Almost

Baby Story II

Kyungsoo’s POV

In the hotel room, 4 a.m.

“Uhhh….nuhhhh…”

I woke up to Jungwoo’s whining.

Pushing up from the bed, I strode over to the makeshift crib. Reaching in, I lifted the baby into my arms. His bright eyes laced with just a touch of wetness as he reached out to wrap his short arms around my neck. Carrying him into our bed, I laid him down between me and Jongin. Jongin was now awake as well, lying on his side with his head propped up on his hand. I prepared a bottle and started feeling Jungwoo, who led eagerly on the rubber tip of the bottle. Jongin’s fingers ran gently over the baby’s chest as his eyes were kept trained on me.

“What are you looking at?” Under the darkness of the early dawn, I hoped he couldn’t see the blush on my face.

“You.”

“I know that,” I said exasperated, “I want to know why. It’s not like you haven’t seen me before!”

“What’s wrong with me looking at the man I love? Ahh… I could just lay here and stare at you forever.”

“There you go again, with your cheesy lines.”

He just smiled, but his gaze left my face to look at our son, who had finished eating and was now trying to vie for his attention. Jungwoo didn’t fall back to sleep until it was almost six and by then it was time to get ready to leave the hotel. We ate breakfast in the room and were set to leave at six-thirty in the morning. I carried the sleeping baby in my arms as Jongin did one last check of the room before we both exited the hotel room. All the members and staff were gathered at the lift lobby. Our coordi noona walked up to us, offering to take the baby.

“It’s ok; I want to let him sleep a little more.” I smiled my thanks as she nodded in acknowledgment. Jungwoo was sleeping peacefully his face pressed against my chest. His tiny hands balled into fists on my shirt. He didn’t have much sleep last night; plus he would probably be cranky and fussy if I handed him over to the coordi noona now and the last thing we needed was a loud wailing baby. Besides we were taking the back door which, from yesterday’s experience, was void of any fans. So there shouldn’t be a problem.

Our baggage were first collected and the porters took them to our vans. Then we entered the elevator with Baek, Yeol, Suho, Yixing and some of our managers.  Yeol’s arm was s around Baek’s waist as he led Baek towards the exit. Jongin’s arm was resting on my shoulder as we walked side by side towards the back exit where our van was waiting for us.

 

 

And then I heard a gasp.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jongin’s POV

A gasp.

Followed by a whisper.

My heart instantly swung to the direction of the sound and my heart stopped for a second.

 

 

Girl.

A group of girls.

Crap.

 

 

Immediately, my arm was off Kyungsoo’s shoulder and I shrugged off my jacket in one quick move. Draping it in front of Kyungsoo and over Jungwoo, I switched over to the other side of Kyungsoo to block the girls’ view. Suho and Yixing must have heard the gasp as well as they walked directly in front of us, shielding the sight of the baby with their bodies. My arm went back to Kyungsoo’s shoulder as I gently urged him forward. His entire body had gone stiff and tense; he didn’t even turn to look in the girls’ direction. His arms tightened around the baby. I could only pray that Jungwoo didn’t wake up at this very moment and let out a huge wail.

We had been able to keep the boys’ existence under wraps for so long now; had we been too careless and complacent this time? What if we were exposed now? What would that do to the group and to Baek and Yeol who just managed to conceive? What would be the public’s reaction? To our relationship AND the boys. So many thoughts were running through my head and the walk to the exit could not have been any longer.

Once I was certain that the baby couldn’t be seen by those girls, I turned back to look at them. None of them had a camera or a phone in their hands, thankfully. Straining my ears, I tried to catch their conversation.

 

“EXO! It’s EXO!”

“Kaisoo!!! Baekyeol!!! Wow Lay is so handsome!”

 

 

They didn’t see?

I heard no mention of a baby but I couldn’t be so sure so I didn’t let my guard down until we were safely in the van, with all the doors closed. We kept the jacket on the baby even as we drove out of the hotel.

 

 

 

 

That was way too close.

I opened my arms and Kyungsoo immediately surrendered, going pliable in my arms. His earlier stiffness was now replaced by the complete lack of starch in his being as he slumped weakly in my arms. Rubbing reassuringly along his arms, I realised that he was shuddering and sobbing. Jungwoo still slept in his arms, oblivious to what had just happened.

“They didn’t see,” I whispered gently in his ear.

Almost instantly, he shot up and stared at me. Jungwoo squirmed at the sudden movement and let out a huge wail. Kyungsoo’s attention immediately focussed on the baby as he cooed and whispered sweet words to calm the baby down. It took a while but once Jungwoo fell back to sleep, he turned back to me.

“They didn’t see?” He asked incredulously.

I shook my head and added, “Even if they did, they weren’t taking any pictures so we need not worry about netizens scrutinising the photos and spotting the baby.”

“But I heard a gasp.”

“I guess they were just surprised to see celebrities?”

I could see the relief flooding his face as he let out a huge sigh of relief. And then his huge brown eyes filled up with tears and he, just like what our son had just did, let out a huge wail.

Pulling him back in my arms, I couldn’t help but laugh at him sobbing uncontrollably against my shirt. Poor thing must have been so scared earlier.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyungsoo’s POV

In the van

I honestly thought that they had seen the baby. I honestly thought that we were doomed. I honestly thought that the truth was out and our future as a family was destroyed. I entered the van, thinking how pictures of the baby would go viral on the internet and netizens would dig up the whole truth about my little family.

I was so scared. So afraid. So worried.

I wanted to run out the hotel doors the moment I heard that gasp but my body froze up and refused to do what my mind wanted it to. If not for Jongin’s gentle pressure pushing me forward, I’d probably still be stuck standing there like a statue.

 

And now that I knew that the girls didn’t see, who could blame me for bursting into tears? What can I say? Crying relieved the pressure on the soul. And crying itself brought relief because I wasn’t crying alone.

Jongin’s fingers drew circles on my back, soothing my crazy emotions and wildly thudding heart. He filled the members in on what had happened and I could hear an audible collective sigh of relief.

Our secret was safe.

 

 

 

 

 

 

For now. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Have you guys seen ALL that OTP action in China?????!!!!! /Dying in feels right now/

Kaisoo & Baekyeol proposals, Pepero game... GAHHHHHH....

I have loads of material to write about now hahaha! ;D

 

Thanks for reading this chapter and leave a comment ^^~