Life

Baby Story II

 

Kyungsoo’s POV

6 weeks

Things were relatively back to normal.

But the twins’ 6th week of life was one very very hectic week.

It started off with a bit of excitement with the twins starting to make facial expressions.

Pursing their lips.

Raising their eyebrows.

Wrinkling their noses.

Furrowing their brows.

We could spend all day just watching them experiment with their facial features. Well, we did, actually. All six of us spent the entire day sitting in the living room and trying to decipher what each expression meant. So far, we had identified a few facial expressions, namely the ‘I-need-a-diaper-change’ face and the ‘Can-I-have-a-bottle-of-milk’ face.

 

 

And then during the second half of the week, we had quite a scare with Jungwoo running a fever.

It happened one morning when I was woken up by the cries of Jungwoo at six in the morning. Thinking that he was hungry, I quickly rushed to the crib beside our bed and lifted him into my arms. The minute I touched him, I felt something was wrong. He was burning up a temperature but he was just fine when I fed him two hours ago...

“What’s wrong?” Jongin was sitting on the bed, rubbing his eyes groggily. He must have seen the concerned look on my face.

“I think Jungwoo is running a fever,” I told him worriedly as I carried the baby to him. He took one touch and immediately ran for the phone. Although it was six in the morning, our gynaecologist still answered the call and said that she would come over immediately.

In the meantime, she advised us to give him a sponge or tub bath with lukewarm water for about five to ten minutes to reduce his body temperature as water evaporates from his skin. Jongin frantically removed the clothes off the whimpering baby and headed to the bathroom. I grabbed the sponge and started patting Jungwoo’s warm body with the wet sponge. It seemed to soothe his discomfort a bit as he stopped whining. By the time the doctor arrived at six thirty, Jungwoo had already fallen back to sleep.

She took his temperature and heaved a sigh of relief. 100 degrees. It was a fever, but not one that was harmful for Jungwoo. She explained that this being his first fever, it was a sign that his immune system was doing its job in fighting off an infection. The fever was actually a good thing rather than a problem in and of itself.

Upon hearing that, Jong in and I just sighed in relief. Phew.

We profusely apologised to her for making her come so early in the morning.

“Nah, it’s alright. I’ve grown fond of your little family. And besides, it is always better to be safe than sorry.”

“So, does Jungwoo need any medication?”

“No. Do not give any medication to him and never use alcohol swaps to cool him down because the alcohol can easily slip through his skin into his system. Since I am here, I might as well do the postpartum check-up today!”

So she did a postpartum check up on me and the babies. We also let her in on our progress with the whole baby blues issue. Thankfully, she said that she believed the whole baby blues was more or less gone and won’t be coming back.

So that concluded our hectic 6th week of the twins’ lives.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jongin’s POV

10 weeks

The next few weeks flew by at the blink of an eye.

Before I knew it, our precious boys were 10 weeks old.

They were starting drool on anything and everything and they were also learning to hold their heads up by themselves. I could still remember the first time Dongwoo rolled from his side to his back. I was preparing more milk formula when I heard Kyungie shouting excitedly in the living room.

“Jongin!! Come here! Dongie just rolled over!”

I raced out and Kyungie placed Dongwoo on his side again. And then he just rolled over. I started jumping up and down with Kyungie and we danced around the living room elatedly. Dongwoo just laid on his back, his eyes following us around the room. He must have been thinking that we were a pair of crazy people by the looks on his face.

The twins were smiling a lot more now and there were times when they would actually giggle. Well, they did have lots of entertainment being in the house with six young adults making funny faces and tickling them all the time. They were crying a lot less now as well.

Physically, they were growing very quickly. Too quickly, if you asked me. Their bodies were way bigger than they were at birth and their movements were getting a bit more coordinated. The jerky arm and leg movements of their newborn days were gone and replaced by to smoother, more circular motions.They were also sleeping for longer periods of time, no longer waking up every two hours. Our bedtime routine usually involved singing, a bath, rocking or just talking. And they would nod off on their own and wake up about four to five hours later for night feeding.

That being said, we were still very sleep-deprived. Having to get up multiple times during the night to take care of two babies made it extremely difficult to have a proper night of sleep. Thankfully, the other members were always more than willing to help us look after Jungwoo and Dongwoo during the day for us to catch some sleep. They had grown to love them as much as we did, so much so that they often volunteered to baby-sit them. Having the members to help out with the babies was definitely a blessing. Thanks to them, I had also been able to take Kyungie out for a few dates. To have some time as just the two of us. Sometimes it was just a walk in the park and a nice long talk. Other times it was a nice meal in a nearby barbeque restaurant or a movie late at night.

Now that the twins were ten weeks old, we were also planning to return to the recording studio to prepare for the new album. We would love to bring the boys to the SM building with us but the possibility of fans staking out outside the building freaked us out. Instead of risking that, my mum had graciously offered to babysit the twins when the six of us went for album preparations. Kyungie had been working hard to get his body back into shape. He watched his diet carefully and we went for regular runs in the evening while the members looked after the twins.

The six of us were feeling the immerse pressure and stress regarding our comeback. For starters, we hadn’t released anything since our debut and the fans were anxiously waiting. All eyes seemed to be on us and we knew we had to make our comeback phenomenal and worth the wait. Secondly, we haven’t been working on our album for a few months now as we were so busy with the pregnancy and babies. It worried us that we had yet to have made enough preparations to meet those expectations. We hardly practised any dance routine and choreography, let alone our synchronisation. Would we even be able to make a comeback? Would our fans still be waiting for us? Would they still want to support us? Would we meet their expectations

Leaning over the crib with Kyungie’s head resting on my shoulder, we both watched the two sleeping boys. Watching my sons, all my worries seeped away.

Everything was worth it.

Everything will be worth it.

 

 

I ran my fingers through Kyungie’s soft brown hair. He turned his head to look at me.

“10 weeks! Can you believe it?” he whispered, so as to not wake the boys up.

I gave a smile and shook my head.

 

 

He leaned over to give both of them a slight peck on their rosy cheeks.

“Goodnight, my baby boys. Never get older.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Um..... so I will be travelling from today until 1st June. And I'm not sure if I'll be able to get internet access.

I try to write while on the road and upload if I can get internet access but no guarantees ><

So... see you guys soon? Otherwise, it'll be many updates on the 1st of June....

 

Thanks for reading and leave a comment! :)