Support

Baby Story II

Jongin’s POV

Sitting on the couch, in the living room

By the way Kyungsoo was pacing up and down the living room, there was going to be a huge groove in the floor before Baek and Yeol returned from their doctor’s appointment.  Suho was in the kitchen with Yixing, cooking some herbal tea for Baek. The rest of us were seated on the couch or the floor, anxiously waiting for them to return. They had been gone for almost four hours now, without so much of a text or a phone call. We were all worried sick, hoping very hard that nothing was wrong.

 

 

The past two weeks was filled with nothing but darkness. Darkness. It couldn’t be seen, couldn’t be felt, couldn’t be heard, couldn’t be smelt. It hung in the rooms of our dormitory, and in empty holes of our hearts it filled. Darkness. The kind that ended a life and killed laughter. The kind that did not leave us easily.

Despite the extremely short time Baek had carried Dot, we had all grown to love that little black dot in the picture. We were all so excited for the pregnancy and the baby that nothing really did prepare us for the miscarriage. It felt like sudden darkness right after a brilliant burst of light. It felt like an important member for our family was taken away from us. Being a parent of two sons myself, I couldn’t even imagine how Baek and Yeol were feeling now.

 

Kyungsoo, too, had been a complete wreck the past two weeks, to say the least.

The only time when he acted normal was in front of the twins. Or as normal as a depressed Kyungsoo could be. Although the twins were probably too young to notice, I did. There was something missing in his usual cheery demeanour, even when playing with the twins. He smiled and laughed but the spark was missing.

When the twins were napping or down for the night, only then his entire being just crumbled down into my arms and cried. I would hold him until he fell into a restless sleep, rubbing soothing circles on his back. Kyungsoo had always played the mother role in the dorm, even way before we debuted. He was sensitive and very in tuned with every member’s emotions. Plus he carried two babies and successfully brought them into the world. So it was no doubt that this miscarriage hit him as hard as it did.

For me, I just spent my days hugging the twins and thanking the stars for blessing us with two healthy baby boys.

“Kyung ah, come here.” I waved a hand at him.

He stopped pacing to look up at me, before plopping down beside me and curling into a tight ball against my chest.

I wrapped one arm over his shoulder and pulled him close. “It’s going to be ok.”

 

Suddenly, Kris shot up from the sofa and all of us turned to stare at him.

“We should frame that ultrasound picture for them!”

They had given us a picture of the ultrasound the day they confirmed their pregnancy.

“Why?” Sehun asked, his expression puzzled as he looked to Luhan for answers.

“As a memory. That Dot existed. Memory of the time we had with Dot.”

“Wouldn’t it be like a painful reminder?” Xiumin questioned.

“That is where you are wrong. We have to help them move on. And to do that, we have to get them to accept reality and assure them that Dot was safe and happy somewhere else.”

“Like in the heavens?” Sehun sat up from Luhan’s lap, clinging on to every word Kris said.

“Yes! That’s right. We should assure them that Dot is in heaven now and that it wouldn’t want to see Baek and Yeol so miserable.”

“Sounds like a good idea.” Suho and Yixing walked out from the kitchen with a bowl of herbal medicine. “We should help them move on.”

 

Kyungsoo straightened in my arms and caught my eye. The question, though no words were spoken, was clear in his eyes.

Do you think that they would ever be able to completely move on?

 

 

We didn’t exchange words, just looked at each other. My answer was no and I knew Kyungsoo agreed with me.

To be completely honest, I didn’t think they would. And I didn’t think the members saw that. It was hard to even imagine when I did have children of my own. How could they possible understand the pain that Baek and Yeol were going through when they had no kids of their own? Such unimaginable pain was not something that we humans were capable of recovering from. The thought of losing my sons just drove me crazy that I couldn’t imagine what would happen if that turned into reality. Not that I even wanted to think about that.

That being said, I knew they had nothing but good intentions and I was sure that Baek and Yeol would understand that. Perhaps the frame picture would help them make peace with the loss of Dot.  Besides I didn’t have the heart to contradict them when their expressions were so earnest and sincere as they pulled out stationery and coloured paper.

Under Kris’s artistic supervision, it took them an hour to complete their mini project. Sehun and Luhan had cut out cloud shapes from white paper. Xiumin and Chen glued them on to the blue paper. Kris took out a marker and drew wings and a halo beside and above the dot on the ultrasound picture before Tao glued it in the middle of the blue paper. The rest of us just watched, occasionally giving some advice here and there. Before framing it up, Kyungsoo quickly grabbed a marker and scribbled on the top right hand corner of the masterpiece.

