Blond

Baby Story II

Kyungsoo’s POV

In a private hospital room

“I’ll try. I promise.”

Jongin rested his head on my shoulder as I sat on the side of the bed. It wasn’t long before a heard a tiny snore coming from him. He had fallen asleep. I gently lifted his head off my shoulder and lowered the bed so that he could get a good night’s rest. I adjusted the pillow under his head and took a moment to admire his sleeping face. In sleep, his face was relaxed and peaceful, all traces of pain long gone.

I scurried around the room. Lying a blanket over our sleeping manager who had taken to the couch to spend the night, watching over us. Adjusting the air purifier. Checking the room temperature and increasing the temperature of the air-condition, so that Jongin won’t catch a cold. Tidying the hospital room. Packing Jongin’s belongings like his handphone and MP3 player which laid strewn on the bed. I tried to keep my hands as busy as possible, hoping to keep my mind busy as well. But these brainless tasks did little to prevent my mind from wandering.

My mind kept replaying what happened on stage. Tangled thoughts scurried around my tired mind. I had been exhausted more time than I could count with all the dance practices but tonight I had moved beyond that to a muscle-melting weariness that made it difficult to even lift my feet. The entire day had been a blur of endless emotional upsets, probably magnified by my lack of sleep. In this moment, I ached so badly and my limbs felt so leaden that I yearned to drop to my knees and fold my arms over the back of my head.

But somehow I didn’t slow down.

I continued to busy myself around the room, doing little things that honestly didn’t really matter. But I just had to do something. Anything.

It wasn’t until 1am in the morning, five hours since I had arrived in the hospital, did I slow down my pace and settle down in a chair that I had pushed to Jongin’s bedside.

I intertwined my fingers in his and rest my head beside in.

I laid there for a while and let my mind wander. Tears came to my eyes as I recalled the day’s events without anything to distract me. Jongin had a high pain tolerance so for him to have to stop mid-performance meant only one thing. The pain was way too unbearable. Tears were flowing freely now as my heart ached for him. I hated seeing him in such agony. I knew he wouldn’t want to see me in agony as well, which was why I tried my hardest to maintain a brave front earlier. Now that he was asleep, I let my true emotions come through. This couldn’t go on. Life was way too unfair. Dancing was his passion and it was injuries like these that could possibly rob him of his dreams and passion. I wasn’t sure if I should continue to support his dancing. I remembered during that dark period, I had urged him to not give up and continue pursuing his passion. Now I wondered if I did the right thing. Dancing was his passion but it was damaging him.

It took way too long before sleep finally robbed me of my consciousness.

I wasn’t sure how long I slept but it was the restless sleep lined with desperation and confusion.

When I waked, I had this brief, delicious feeling of happiness, that was somehow connected with him. Happiness was always connected to him. Then even without lifting my head, I saw the hospital bed in front of me and everything felt back to reality. Concern and worry took over.

Turning my head slightly to look at him, I realised the bed was empty. I jerked erect with dizzying abruptness and squinted my aching eyes against the bright morning sunlight shining through blinds. My joints protested as I rose from my chair to shoot frantic glances in all directions.

Still muddled with sleep, I scrambled around the room, desperately trying to find him.

Panic bubbled into my throat. Anxiety mounted within me.

“Kyungie!”

Startled by the one voice that I so wanted to hear, I whirled to face him standing by the bathroom door, his expression puzzled and incredulous. Words seemed to fail me for a moment as I just stood frozen to the ground, staring at him.

The hospital shirt collar laid open to reveal the sturdy column of his masculine neck and the blue cloth, flattened against his torso showcased his broad shoulders and well-muscled arms.
 

“Where have you been?” My voice came out as a high-pitched trembling sound.

“Bathroom.” He shrugged nonchalantly. Did he not know what he had just put me through?! I could feel tears welling up in my already puffy eyes from last night’s crying session.

“Don’t do that again!” My voice still trembled a little but now it was filled with relief mingling with annoyance.

He moved with an easy grace for such a lean muscular built, for someone who was supposed to be injured. He strode over to my side in two long strides. His fingers enfolded mine, the breadth of his hands encompassing the whole of mine. My legs went weak from this early morning scare. As I leaned my weight against him, I felt the iron-like anchor of his strength and had no fear that I might fall.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jongin’s POV

All I did was to go to the bathroom.

