Love Game

Baby Story II

Suho’s POV

Park Sohyun Love Game Radio

“#2763-nim asked this question.

If you were a girl, please think about this question as a girl, there is a member that I would like to date.

1, 2, 3.

X or O?”

 

My hands immediately flew up as an O.

The first name that popped up in my head was obvious. No doubt about it. I would definitely date him as girl, no questions about that. In fact, I was dating him right now. As a boy.

Yixing.

But my leader side of me made me say someone else’s name. It just came out of nowhere. But the moment I said, I felt that I made the right choice as the leader of EXO. My eyes curved into two black lines and my mouth widened into a huge grin.

“D.O.”

The look on Kyungsoo face was just priceless that I couldn’t help but burst out laughing. When asked why, I stated my reasons. Or part of it, at least.

“He is just so cute. That I want to . That I want to pinch his cheeks.”

Well, the main reason was that I missed that cute side of him. I knew he didn’t like to be called cute. He did mention that once somewhere, I forgot. But he did. Lately, he had been acting all serious and stoic I wasn’t quite sure what he was trying to achieve. His cute and squishy personality made him a fan favorite during our MAMA era. Ever since we about being a puppy instead of a wolf when we were practicing for Wolf, his personality took a 180 degree change. He became more harsh and cold, not just in private with the rest of us, but even in front of the camera. It had been quite a worry for me as a leader and a hyung and what better opportunity was this to remind him once again that the cute and lovable personality was one of his best traits.

Or

I was simply overthinking things.

Well.

That was highly possible too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyungsoo’s POV

Park Sohyun Love Game Radio

He didn’t signal ‘O’.

He didn’t signal ‘O’.

He didn’t signal ‘O’.

My own arms raised in a circle, I could only stare stupidly at his crossed arms. What did that make me? Why was he dating me then? But before my anger bubbled, the MC asked a question to Suho hyung that I didn’t quite catch in the midst of my shock from Jongin raising a ‘X’.

“D.O.”

What?

What was the question?

My mind was a complete blank and that must have shown because the MC teased me about being flabbergasted.

“D.O. sshi, why do you think Suho chose you?”

Quick! Think fast.

“Well, I have no idea. Why did you choose me?”

Suho then launched into the whole I was cute talk, which I promptly tuned out. I guessed he had signaled ‘O’ as well, and the MC was asking him about who he would choose as a girl. My mind immediately went back to fuming over the fact that Jongin didn’t raise an ‘O’.

To make matters worse, he of all people had to cut in and ask, “Would you accept Suho if he was a girl?”

Now you are interested?! You didn’t want to date any member from EXO just a moment ago!

Anger swirled within me, a violent windstorm readying her strike. And like a helpless vessel caught in the storm’s fury, I felt a name leave my mouth when the MC asked for who I would choose. And that wasn’t the name I had in mind when I first raised that ‘O’.

“Suho.”

Well, in my defense, I didn’t choose him simply because he had just chosen me. After Jongin, he was my second choice. Since I wasn’t exactly happy with Jongin at the moment, Suho was the next best option since I had already answer ‘O’ to the question.

Who told him to raise that ‘X’ in the first place?

Hmph.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jongin’s POV

At the dormitory

Balancing the freshly bathed boys on my hip, I carried them from the bathroom to the bed that I shared with Kyungie.

“You guys like taking baths, huh?” I playfully nuzzled their bare bellies with my nose. They giggled, their mouths widening into cute little grins. Their arms waved around, attacking my face and I let them. I told them about my day as I powdered them down.

Kyungie suddenly materialized beside me with two onesies in his hands. Helping me dress Jungwoo, he worked silently, only speaking occasionally to the baby in his arms. I tried not to focus on the awkward silence between us and concentrated on keeping Dongwoo entertained.

I knew Kyungie wasn’t too pleased with me. He purposely took a separate van from me on the way back to the dormitory. While I wasn’t too sure, I had a pretty good guess on what ticked him off. I narrowed it down to two things. One, Suho called him cute. Two, I didn’t raise an ‘O’ to a particular question. I was leaning more towards to the latter.

“Dongwoo ah, are you ready for bed, little guy?” I smiled as Dongwoo opened his rosy lips to make a small oval shaped yawn. Lifting him up to my chest, I rocked the tired baby, pacing up and down the room. In no time, he had fallen asleep on my shoulder and I gently set the sleeping baby into the crib.

Without a baby in my hand, I suddenly felt very vulnerable. No more baby to hide behind. I could almost feel the burn of Kyungie’s fiery glare as he watched me tuck Dongwoo to bed. Once Dongwoo was well settled in, there wasn’t any more excuse to avoid Kyungie so I just sat gently on the bed opposite to where Kyungie was sitting cross-legged. Jungwoo lay between us, gurgling excitedly at the toy Kyungie was holding.

I slowly shifted my glance to Kyungie’s face and my, was he not happy. His lips were in an angry thin line and all that clenched muscles around his face… Suddenly I was extremely relieved that our son was lying on the bed between us because it seemed to be the only thing holding Kyungie back from reaching me. An angry Kyungie was not someone I would want to face on my best day.

