Favourite

Baby Story II

 

Jongin's POV
 
In a random photo studio
 
The album was ready. 
 
The music video had been recorded. 
 
The comeback had already been set. 
 
 
 
All that was left to do was to wait. 
 
It was nerve-wrecking and yet exhilarating. This was what we loved to do, performing, singing, dancing. But the long hiatus we had took had made us rusty? Perhaps. 
 
I thought about the concept for this album. Ironic, wasn't it? That we were going back to our school boy days when we had just went through a life-changing event that made us grew up way beyond our years. But I was sure not complaining. 
 
Right now we were taking teaser photos and that kind of set things into motion. The feeling of a comeback was in the air and all the members were chatting excitedly while waiting for their turn to take the individual yearbook like shots. 
 
XOXO
 
That was our album name. A little bit too greasy, if you asked me. And I'm sure anyone would know who came up with that name. 
 
Our dear maknae, Sehunnie. 
 
Apparently, that was what he always ended his messages to Luhan with. 
 
Wasn't it a little too explicit? 
 
Hugs and kisses. 
 
12 members in EXO. 
 
6 couples. 
 
XOXO. 
 
I wondered if the fans would catch the hint this time. 
 
And who thought that it was a brilliant idea to follow anything Sehun suggested anyway?
 
Right now, it was Kyungie's turn to take his individual shot and he looked absolutely adorable in that uniform. The concept suited him best as compared to the other members, if you asked me. The way he was smiling and winking to the camera. Ugh. 
 
How could anyone be this cute?!
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kyungsoo’s POV
 
"Ok, Kyungsoo, you'll done. Next, Jongin," the photography called out. 
 
As Jongin walked past me to the photoshoot area, he mischievously smacked my . I felt my face flushed a hot red as he gave me a tiny smirk. 
 
What a playboy...
 
"Kyungsoo ah, fill this in. It will be used for the teaser pictures."
 
"Ok," I took the clipboard from the coordi noona and flipped to the piece of paper with my name printed on it. Sitting down on a bench, I started filling up the mini questionnaire.  
 
Name, birthday, nickname. Pretty easy stuff. 
 
Future dream? Favourite subject? Why were they asking such stuff?
 
 
Ah... That's right, we were doing a school boy concept. So all this photos that we were taking in school uniforms were going to presented in a yearbook style. 
 
I see I see.
 
Future dream. Hmmmm definitely to be a singer. A school boy's dream? World's best singer. 
 
Favourite subject. Language. Definitely language. I had always been good at language when I was in school. 
 
Last question. Favourite thing.
 
That's easy. 
 
 
 
Jongin.
 
Definitely a huge favourite of mine. 
 
All the nights in bed with him. All the skinship he always did. All the times I watched he play the father role to perfection with the twins. All the times he played the lover role. 
 
All the times he loved on me. 
 
But I couldn't possibly write that. 
 
The twins? Couldn't write that either. 
 
 
 
 
Family. That was it! Short and sweet. 
 
And true! Jongin and the twins were the most important things in my life now. They were my upmost priority but I was most certainly not complaining. Spending time with them made my heart sing with joy and love.
 
(Plus, fans could easily make the assumption that I meant my parents.)
 
 
Having completed the questionnaire, I lifted my head up and watched Jongin turn on his charms for the camera. Man, did he look fine in that uniform. That manly body of his could hardly be concealed by the thin fabric of the school uniform. That reminded me. I wondered what he wrote for his questionnaire. 
 
Ha. Found it. Kim Jongin. 
 
Future dream: world's best singer. Wow we were telepathic! My heart was pounding fast when I saw that he had written the same thing as I did. We must really be connected by fate, ok, that was a little too dramatic but it was definitely nice to see that we had some sort of telepathic connection. 
 
Favourite subject: language. That was expected. We both loved language in school. No big surprise there. 
 
Favourite thing: Michael.... 
 
What? 
 
Seriously, Jongin? 
 
MJ albums?! 
 
What about me? 
 
How could he choose Michael Jackson over me?!
 
He was so in for it tonight. 
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jongin's POV
 
In the dance studio
 
“Phew. That was tiring.”
 