Angel Dot,

Until we meet again.

Love,

EXO

After framing it up, the ten of us stood back to admire the work.

And then it was back to the same anxious waiting for them to return.

Where on earth were they?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyungsoo’s POV

I sat back down on the couch and cuddled in Jongin’s strong arms.

It was nice of the members to suggest giving them a gift. Baek and Yeol could use any consolation or support they could get now. Though I highly doubted that they would ever completely recover from this, I sincerely hope that they would come close.

 

 

Suddenly, the front door clicked open.

All of us shot to our feet and dashed to the door.

“What took you so long?”

“We were worried.”

“We waited for a long time!”

“What happened? Did something happen?”

“Ya, let them come in.” Suho whacked some heads, as we cleared a path for them to enter.

My eyes stayed trained on Baek’s face. Somehow I couldn’t get a read on his expression. The despair was still there, definitely, but there was something else. Something I just couldn’t put my finger on. I exchanged a glance with Jongin and his questioning gaze told me he noticed the same thing as well.

The members anxiously ushered the pair to the couch before staying in a group in front of them.

“We have something for the two of you.” Kris said solemnly. “From the deepest part of our hearts.” Shifting slightly, he revealed Sehun and Luhan who had been standing behind him. In their hands, the framed masterpiece they had prepared earlier.

Clearing his throat, Suho stepped forward to say, “We want the both of you to know that we too are very affected by the loss of Dot but we would like to believe that Dot was now an angel in the heavens, watching over us. So in short, we want you to know that in this difficult time, we have your backs and will provide all the support we can to help you all get past this dark period.”

Tears welled up slightly in Baek’s eyes as he reached out to accept the gift. “Thank you,” he whispered, “We appreciate it. Sorry for being such a burden the past few weeks.”

Suho immediately waved his hands in front of him. “No no. No burden at all. After all, we are family, right?”

“Well, we too have something for you guys.”Chanyeol beckoned us to sit around the coffee table. I felt Jongin’s hands around my waist as we settled down on the left side of the table.

Once all of us were seated around the coffee table, Chanyeol dug for something in his pocket before placing it in the centre of the table. I leaned forward to get a better look as I heard a gasp (Yixing, I think.)

“Dot?” Sehun stared at the object and the word escaped his mouth.

I leaned in closer and narrowed my eyes to get a clearer look. It was a flat piece of paper with a black and white fuzzy image on it.

An ultrasound picture.

“Dot?” Involuntarily the same word escaped my mouth as well.

 

 

 

Soon ten pairs of eyes were trained on Chanyeol, seeking for an explanation.

He shook his head slightly.

“No.” He exchanged a slight smile with Baek, “Rainbow.”

Since none of us knew what they were talking about, we just continued staring at them with blank looks.

 

Chanyeol’s eyes swept across the room to meet all of our eyes before dropping the bombshell.

 

 

 

 

“We are pregnant.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Time to reply comments^^

@Nadou-bses: Hahaha! Sorry for being mean…. But I made up for it, no? ^^ And you dreamt about it? It was a good dream right? Haha so lucky to dream about exo…. 

@exotic_tin: ? What do you miss?? O.O 

@blacklite_lulu2429: Hahaha I sang it when I read your comment!  

@izie114: Yup super long chapter, I got a shock when I was done with it LOL. And you are probably the only who actually didn’t mind the miscarriage HAHA ^^ Not weird at all, I totally agree that it makes things more interesting.  

@Eun-ah: hahaha now worries about not commenting… sorry about the tears :P 

@fr_unicorn: Hey there, new subbie! Thanks for subbing and commenting! ^^ Your welcome for making Baek pregnant again!~~~ Smooth pregnancy and healthy baby? Hmm….. I have to think about that. ;P

@dragonxpanda: Thanks! I was hoping that the chapter and the whole ordeal would be touching… ^^ 

@4kaisoo: Thank ew!!! For liking the chapter and saying such nice things! :D 

@RonRoxx: You made yourself happy? Hahah! So you are happy about Rainbow right? Love you too! ^^ for reading and commenting… 

@dokyungsoonut04: You have a nice way of words :) Dot sending another baby so that his parents won’t be sad. Nice…. I like that…. 

