Want

Baby Story II

Baekhyun’s POV

In the shower

“Triple crown!”

Chanyeol’s excited chatter could be heard even behind the closed bathroom door. Well, I could understand where he was coming from. I mean, he was usually already very hyper. Adding on the excitement from concluding the week of promotions with a triple crown, he was completely over the moon. He had been calling up all of his relatives for the past hour to share the news. I was happy too, completely ecstatic when we were announced as first place. But right now, after the initial excitement dies down, somehow I felt neglected.

 

I wanted him to celebrate with ME.

I wanted to spend some quality time with him.

 

I sounded like a complete spoiled brat. But who could blame me? Today was not only a huge milestone in our rookie careers but I was hoping it would be a huge milestone in our relationship. Was it too much to ask to just have some time alone with him? Was it too much to ask that the rest of the world waited? Was it too much to ask for some of his attention?

I rolled my eyes and closed them as the hot water hit my body.

Over the past few weeks, I had been thinking. Thinking a lot about our relationship, about our future. For starters, we rarely agreed on anything. We fought all the time and challenged each other constantly. He was happy-go-lucky; I was such an emo worry-wart. But despite our differences, we had one very important thing in common.

We were crazy about each other.

I guessed I just had to take consolation from them. I didn’t doubt the love he had for me. Him not giving the attention that I wanted was definitely not intentional, I was sure of that. I knew it would be like this when I entered into a relationship with him. Maybe it was me who was demanding too much. Or maybe it was just that he enjoyed being around people, plus people just tended to gravitate towards his positive energy, resulting in many connections that he had to honour.

But tonight….

 

 

I wanted to be a little selfish.

I wanted him all to myself.

I wanted to do something special tonight.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chanyeol’s POV

In the bedroom

I hung up the phone, ending the conversation with my aunt.

“Ahh….”

It was hard to sit still; my heart was still beating fast from the memory of receiving our third award this week. I got up from the chair and started jumping around the room, flinging my arms in the air. I raced to the phone once more, dialling yet another number. I couldn’t help it; I just had to share the wonderful news. I vaguely registered the bathroom door opening but didn’t pay much attention to it in my excitement to inform my second uncle.

“Rinngg--- Tu-Tu-Tu-“

Suddenly the ringing was cut short and replaced by the low steady dial tone. I looked up surprised to find Baek stand in front of me. His hair was dripping wet from the shower and he had nothing but a towel wrapped around his waist. His right index finger rested on the telephone switch hook. He stood there, with a burning glare in his eyes as he stared at me.

 “Yeol.”

I gulped.

One simple word.

My name, on his lips.

 

 

And I knew I was in deep trouble.

He was mad at me.

But whatever for?

“W…What’s the matter, Baek ah?”

“Am I important in your life?”

Huh? What was he asking?

“Sure you are. You are the most important person in my life.”

“Oh, is that so? Then why is it that you are off celebrating with the entire world except the most important person in your life?” Sarcasm dripped from every mouth that left his luscious lips. (Ha. Even in a moment like this, I was constantly thinking how good looking he was.)

“What do you mean?”

I knew, in the silence that followed, that anything could happen here. It might be too late: again, I might have missed my chance. He just glared at me, not saying another word. But I knew I had to do something at the very least.

“I’m sorry?”

"Sorry?" he said. He took a deep breath, as if calming himself down. "What would you do, if you could do anything?"

I took a step toward him, closing the space between us.

"This," I said cheekily, with a smirk on my face.

And then I kissed him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Baekhyun’s POV

When his lips crashed on to mine, all the resolute in me flew out the window. My legs went weak. My heart was pounding. My mind was completely blank. How was it that I could never stay angry with him? Where was the determination and resolve that I had just a minute ago?

But wait a minute.

Wasn’t this what I wanted?

That’s right.

This was exactly what I wanted.

His full attention.

 

On me and me alone.

Those sweet lips. My, oh my, I could kiss those lips all night long.

 

The fire in the pit of my tummy flared up.

He pulled back from the kiss, put both hands on the door on either side of my head and leaned in close, pinning me against it. I trembled like a rabbit caught within the clutches of a wolf. The wolf came closer. Bending his head, he began nuzzling my cheek. The problem was…I wanted the wolf to devour me.

“Yeol?” I combed his cropped black hair in my hands. We were still standing by the phone. "There's only one thing I want."

"What's that, Baek? Tell me."

My answer was simple.

"To want.” 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chanyeol’s POV

“To want.”

Each word was laced with passion. I pulled back to look at his face. He looked as if he was on fire from within, the moonlight lining his porcelain skin. The gaze in his eyes gripped me with a passion I thought only existed in movies. As though he found me the most precious thing in the world. I felt it then and couldn’t believe someone would actually want me that much.

That was enough of an invitation for me.

I let out a low growl and began stripping with such ferocious intent. I threw the towel from him to reveal his full body before. I pushed him on to the bed and propped myself above him. I lowered my lips on to his. He tasted sweet, like oranges, liquid sunshine in my mouth as we kissed, our tongues playing together.

In mid-kiss, I reached towards the drawer at our bedside.