I collapsed to the ground the moment the music stopped. The dance routine for XOXO was more demanding and strenous than MAMA and History. I was completely out of breath after dancing the routine just three times. 
 
Kyungie sat down beside Suho, his back leaning against the mirror. That's weird; why didn't he come and sit with me like he always did? He had been acting weird since the photoshoot earlier in the morning. Like he was avoiding me. Like I did something wrong. He refused to make eye contact with me in the van all the way from the photo studio to the dance studio. 
 
Looking at his face now, I knew he was deliberately avoiding me. Not that I did anything wrong. What did I do to deserve such silent treatment? 
 
Was it because I smacked his bum jut now? 
 
But he blushed and smiled! I was pretty sure he liked it. 
 
Sighs. 
 
I got up from the floor and casually walked over to where he was sitting. He pretended to be deep in conversation with Suho but judging by glances Suho was giving, I was pretty sure Kyungie was avoiding me. 
 
"Hey." I took a seat beside Kyungie. 
 
"I....I've....got to go," Suho stammered as he stood up awkwardly. 
 
Kyungie was still facing the other side, refusing to look at me. 
 
"What's the matter, Kyungie?" I tugged on his shirt sleeve. 
 
Still refusing to even glance in my direction.
 
"Come on, Kyungie ah..." I started pulling out all the aegyo that I could do. 
 
"I'm sorry? Did I do something wrong?" I continued tugging on his sleeve. 
 
He folded his arms across his chest and frowned. 
 
"Sorry? Ha. And you don't even know what you did wrong?" 
 
"Tell me?"
 
"You seriously do not know?"
 
"Um... Because I slapped your ?"
 
He practically face palmed as I guessed that was not the right answer. 
 
He pouted angrily and huffed a breath of irritation. His eyebrows were knotted into a frown as he studied my face. Then he decided that I really had no clue so he sighed a sigh of resignation. 
 
That was the calm right before the storm. 
 
 
"Michael Jackson? Ring a bell? How could you write that MJ albums were your favourite thing?! How could you choose those albums over me?! Aren't I supposed to be the 'light of your life' like you always say to me at night? And yet I can't even compete with your MJ albums to be your favourite thing?! And what about the twins?! Are they behind the albums on your favourite things list as well?! And I thought you loved me?! To think that Jongin was the first word that popped into my mind when I first read the question. Ha. How foolish can I be?!"
 
Ah...
 
So that was what he was mad about?
 
And....
 
He wanted to write me as his favourite thing? 
 
I was grinning so widely that I thought my lips might rip apart. Watching he pout over something as small as this made me want to laugh. 
 
"You wanted to write me as your favourite thing?" I asked incredulously. 
 
"After all I said, that was all you heard?! What are you smiling for? Have you not heard a single word I said?!" 
 
"Aw, come here you silly boy." I wrapped my arms around the now-sulking Kyungie. 
 
"I wrote 'love'. See the crossed out words beside the words 'Michael Jackson albums'? I wrote 'love'. Because you, too, are my favourite thing. But the company decided that he didn't fit my image as the group's dance machine so they asked me to change it to something more dance-related."
 
He took a closer look at the paper before his face flushed in embarrassment. 
 
This boy will be the death of me. How could anyone be this cute? His big brown eyes were darted from one corner of the room to another before stopping at my face. He looked at me with a puppy-like expression and his hands clasped on to my arms which were surrounding his body. 
 
"I'm your favourite thing? You do love me and want me right? More than the MJ albums?"
 
How could I not laugh at that?
 
“Hahaha! Now I’m looking at you,” I said, “and you’re asking me if I still want you, as if I could stop loving you. As if I would want to give up the thing that makes me stronger than anything else ever has. I never dared give much of myself to anyone before – bits of to past relationships but even those took years to do it – but, Kyung ah, since the first time I saw you, I have belonged to you completely. I still do. Never doubt that."
 
"Ugh, Jongin ah. When did you become so mushy?!"
 
I bent my head down to swoop him up in a kiss. I heard him inhale in shock before his body went limp in my arms. 
 
And when his lips met mine, I knew that I could be the world's best singer or have hoards of adoring fans, but nothing would ever compare to every kiss with the light and love of my life and knowing that my love would last forever.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: hi guises! Here's an update; hope you like it and leave a comment! ^^