And that nearly caused a full-blown panic attack.

I noticed faint blue shadows of exhaustion under his lovely big eyes. I had an awful suspicion that he slept little, hardly ate last night. The very thought made me feel like a lowdown shrunk. If not for me, he wouldn't be in such a pickle. Sparkling tears had beaded on his dark lashes, forming them into little spikes that outlined his beautiful eyes of shimmering black.

“Are you alright? Do you feel better?” He peered up at me, his face still pressed against my chest.

“Yup. The doctor gave me a clean bill of health. Yesterday was just a case of overworking my body.”

Kyungie let out a huge sigh of relief. “That’s great to here.”

I pressed my lips on his hair and pulled back to look into his soulful eyes. A kiss, I decided. I needed a kiss. I lowered my head down to his and lifted his face to mine. As our lips touched, the sensation inside me grew warmer ad spread out from my chest, down through my body, out along my arms and legs, to the tips of my being. Instead of satisfying me, the kiss had the opposite effect, making me want more.

But a knock on the door interrupted our cuddle session and our manager hyung poked his head through the door.

“Jongin ah, let’s go. It’s time for your appointment at the salon. Have you made up your mind on what colour you want?”

Indeed I had.

~

Excited. I was super excited to show my new hair to Kyungie. I hoped he liked it because I sure did.

I swung open the door to our bedroom where he was playing with the twins.

He looked up, his face lighting up now that I was back home. And then, he looked at him, dead in my eyes, and his smile slowly disappearing.

I looked at him expectantly with eager anticipation.

“Blond.” He said, deadpan. “Of all colours to choose from, you choose blond.”

“You don’t like it?” The disappointment hardly dampened my excitement. It was such a drastic change for me, a change I welcomed so eagerly!

“Why blond?”

“Well, to be completely honest, I choose wine red. I wanted to match you! But coordi noona and the hair stylist refused to let me dye my hair red, saying that it would be too obvious that I was in a relationship with you. I mean come on, you had worn couple clothes with Baek and no one said anything. I just wanted couple hair with you. They still said no, that this was different. Pfft. And then I was thinking about how I wanted to make a drastic change so that, you know, I could perhaps attract some male fans away from you. So blond was my final choice!” I know I was blabbering but I could hardly control the excitement I felt.

Kyungie just stared at me, incredulous.

The twins too were staring at me, trying their hardest to figure out who I was.

A moment of silence passed before…

“DADA!” Jungwoo pointed and shouted excitedly. Dongwoo turned to look at his brother as if he was crazy before turning back to his toys. Kyungie and I shared a look and both of us burst out laughing.

“Yes, that’s right! I’m dada!” I picked Jungwoo up and twirl him in circles. He squealed in delight and giggled as adorably as any baby could.

“It looks good on you, by the way.” Kyungie sat on the ground and smiled. “I’m glad to see you all well again. Just don’t overwork yourself again.”

“Yes, ma’am!” I mock-saluted him as he kicked me with his legs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyungsoo’s POV

In the radio show

I was in a splendid mood as we did the Cultwo radio show. I couldn't stop smiling or laughing.

For starters, I got to sit beside Jongin through the hour-long recording.

Plus, Jongin seemed a lot better. And it was always great to hear from the doctor that it was nothing serious. Such incidents could be avoided if he was more careful with warming up and if he was slightly less clumsy. And the blond hair, well, what could I say about that? The fans were having quite a field day today, judging by the reactions to his hair.

I guessed we fed off each other’s mood all the time. Jongin himself was in a great mood. His hands kept wandering over to mine or my thighs as we sat behind tables. Up till now, his touches never fail to send tingles down my spine.

Ah.

After quite a scare yesterday, today seemed so perfect.

 

 

Yesterday’s fatigue all forgotten.

And replaced by the gratefulness I had for being this lucky. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Blond Kai. Did you guys like it? Plus who thinks that Kaisoo now look like strawberry cheesecake? *Raises hands*

and the Cultwo radio show, so full of Kaisoo moments \(^o^)/ 

Leave a comment~~ I love reading them :D