Suddenly, Baek pulled away from the kiss and grabbed my hand, stopping it in mid-air.

“No protection. I want to try.”

He looked directly into my eyes.

“I want us to try for a baby.”

All my senses came flooding back. What did he just say? He wanted to try for a baby? Wordlessly, I searched his face. For any signs of hesitation. For any signs of rashness. For any signs of impulsive behaviour.

 

 

 

 

And I saw none.

What was going on here? All I saw was courage, passion and his unwavering love and sacrifice he had for me. That made me feel extremely guilty. All I had been was self-oriented and selfish, like a child throwing a tantrum for what he wanted. Did I consider Baek’s point of view? Maybe, but that was over-shadowed by my wants.

“We don’t have to do it now. We can wait until you are ready. You don’t have to do this for me.”

“No. I do. I want to do it for you. I want to do it for us. I am ready. Trust me. I have thought long and hard about it.”

“But we are in the middle of promotions.”

“I was thinking about what was the most important thing in my life and I decided it was you. As simple as that.”

“But—“

“No buts, Yeollie.” He smiled reassuringly. “I know what I’m doing. I want a child just as badly as you do. I saw Jongin and Kyung today, Yeollie. I saw how a family should be. What I missed in my childhood. And then I realised I could have that too. Maybe that is the missing piece in my life. The reason why I am always full of angst. Now I am filled with yearning and hope, Yeollie ah. I want it so much that it aches inside.”

I couldn’t really argue with that. Not that I could even get a word in. Beside I’d never won any arguments with him.

So I gave in.

 

 

When our two bodies met, it was just like a cup overflowing. We could stay together for hours, even days. We began the dance that night and finished it the next morning.

It was after, when there was still heat and mostly breathing, when there was still touch and mostly thought. The desire hung high in the air, leaving a comfortable silence and a room that smelt of sweat.

“Do you think it worked?” Baek placed a hand on my chest and propped up to look me in the eye.

“I have no idea,” I answered honestly.

“What if it doesn’t?”

“Then we try again.”

He seemed to consider my answer for a while before he laid back down in the crook of my arm and snuggled tightly against my body.

“If I had a camera," I said randomly, "I'd take a picture of you every day. That way I'd remember how you looked every single day of your life."

"I look exactly the same."

"Nope. You won't. You're changing all the time. A little bit every day. I just want to keep a record, that’s all."

"Yeah right. If you're so smart, how did I change today?"

"Hmmm, let me see. For one thing, your hair grew a fraction of a millimetre longer. You grew shorter by a fraction of a millimetre. And your manhood shrank a fraction of a—"

"It did not!" He whacked my head hard.

"Yes, it did," I said jokingly.

"Did NOT.”

"Did too."

"What else, idiot?" He rolled his eyes.

Our typical conversations. Then I decided to take a more serious tone.

"You got a little happier and also a little sadder."

"Leaving me exactly the same… You really are an idiot!"

"Nah. They don’t cancel each other out. Every day you become a little more of both, which means that right now, at this exact moment, you're the happiest and the saddest you've ever been in your whole life."

"How would you know?"

"Think about it, Baek ah. Have you ever been happier than right now, lying here beside me?"

"No."

"And have you ever been sadder than right now, more aware of what is missing in your life?"

"I guess not if you put in that way. No."

"It isn't like that for everyone, you know. Some people---"

"What about you? Are you the happiest and saddest right now that you've ever been?"

"Of course I am."

"Why?"

"Because nothing makes me happier and nothing makes me sadder than you do.”

He craned his neck to look at me.

“You asked me just now whether you are important to me. And I answered that you are the most important person in my life. I meant it then. I mean it now. I will continue to mean it in the future. I’ve always said that I love you. I do from the bottom of my heart. But love, I’ve come to understand, is more than mumbling those three words before bedtime. Today your sarcasm made something click in my head. Love is sustained by action, a pattern of devotion in the things we do for each other every day. And I realised that perhaps I may not have been doing enough. I was the one who forced my way into your life. I was the one who insisted on this relationship. And yet the moment I got what I wanted, I find myself not putting in much effort. Taking you for granted, perhaps. When you said that you wanted to try, that really set the wheels in my head spinning. I haven’t given much thought into understanding what it meant to be able to love you, Baek ah. I am sorry.”

As I spoke, the guilt in me grew bigger and more unbearabl. I felt so selfish, so small, so immature.

I hug him tightly. “I can’t imagine my life without you, Baek ah. I love you so much.” I said. “Me, too,” he breathed. “My life would be empty without you. I love you so much that it hurts sometimes.”

“Shh… You have done more for me than you know.” He smoothed his hands over my chest.

 

“Now go to sleep, my dear Yeollie. I'm warning you that I plan to sleep with you in my arms all night long.”

I made a promise to myself to do better by him as I slowly slipped into a peaceful sleep in the arms of the one I loved. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Some Baekyeol~

And also, I want to say a big big thanks to all my subbies!!!! 200+! Big kiss and hug to each and every one of you! MUACKS!!

And leave a comment~ I love reading them :D