see Yeol’s stare at the duo growing more and more frantic by the second. I could tell by his posture that it was taking all of his energy and control to stop himself from jumping up to stop Kyungie.

One look at his face and I knew the mental turmoil going on in his brain. The rational part of him knew that there was no way Kyungie would hurt Baekhyun. But the emotional part of him, well, had every reason to believe that an accident might occur. Judging by the events in the morning, anyone might have assumed that Kyungie wasn’t too pleased with Baekhyun. As the members laughed, Yeol was the only one who remained frozen in his seat, staring intently at the maneuver Kyungie was executed. Only when Kyungie released his hold on Baekhyun, did he remember to breathe again and he slumped back into his seat with a huge heave of relief.

I had to laugh.

He’ll be fine.

Anyone could see how much he cared for Baek. Sure he might complain every now and then but at the end of the day, he had his priorities right.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chen’s POV

End of Sukira Kiss the Radio

GASP.

“Wait… What… What is this? This is… No…. This is too erted. THIS IS ERTED!”

I looked over to the other members for support but instead they were making sounds of approval and appreciation. Had they lost their minds?! Why were they staring as if they were genuinely impressed?! His pants are so tight that I was pretty sure his underwear lines could be seen even on the camera! And he had to aggravate the matter but sticking that cute of his out and ily write his name!

“Heyy… This is… No…”

But my words of disapproval were drowned out by the shouts of the other members. “GO MINSEOK! GO MINSEOK! GO MINSEOK!” Why were they cheering him on? Couldn’t they see how horrible this whole incident was?! How could they approve of Minseok doing such a thing?!

“NO… STOP IT… THIS IS SO WRONG… THIS IS SO WRONG… REALLY! THIS IS ERTED!”

Again, my cries of protest were completely ignored. Those betrayers of my fellow EXO members just laughed into oblivion as I stared horrified at the sight in front of me.  How could they laugh so happily while Minseok exposed his in front of the camera?!

“YOU CAN SEE THAT HE PUT ENERGY INTO HIS !” I cried desperately, pointing one accusing finger at Minseok who had just finished writing his name with that tight of his.

It just wasn’t fair!

That was a sight only for my eyes.

Now the rest of the world could see it.

 

Not fair at all!

~

Back at the dorm

“What was that all about?!”

I locked our bedroom door behind us.

He trained his innocent looking cat-like eyes on me and asked, “What?”

“The name writing thing! Did you have to do it in such a erted manner?”

“It was for fun!” He shrugged as if it was nothing.

“Pfft. Fun?!” I just rolled my eyes.

As I turned towards the bathroom, Minseok’s hand s out to grip my wrist.

 

 

“Are we doing it again tonight?” He asked, his gaze suddenly focused and intense.

I had to ponder over his question for a while but in the end, I decided to push the unpleasant feelings regarding today’s radio session. After all, the members did have loads of fun, watching Xiumin’s tight , which was technically mine, wriggling around.

In the end, need overruled other emotions so I turned to face him and nodded.

 

 

 

 

 

 

We then proceeded to fish out our books and poured over the elementary Chinese words, practicing and repeating word after word together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hope you guys liked this chapter >< Leave a comment! :D

By the way, have you guys heard Baekhyun sing the Korean national anthem? He is my ultimate bias in EXO and I may be biased but he sang it beautifully!

Here it is if you haven't seen it! ^^ 

 

Punishment by Kyungsoo

Xiumin's y name writing