Day in the Life

Baby Story II

Kyungsoo’s POV

*Disclaimer: this day in a life by all means does not depict the standard day in our lives, mainly because we have very different schedules from day to day. But here’s just an example of how a day in our lives is like.

 

02 00

“Ugh…ughugh…sniff…”

I slowly opened my eyes and pulled my tired body off the bed. I had grown to be so attuned with the different sounds that my seven month old twins made. This mild whining meant that he was hungry. Failure to feed him any time soon would lead to a full-blown wailing session. Dongwoo. He had yet to sleep through the night, unlike his brother. But he was getting better, probably waking up twice a night to feed.

I strode over to the crib and lifted the fussy baby into my arms. I settled into the rocking chair by the window and gently pushed the rubber tip of the milk bottle into his tiny mouth. The soft ling, accompanied with the deep snores of Jongin’s sleeping, filled the silence of the night. Despite being dead tired, I felt contented. The twins were growing so fast that they were becoming so big and heavy. Becoming more independent too.

Looking down, I realised that Dongwoo had fastened his huge brown eyes on my face as his mouth led on the milk bottle.

“Hey there, big guy,” I whispered.

His eyes crinkled into a crescent moon, twinkling under the moonlight shining through the window. His mouth widened into a sweet grin, abandoning the milk bottle to reward me with a bright gummy smile showcasing his two front teeth.

Parenthood was indeed the best thing that had ever happened to me, along with Jongin.

After burping my son, I tucked him back into the crib beside his brother, before crawling back into the bed and into Jongin’s arms. Darkness enveloped me and I fell back into blissful sleep.

 

06 00

“Ugghhhh….ugh…”

Jungwoo.

My eyelids were so heavy that they refused to open. I stirred and was about to get up when I felt Jongin’s breath at my ear.

“Sleep. I’ll take care of him.”

“Mmm…” Without even opening my eyes, I fell back to sleep, dreaming about my little perfect family playing in a beautiful garden with sunlight streaming down around us.

 

09 00

My phone’s alarm vibrated, waking me up from my wonderful slumber.

Stretching out my limbs, I lazed in bed for a couple of minutes before I realised that Jongin was not in bed and neither were the twins. Swinging my legs off the edge of the bed, I headed over to the bathroom to wash up before going off to find Jongin and the boys. I found them on my first guess. The kitchen. Jongin had both boys seated in their high chairs and was flying airplane spoons of mashed bananas into their awaiting mouths. The boys were squealing excitedly, slamming their palms on the plastic tables of their high chairs.

“Open wide! The plane is coming!” Jongin waved the spoon around in the air, making his way nearer to Dongwoo before popping the spoon into his mouth. “And the monster ate the plane!”

I leaned against the kitchen door frame and grinned.

“You’re up.”

Jongin looked up from his mini aviation act and caught my eye. Grinning widely, he said, “Morning, handsome.”

“Morning, you.” I walked up and gave him a peck on his cheeks. “Have you had breakfast?”

“Nope.”

“Alright, I’ll prepare something for the both of us.”

 

10 00

“Aw man, that is nasty!”

Jongin cringed as he stood beside me. In front of us, a half- baby chewing on a toy as we both stared at the soiled diaper. The smell was beyond horrible.

“Gosh, what do you eat to produce this, buddy?!” I couldn’t help but exclaimed. I quickly disposed the disgusting diaper and wiped Dongwoo’s bottom with a wet tissue. Jungwoo was in a complete food coma after breakfast and was fast asleep in Jongin’s arms.

Fastening a fresh new diaper on him, I lifted him into my arms and carried him to the living room where the other members were. About three pairs of arms reached for him so I relinquished my hold on my son and handed him over to Luhan. The members then proceeded to play with him until he fell asleep. By then Jungwoo had woken up and the members turned their attention on him.

 

13 00

The doorbell rang and Yixing walked over to the door.

“Hello, ma’am.” He bowed respectfully.

“Oh hi Yixing. Just call me mom, honey, ma’am makes me feel old.” She gently patted him on the arm.

“Omoni.” I strode up to her as Jongin’s mother entered the dormitory.

“Hi, Mom!”

