Liberty

Baby Story II

 

Jongin’s POV

Kyungsoo’s recovery was a long and gradual process over the next two weeks. The negativity didn’t disappear miraculously; it wasn’t that simple. But day after day, he relentlessly put in resilient effort to push away the pessimism, surrounding himself with positivity. He gained a newfound determination that night we talked and fought to become better.

He started to allow himself to enjoy the little moments in life and began more involved with the twins than he was before, playing with them and taking loads of photos. (Previously, he just fed and sang to them.) Instead of singing sad ballads, he sang nursery rhymes and upbeat songs for the twins. He smiled more and started to laugh. And the farts the twins made were a godsend and never failed to make him burst out laughing.

He was returning back to the old Kyungsoo.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyungsoo’s POV

I felt better. Much much better.

I still had my worries and concern about the twins. But it was down to a healthy level. I turned to research and careful reading to ease my worries and make precautions to prevent anything from happening to them.

Whenever I felt down or depressed, I would sought Jongin out to talk. He never failed to listen to me patiently and offer me the words that I needed to hear.

When I brought up SIDS.

“As parents, we want to do everything for our kids. We want to protect them from anything evil. We will try our best. But there are certain things that are out of our control. We simply have to take extra precautions like sleeping the twins on their backs to prevent SIDS. But if it really happens, knock on wood, it is an act of fate. There would be nothing we can do. At the end of the day, we should strive to never fail our children due to the lack of effort. That is the best we as parents can do for our children.”

When I worry about not being unable to protect them in future.

“We can’t protect them forever. There will definitely be times when they will get hurt. But those are the times when they will learn and become tougher. Instead of focussing on protecting them, we should focus on preparing them for the future battles they may have to face. Like they always say, give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime. We will teach them how to learn from their mistakes and the right morals and attitudes for them to succeed in life.”

Each time, he would patiently knock some sense back into my dense head, preventing me from going into a downward spiral of depression.

At the beginning, it took a lot of conscious effort. I had to constantly remind myself to think positively. To talk it out with Jongin. To enjoy the moments.

 But as the days went by, the effort that I had to put in decreased gradually and it became easier and easier for me to control my emotions. Until one day…

I was finally free.

I was no longer a slave of my own dangerous thoughts.

 

 

 

I was myself again.  

The morning the twins turned five weeks old, I woke up feeling refreshed and eager to start the day. I hadn’t felt that way in a long time. I checked on the babies to find that Jungwoo was starting to wake up. I lifted him out of the crib and carried him in my arms.

“Good morning, sweetheart. Why are you up so early?”

He just looked at him and then the most beautiful thing happened.

 

 

 

A beaming, toothless, just-for-you smile.

My heart melted.

He smiled! At me!

Newborns could zap the energy right out of any new parent, but that fatigue just turned into waves of love when I saw his smile.

I hugged him tightly and danced around the living room.

I needed to celebrate! Let’s cook up a feast! I brought out the baby sling and tied Jungwoo to my body. Then I went into the kitchen and started cooking up a storm. While I cooked, I held a monologue with Jungwoo. Talking to him about my hopes and dreams for his future. Describing to him a rainbow and all the other beautiful things in the world. All the while, he just looked at me with those huge brown eyes of his, simply enjoying the sound of my voice.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jongin’s POV

I heard a baby stir and immediately woke up.  From all the nights of waking up to feed the twins, I was now very accustomed to the sounds that they make. I sat up on the bed and to my surprise, Kyungsoo was not beside me. Dongwoo was starting to fuss so I walked over to the crib to give him a bottle first. And... to my surprise again, Jungwoo was not in his crib.

I lifted Dongwoo up and fed him some milk while rocking him in my arms. Curious to know where Kyungsoo and Jungwoo were, I walked out of the bedroom.

Only to be greeted by the familiar waft of Kyungsoo’s cooking and the sound of Kyungsoo’s chatter.

“Seven colours! Lined up next to each other. That’s called a rainbow. And you know what makes a rainbow even better? A clear blue sky. Can you imagine that, Jungwoo ah?”

 

 

Unbelievable.

Balancing Dongwoo in my arms, I stood at the kitchen door frame and watched Kyungsoo chat non-stop with Jungwoo who was tied to his body with a baby sling.

He was back. My Kyungie was back!

My heart swelled with pride.

Darkness can never drive out darkness. Only light can do that.

To see the light within him prevail was like having autumn leaves winding and whirling fantastic trails around my heart in the most exquisite and delightful way. I couldn’t help but smile – no matter how hard I try to resist, my lips just kept grinning.

 

 

 

“Morning.”

He jumped at the sound of my voice and blushed.

“Don’t just stand there and stare at my fat . Come and help out,” he chided; his face still flushed a shade of red.

I chuckled under my breath and walked towards him. I hugged Kyungsoo from the back, wrapping the three most important people in my life into one big hug.

“I’ve missed you.” I whispered into his ear.

 

I could feel him smile.

 

 

 

 

“I’ve missed me too.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Ugh. Been having writer's block lately.... Sorry if my chapters aren't up to standard ><

/bows for forgiveness/

 

 

@izie114: Hi there! I don’t think I’ve seen your username before so you must be a new subbie! Welcome! :) Thanks for reading and commenting! ^^

@ahnjinnaforkaisoo: Aw thanks for supporting me on this fic too! :D Glad you like it hehehe

@donutt: Yay! I made you cry! Hahaha.. that sounded mean. (I don’t mean it that way! You know that right? Ahahaha) Hope you have a blessed birthday this Friday then ^^

@myungielove: Thanks for commenting! Kaisoo should just start a family! Totally a match made in heaven!

@kyungsooaddict: Aw don’t cry… Kyungsoo is better now (in this chapter) ^^

@demetria: Another one that cried! Aw you guys are sweet! And I’m sure the right person will come to you in time. Otherwise, just let your other half read this fic and get them to learn from it HAHAHA

@Fluttershy123: Haha baby blues is real. A lot of first time moms feel it because of the drastic change in hormone levels :)

@aegiby: Thanks for leaving a comment! I’ll make them happy haha; too much angst in the Kaisoo fanfic world already LOL

@joohyun007: Aw I love you too for reading my fic! <3

@TheShipperFangirl: 25% of your heart?! HAHAHA YOUR COMMENT MADE MY DAY! HAHAHA! Too epic!!! /hugs you and twirl you around/

@kpopaddicted321: Thanks for reading this sequel too! ^^

@Michiru097: Thanks for commenting! Means A LOT to me ~~~