 

Jungwoo ah, don’t go to sleep so soon. You are the only thing between me and Kyungie.

“Why did you do that?” He whispered, trying to keep his face as neutral as possible for the sake of our oblivious son lying between us.

“Huh?”

“Don’t play dumb with me, Jongin. Why did you raise ‘X’?”

“You are angry over that?”

“You haven’t answered my question.” His tone was monotonous and deadpan.

“Because I wouldn’t date you as a girl.” Well, that was the truth. Before he had the chance to rage out, I quickly finished what I was trying to say, “I’d date you as a guy. Just like how the things are right now.”

At my answer, he stared at me with his signature huge eyes.

“That’s the reason why I rose that ‘X’. Other than you who I want to date as a guy, I wouldn’t date any of our members if I’d been a girl. So ‘X’ was my answer.”

He continued to stare at me, speechless. And I just had to smile at that. He looked just adorable.

“So why did you choose Suho hyung?”

Two bright red spots dotted his cheeks. His eyes widened further as he stammered, “Wh--- Because… because I was mad at you and… and… Suho hyung…. Well.. he’s a nice guy… so… I picked h-----“

I shut him off by leaning over the baby and crashing my lips on his.

He practically melted at that moment, I was sure.

But soon the gurgles of a certain baby broke our kiss prematurely as Jungwoo demanded some attention.

 

Jungwoo ah, hurry fall asleep. You are the only thing between me and Kyungie.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yixing’s POV

At the dormitory

“Innggggg.”

Gah.

I could just cringe at the sight of me acting cute as I stood in front of the mirror, trying out some aegyo. How on earth did any grown man do aegyo was way beyond me. Some of members seemed to be able to do it without evoking any puke from those watching. I guess I was not one of them.

“He is just so cute. That I want to . That I want to pinch his cheeks.”

 

 

He want cute?

I can do cute…

I can…

I’ll try…

 

So I continued practicing.

For him.

Him who occasionally hovered around Kyungsoo at the airport.

Him who wore the same shoes as Kyungsoo in Russia.

Him who chose Kyungsoo today as the member he’d date if he was a girl.

 

The sudden stop of the sound of rushing water signaled his impending entrance from the shower and I took one last look at the mirror, smoothing out a strand of hair. Then I stood at the door of the bathroom with my hands placed awkwardly in front of me.

The door flung open and a burst of steam escaped out in a huge misty cloud. He stepped out with a towel around his waist and a smaller towel around his neck. He tilted his head slightly to rub the towel over his wet hair and all I could see was that y jawline and collarbones.

“Yixing ah, what are you doing standing there?”

His words snapped me out of my staring and I coughed embarrassed. Clearing my throat, I took a deep breath.

“Anggg!” I squeezed my eyes shut, lifted both hands to my face and curled my fingers to mimic claws.

 

Silence.

I slowly peered through my eyelids to see Joonmyeon staring at me, his hand stopped in midair in the midst of drying his hair.

Wasn’t exactly the response I expected so I tried again.

“Annggggg!”

 

 

Silence then….

“What are you doing, Yixing ah?”

My eyes flew open and I found him in the exact same position the last time I looked. “Aegyo.” I was pretty sure by now, my face was a huge red tomato and I could just die from embarrassment.

“I can see that. But why?”

“Well… you… you said that you like…. Well… you chose Kyungsoo because he was cute!” I was stammering; it was so embarrassing that I just wanted to crawl under the covers and hide my face.

 

 

To my surprise, Suho burst out into hearty bellows of laughter.

“You did that because I said Kyungsoo was cute? You are so cute right now, I just want to pinch your cheeks!” Which he proceeded to do before he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close.

“Then why didn’t you choose me?” I, too, wrapped my arms around his shoulders. Pulling both of us to the bed, I lay down beside him and rested my head right beside his.

“I wanted to.” He swung one leg over mine and his arm s under my head to turn it to face him. “You are my answer but I wanted to use that opportunity to just let Kyungsoo know that his cute personality is sorely missed. That’s all.”

“I see.”

“You see?”

“Yes, I see that you are overthinking things again.”

“I am, aren’t I?” He let out a sigh.

“Well, he could ease off the sass but he is still plenty cute to me.”

“Oh wells, he didn’t look too happy after the recording today. You think he is mad at me?”

“I don’t think so. I think he’s mad with Jongin. They took separate vans home today.”

“They did?”

“Yup.”

“Should I worry about them?”

“No. You worry too much. If you had to worry about something, you should be worried about what I am going to do to you tonight.”

 

And I snatched both towels off his body. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Had been meaning to write the Kaisoo part and kudos to AeChaPark for suggesting that I add SuLay in as well~ Hope it didn't disappoint ^^ No pleading on Suho's part tho... :/

Leave a comment if you guys liked it :D

(Is it just me or did Kyungsoo really look back for Jongin's answer?)