@SecretG: Well, it does happen in real life as the is said to be able to survive in the body if the conditions were optimal. I’ve seen stories about women who miscarriage and got pregnant again within the same cycle (of ovulation)… so in simpler terms… super ? Heehee ;D 

@2PMWooFan13: Ahahaha! Epic? You mean it in a good way, right? ;D

@YifanardoDaKrisci: HAHAHA! Glad that you suffered a roller coaster ride of emotions! Means I wrote it well ^^ Thanks~~~~  PS That was some serious hate you must have going for me to hit me with the USG machine……… ><

@Zelo-lover: Thanks! :D 

@mitsuka501: So you’re happy right? Because there’s no way I’m coming near you for a hug if that mosquito-racket death threat is still over my head…. 

@ChanBaekExo: Sorry bout the tears for the last two chapters…. >< 

@--inspiritic: YESH! Hopefully… 

@joohyun007: YAY! Received! 

@salalm: hahaha! Would be wonderful if both were born. But yes to dot means no rainbow.  

@: I owe you tears? Hahaha! Ok? I’ll um cry for you? :P 

@hanadylaila: Hahaha! You sure are one derpy ready, that’s for sure. But it makes things more fun here in AFF, doesn’t it?^^ 

@nicolebunnykpop: Oops… not my best chapter tho…  

@niadubu: Almost cried?! Dang it! Should have wrote better to earn those tears! ;P

@asdfghjklulu: Not heartbreaking anymore? ^^ 

@SHINee2MinJongKey19: Thank you! :D 

@springjasmine91: Yup I hope so too… Ok I shouldn’t say that when you have a shotgun…  

@aejae22: Shocker, as in good shock right? ^^ As for your comment on Suho wearing the same shoes. In my mind, at least, I think Jongin is completely contented with the fact that Kyungie was the one who initiated and that was all that mattered.

@WooRih: AW you still think I’m awesome even though I killed Dot? Can I love you?! 

xjjongluvbummie: Rainbow happened^^ 

@syazLuv3unha3: Hope Rainbow made it better^^ 

@myungielove: Yup. Angel Dot. Baby Rainbow :) 

@keyutipie: You cried for Dot. Did you cry for Rainbow too? 

@NikkiLi: I did! Make another one… 

@Gogiswag: Complicated? Hahaha! I should be happy right? ^^ that I managed to make you feel that way~ 

@Kpopluv23: Yup! 

@leenyagami: HAHAHA! Here I’ll go you some too! ………………….. 

@icanmakeyourbedrock: Awww don’t be sad…  

@ShinShinChannie: Um to make it more real? ^^ these kind of things do happen in real life~ 

@hotaru1225: True, unfortunately… I didn’t mean to make you cry >< Sowie…. 

@Dennie3103: What about Chanyeol? ^^

@bowties: Yup and into depression mode he went… 

@lovemeknot: So sorry to hear about your aunt… It is awful to watching someone go through such a painful experience that I would never wish even on my worst enemies…

@xxoxkai: Updated! Hope you liked it! 

@Hanullie: Thanks for the compliment, you are so sweet! No Dot but is Rainbow ok? :D 

@Tomomi_Mayuki: Thanks for reading! ^^ Glad you like what I write!  

@AeChaPark: Oops, not too sure on how to reply your comment when Dot is well…. gone…. 

@DetNaq: And you too… not sure how to respond to your comment… 

@BabyKiro: YAY thanks for your SWEET comment! And this not being a fic? HAHAHA I sure do hope what I wrote is all true! 

@choinadyu29: Hope you liked that part on the F(x) teaser… Very very short tho… sorry bout that… ><

@Yanonini02: Thanks! AND I LOVE YOU TOO SUBBIE! ^^

@CKeh97: AH my epic commentor ish back!  You are learning French? How cool! And Comme des Garcons means like boys???! LIKE SERIOUSLY?? WOW. That just took their couple shoes to a whole new level…

@harleezy: Thanks for commenting! I feel bad for the Russian fans too; all they did were to take a photo with some idols.  

@Fluttershy123: YESH you are right… I was trying to foreshadow… /so that I wouldn’t get so much hate…../

@annexing: Oops another comment I am not entirely sure on how to reply….

 

Thanks guise for commenting! I just cannot tell you how much all those sweet sweet comments mean to me <333