“Ah, Kyungsoo ah. How are you today? And Jongin, can you please be neater? I mean, look at your closet!”

 

18 00

Oh the irony.

The time when we had schedules were actually the time that Jongin and I had together, without the boys. Alone time as a couple and yet it was the time when we were most exposed to the public. Ever since we decided that we didn’t mind if the public knew about the two of us, we were practically shameless in the things we did to each other.

Exchanging grins as we performed. Touching each other during rehearsals. Fooling around with each other on F(x) sunbaenims’ encore stage.

Performing for the screaming fans too was exhilarating. Growl was a song that we had been practising for a very long time. It felt great to be able to finally share this awesome song with our fans. And we were very pleased with the positive feedback that the song had received.

Right now, we were heading for dinner, before we head back to the dorm, to the boys.

 

20 00

“KYUNGIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!”

Jongin’s desperate cries from the bathroom could be heard even from the furthest room in the dormitory. Panic and fear gripped my heart. As I raced to the bathroom, I could hear him yelling and I could hear Dongwoo screaming.

Immediately I feared the worst.

Jongin was in the bath with both the twins. We often took turns to bath with them and tonight was Jongin’s turn. Was Dongwoo hurt? Or was it Jungwoo? Where the hell were they screaming so desperately?

“KYUNG AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

As I entered the bathroom, it took me a full minute to process the sight in front of me. There Jongin was, standing in the bathtub with nothing but his boxers on. He was holding a screaming and wildly protesting Dongwoo out of the water whilst yelling for me to help.

“Great, you’re here. Help me!!”

I grabbed Dongwoo and gave him a once over, running my fingers along his body. Thankfully, he didn’t seem hurt and stopped crying the moment I wrapped a towel around him. Then my gaze shifted downward and I saw Jungwoo sitting in the bathtub with the water pooled up to his waist. He looked innocently at me with his wide eyes and a wave of relief swept over all. All three seemed safe and unhurt. What was the fuss all about? This wasn’t Jongin’s first time bathing the twins by himself; we did it so often that we could do it with our eyes closed! So what was this all ab----- Then I saw it.

The water Jungwoo was sitting in had a thin layer of brown substance on top of it.

Jungwoo had pooped! Being fed mainly milk, Jungwoo’s poop was so liquid that it just dispursed through the water creating a poop film on the surface. I in my cheeks so that I wouldn’t burst out laughing out loud. But I failed miserably.

I laughed so hard that my sides hurt and I was almost hyperventilating. My stomach muscles were so painful from the spasm that I could hardly breathe but I just couldn’t stop laughing. Dongwoo, warm in his towel, started giggling in my arms as well. Even Jungwoo was smiling.

And Jongin? Well, being ankle deep in water, let’s just say he was not as amused as we were.

“Is this funny to you?!!!” He glared at me, while frantically trying to drain the dirty water and re-washing the soiled baby. Balancing Dongwoo on my hip, I raised one hand to wipe away my tears and just nodded because words failed me.

 

22 00

The boys were finally asleep.

The twins could sit all by themselves and were even learning to fall forward on their hands to catch themselves. They fell to the side sometimes but then just rolled over to get on their hands and knees. They were growing so fast, I was certain that crawling was just around the corner and soon Kyungie and I would be chasing about some speedy babies. They were such party animals and did not want to sleep, even if they were dead tired. Instead, they played and played and played. Mostly with the members and occasionally with each other.  Since the members were excitedly playing with them, the boys wanted to be up and talking to them.

Watching the members play peek-a-boo or other silly games, Jongin and I just sat on the couch watching the clock. Eventually, we had to carry the twins back to our bedroom and slowly winded them down, preparing them for bed.

Now that they were both awake, I laid in Jongin’s arms in bed. As I rested my head on his chest, I could feel his fingers playing with my hair. I ran my fingers on his bare chest, appreciating every curve and line of his muscles.

“Don’t tempt me, Kyungie.” His dark and low whisper was filled with passion.

I just laughed.

? Nah.

We had to catch as much sleep as we could before Dongwoo would wake us up in the middle of the night for another feeding. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Happy reading^^ short, I know...sorry :/ but you like it~

Leave a comment :D

Then and now