Bonus chapter: Hunhan/Sulay

Baby Story II

Hunhan

Luhan’s POV

Lying in bed, in the morning

Sehun.

Well.

He could be a man at times, and yet so childlike other times.

Right now, he looked like a child sleeping in my arms.

The thunderstorm last night had sent him scrambling for my bed. Not that I minded it very much. I liked sleeping with him in my arms. The warmth of his body was so comforting and familiar, much like how a perfect home would feel like. Warm and happy, safe and comforting. I had no idea how I’d survive those long months without him when we promoted separately as EXO K and M. I knew he had resented Lee Soo Man Seonsaenim for placing us in different subgroups. Promoting as 12 was by far the best arrangement ever. Though having 12 growing boys in one household was rather hectic and chaotic, it felt like we were completed again, as a family of 12.

He stirred slightly in his sleep as his arm s around my waist. Mumbling something, he burrowed further into my arms, all this while still sleeping soundly. I rested my forehead on his and planted a soft kiss on the top of his hair. He looked so young, sleeping completely unassumingly.

Like a baby.

My baby.

 

 

Suddenly the comforter flew up and off the bed and I came face to face with a very tall being.

Kris.

He slapped me hard on my back and said sternly, “Get up already, Sehun!”

“I’m Luhan.”

“Huh?”

“I’m not Sehun. I’m Luhan.”

“Huh? What? Ugh. Whatever. You guys look too alike for your own good. Just get up! The both of you!”

As I gently shook Sehun awake and guided him to the bathroom, I couldn’t help but smile to myself. There was a Chinese belief that considered two people compatible when they looked alike. Kris always messed us up in the morning, just the mornings. But it still gave me the satisfaction in knowing that Sehun and I could be considered compatible as a couple! But this was probably the reason why I was in M and he in K. We looked too alike.

“Hyung…” Sehun called out groggily from the bathroom.

Entering the bathroom, I replied, “Yes? Hyung is here.”

“Toilet paper. No more. Get me thome.”

“Here you go.”

“Sanks, hyung.”

 

Yes, yes.

Compatible, we were.

 

“Hyung!” Sehun’s voice rang from the kitchen.

“Hm?”

“I’m hungry. Make me thomething to eat.”

“What would you like?”

“Bubble tea!”

Smiling knowingly, I still remembered the first time I brought him to drink bubble tea. The way his eyes lit up after he took his first sip was so good. The way he looked at me with such admiration for introducing him to that drink was even better.

But he wasn’t always like a child who needed me around him all the time. In fact, it was more of the other way around. I needed him, just as much as, if not more than, he needed me.

Growing up, I was often the subject of peer bullying. I was called names like or , which were never nice to hear, let alone as a young boy. I had feminine facial features, adults would say that I looked prettier than most girls but my peers in school didn’t see it that way. When I first came to Korea as a trainee, I was ostracised by the other trainees present. None of those who bullied me were still with the company today, thank goodness. At that point in time, coming from China did not help my case one bit. With looks like a girl and my nationality being Chinese, the other trainees took an instant dislike to me.

All except one.

Sehun.

Well, he never bullied me but he didn’t make the effort to make friends with me either. He distanced himself from the bullying, choosing to ignore and not get involved.

Until that fateful day.

The day when the leader of the bullying gang was cut from the company.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sehun’s POV

Luhan hyung always had a smile on his face.

The kind of smile that was always kind and unassuming. The kind that was without a doubt sincere and heartfelt. The kind that could melt anyone’s heart and seep right through to their souls.

But that smile did not come easy.

 

He was bullied.

Incessantly.

At that time, I didn’t know his past experience with bullying. The other trainees didn’t like the fact that he looked better than them and that he came from China. So they ganged up on him. He never fought back, accepting every crude comment wrung his way. The bullying was never physical, just verbal. While I didn’t agree with the bullying, I didn’t want to make my own life living hell. Besides, it seemed like him could take it and the bullying was pretty much harmless.

Until that day.

It started out pretty normal. Nothing out of the blue. I was running late from being held up in school. I nudged open the door to the training room, expecting to see some trainees already there. Nope. The room was dark and empty. Movement made me look down and I saw him.

Luhan.

He was kneeling, no, slumped in the corner of the room, his white face visible even in the darkness of the room. His eyes were huge splashes of brown rimmed with red. He looked like a terrified deer in the spotlight.

I stood there and we exchanged loaded stares for what seemed to be a long time. I was frozen and completely unsure of what to do. My backpack slipped off my shoulder and hit the dance floor with a loud whack. He jumped at the sudden sound and cowered against the wall, hiding his face in the corner.

“.” I advanced awkwardly towards him, “Shh... Don’t worry, I’m not going to hurt you.”

Every step I took, he sank further into the corner. But his eyes were fixed on mine, as if searching for something. And then all of a sudden, he let out a cry, half whimper, half moan, and threw his arms around my neck. His whole body jerked with sobs. Awful, horrible sobs. Stunned at the sudden contact, I clumsily gathered him against me.

“What’s wrong?”

He made a gulping ‘huh-huh-huh’ sound, his nails scoring the back of my neck. Then he chose shook his head. I stopped trying to make sense of it and hauled him more tightly against my body. “It’s okay. It’ll be okay.” I threw a worried glance into the room. A broken wooden chair lay in pieces in the middle of the room. I turned back to the sobbing boy in my arms. Then, I saw it. Huge red angry marks covered almost every inch of his skin that was exposed.

My heart cracked against my ribs like the fist of a giant. “Who did this?” I slumped against the wall. It wasn’t like him to fall apart like that. While he didn’t answer my question, another sound did. It came from just outside the room, behind the closed door.

“Shall we continue with where we left off? With that . Why did he even come to Korea in the first place? With that face of his, he’ll never make it.”

“You think that is still in the room?”

“Of course, he is too dumb to run away. Besides, we had probably hit him till his brains were wrecked. HAHAHA!”

“Haha, who knew hitting him made us so thirsty! We should have made him buy us drinks.”

“Nah, can’t let anyone see him in this state. Otherwise we will get into trouble.”

Those voices in the hallway sounded oh so familiar. The kids in the same trainee group as me and him. The kids that had been bullying him since day one. I felt like a delicate freaking time bomb just waiting for a time and a place to explode. When I gently pried his fingers off my neck, he made some sound of protest but I ignored it. I had to peel him off me. “Stay here. Don’t move.” I whispered before heading to the door.

I waited until they were right in front of the door to whip open the door in one swift move. The door swung hard and hit the wall with a loud thud. The kids jumped in shock and took an involuntary step back. So I took a step forward.

“You guys.” I cracked some knuckles. “You guys have crossed the line this time. I haven’t said anything before but I’ll say something now. You so much as look at Luhan one more time and you’ll have to deal with me.” Slamming my fist into my palm, I glared at them, anger burning in every cell of my body. “Why don’t you take your idiotic jealously and inferior complexes somewhere else and leave him alone.”

I guessed I looked menacing enough because the four of them just took off and ran away.

Once I was sure that they were long gone, I retraced my steps back into the dance practice room. I saw that he was shaking as though with chills, his bare legs drawn his chest, his arms locked around his knees. He jumped so hard at the sound of my entrance and fresh tears brimmed in his eyes. I shrugged off my school jacket and shook it over him as I knelt on one knee beside him in that tiny corner of the room. Shock? Fear for him filled me. I had no idea why I was so concerned. Before this day, we hardly even spoke, barely considered to be acquaintance.

“Luhan?”

He lifted his eyes to my face. In the light from the opened door, I could see tear tracks glistening on his cheeks. I smoothed his hair back from his face, every line of which had somehow been engraved in my heart in that few short seconds. After giving him a quick once-over, I detected so many bruises that my heart ached for him. That night, I took him to my house and let my mom treat his wounds. I learnt that he was in Korea by himself so I offered to share my room with him so that he didn’t have to go back to the lonely apartment that ate up all his money for rent. I found out he was my hyung so I started calling him hyung. The following day, I brought the bullying incident up with the higher ups and both of us were transferred to a different trainee group where we met some of the nicest people. Yixing, Junmyeon, Jongin. And the many more that would be added in in the years to come.

After that incident, Luhan hyung and I became best friends. He introduced me to bubble tea, which was by far the best invention in the world. I brought him to eat all the yummy street food that Korea had to offer. I thought him the Korean Language while he attempted to teach me Chinese. The bullies still came looking for trouble with us, cornering us in alleys when we leave the SM building after training. But Luhan hyung and I, we stood up for each other. We might not have been the best fighter but we were the best team. We lost some battles and won others.

Soon Zitao and Kris joined our trainee group and no other kids dared to mess with us anymore.

 

Nowadays, Luhan hyung didn’t need protection anymore. He had grown to be a man with a full abled body lined with muscles and had one of the largest fanclub amongst us members. His smile was so natural that no one would have guessed his dark past.

And our relationship had blossomed to more than just friendship.

Luhan.

My Luhan hyung.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sulay on their relationship

Suho: When I first met Yixing, I had never met a more introverted person in my life. Although I too was slightly introverted, as a leader and as a sunbae trainee, I felt like it was my responsibility to make the first move.

Who knew that one thing led to the other and that became the best decision I had ever made.

 I fell in love with this man.

Our relationship is nothing like the passionate, can’t-get-enough-of-you relationship that Kyungsoo and Jongin have. It is definitely not like the fighting-followed-by-violent-make-up- kind of relationship that Baek and Yeol seem to enjoy. It is nothing like the innocent-and-pure-yet-dirty kind that Luhan and Sehun share. It isn’t like the fatherly and son bond that Kris and Tao seem to form. And it is 100% nothing like the gaming-addiction-club-or-the-no-idea-what-they-do-in-their-room kind of relationship that Chen and Xiumin have.

Yixing and I?

We are more like the married-for-fifty-years-and-still-happy kind of couple.

We are just contented. Asking for nothing more. In the hectic life of an idol, he provides the much-needed stability, the constant in my life. He is like the cornerstone of my heart, the safe haven that is always opened for me to return to. He is always there when I needed and he always knows the right words and gestures that comfort me the most. He always gives, never takes. He never seeks recognition or praise, always quietly helping from the side-lines. He is the true umma of the EXO family.

We didn’t have a drastic event that brought us today. We just gravitated to each other, I guess. We are just right for each other. Just a perfect fit.

And I am glad to have such a wonderful man by my side.

What about you, Yixing?

Lay: Same here. Exactly what he said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hunhan for fiqadongwoo and kyungbaek and Sulay for fr_unicorn.

Wrote this for fun... Hope you guys like it ^^